shape
carat
color
clarity

Inexpensive CS rings have arrived

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my existing projects carried over from 2020 and not new acquisitions for 2021.

Two of the stones are newly set, the radiant type cut EB Topaz and octagonal/Asscher cut Amethyst, both from Jeff Davies.

The Amethyst Tank ring is a reset, and the red trillion is a lab Ruby that I have included in this thread.

All in Rhodium-plated silver with or without Moissanites.

There was supposed to be an Apatite too, however, the stone was cracked beyond salvage when it was being set, hey ho.

Three pendants also arrived at the same time, however, I have issues with them, and shall start a separate thread later.

20210305_134716.jpg

I am wearing the EB Topaz today:

20210308_145410.jpg

And here are my collection of Amethyst ring to date (and I have no idea why my hand ended up looking so pink - no adjustment has been made to the photo except for cropping):

20210306_011754.jpg

DK :))

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new settings DK, I particularly like the topaz, fabulous colour and I do have a weakness for elongated cuts!
You have quite a collection of amethyst now! How do the different cuts perform?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new settings DK, I particularly like the topaz, fabulous colour and I do have a weakness for elongated cuts!
You have quite a collection of amethyst now! How do the different cuts perform?

Thanks!

The Amethysts are all very different.

If I am completely honest, the RH concave cut in the 3-stone Bombé is very expensive for what it is, and I doubt if I would spend that kind of money on another Amethyst.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Love them all but the blue is my favorite!!! Who did that setting for you??

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mail your stones to China? I also have a bunch of cheaper projects.

I gave some that I intended to set to my usual contact when I met him in person while I was in HK back in 2015, and have sent him some more in the post.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are amazing @dk168 ! They all turned out beautiful :love:. Using rhodium plated silver and moissy was a great idea. It’s nice to know that’s an option with diamondmounts.

Indeed, I am particularly impressed with the flower ring with the lab Ruby as I can't justify using 9/10K WG with diamonds with a lab stone!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
These came fabulously. Can you give us an idea of costs? I wish I had larger stones to set but I have a bunch of little ones and if they were lost I wouldn't mind as much. The quality look fantastic

Module

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! Do you have a picture of the profile view of the Asscher Amethyes ring and topaz ring?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These came fabulously. Can you give us an idea of costs? I wish I had larger stones to set but I have a bunch of little ones and if they were lost I wouldn't mind as much. The quality look fantastic

They ranged from 110 USD for the Tank-inspired ring, and 175 USD for the Asscher cut Amethyst.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Do you have a picture of the profile view of the Asscher Amethyes ring and topaz ring?

Here you go for the EB Topaz, I don't have one for the Asscher cut Amethyst yet.

It is completely solid which is what I wanted.

20210308_211424.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind words.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They ranged from 110 USD for the Tank-inspired ring, and 175 USD for the Asscher cut Amethyst.

Oh the tank inspired one is my favoutite
I'd wear it every day
which finger did you have it sized for ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh the tank inspired one is my favoutite
I'd wear it every day
which finger did you have it sized for ?

That is a reset as the original Tank-inspired ring was poorly made and thin in 14K WG that I bought many years ago before I found PS.

It was too small for the middle LH finger which what it was made for, and too big for the LH ring finger.

I was going to bin it, however, I really like the cut of the stone, and decided to have it reset it inexpensively for the LH ring finger instead.

I used to wear this ring a lot, and shall enjoy wearing it again.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a reset as the original Tank-inspired ring was poorly made and thin in 14K WG that I bought many years ago before I found PS.

It was too small for the middle LH finger which what it was made for, and too big for the LH ring finger.

I was going to bin it, however, I really like the cut of the stone, and decided to have it reset it inexpensively for the LH ring finger instead.

I used to wear this ring a lot, and shall enjoy wearing it again.

Im really happy you had it remade
it sounds like it deserved a 2nd life

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww yay! Your projects have arrived and they look deliciously vibrant. How fun!

Is that all that you are waiting on? Lol are we still going on a bling ban? :(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here you go for the EB Topaz, I don't have one for the Asscher cut Amethyst yet.

It is completely solid which is what I wanted.

20210308_211424.jpg

Nice !!!
Do you mind if i save this pic for future inspiration?
I have found the hard way this is my 2nd most important view of a ring (that i plan to wear)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really nice bezel work!! The rings are beautiful!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww yay! Your projects have arrived and they look deliciously vibrant. How fun!

Is that all that you are waiting on? Lol are we still going on a bling ban? :(

I also received 3 pendants at the same time, however I have issues with them and shall start a separate thread later.

These are all projects carried over from last year that they could not make in time to ship to me before the end of 2020.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice !!!
Do you mind if i save this pic for future inspiration?
I have found the hard way this is my 2nd most important view of a ring (that i plan to wear)

Of course.

I was actually asked by my regular contact if I wanted something decorative in the basket as the stone is quite deep, and was surprised when I said no.

I wanted it to look chunky and not delicate.

Module

Shiny_Rock
@Module here is a pic of the profile/gallery of the Asscher Amethyst.

20210308_233233.jpg

Thank you! I like it a lot, they are like stepping up stairs and very art deco feels.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are really pretty!

These are my existing projects carried over from 2020 and not new acquisitions for 2021.

Two of the stones are newly set, the radiant type cut EB Topaz and octagonal/Asscher cut Amethyst, both from Jeff Davies.

The Amethyst Tank ring is a reset, and the red trillion is a lab Ruby that I have included in this thread.

All in Rhodium-plated silver with or without Moissanites.

There was supposed to be an Apatite too, however, the stone was cracked beyond salvage when it was being set, hey ho.

Three pendants also arrived at the same time, however, I have issues with them, and shall start a separate thread later.

20210305_134716.jpg

I am wearing the EB Topaz today:

20210308_145410.jpg

And here are my collection of Amethyst ring to date (and I have no idea why my hand ended up looking so pink - no adjustment has been made to the photo except for cropping):

20210306_011754.jpg

Woowee. How do you ever decide which piece to wear?? Also, I'm usually #teampurple, but I find myself surprisingly drawn to the lab ruby. Such a pretty shade of pinkish-red!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woowee. How do you ever decide which piece to wear?? Also, I'm usually #teampurple, but I find myself surprisingly drawn to the lab ruby. Such a pretty shade of pinkish-red!

In the colder months, my shirts alternate between red and green checks, and I would avoid wearing a green stone ring with a red shirt etc...

In the warmer months, I wear bright and colourful Jamsworld Hawaiian shirts, and anything goes.

The lab Ruby is not too big and/or blingy to be designated as a special occasion ring, therefore it will get a lot of wear.

Not set rule except to avoid matchy matchy as I don't really like it.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful @dk168 ! So many pretty rings to choose from!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results