shape
carat
color
clarity

INDIAN DIAMOND

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pat

Rough_Rock
Hi folks,

Am living and working in Bombay-India.
Wanna buy round 0,87 carat VVS1, F diamond...
Know this Jain family wholesale shop in Taj Hotel where majority of tourists and expats buy in trust.
Price he is asking for this diamond is 2500 dollar.
Cut is good and references are plenty of people having appraised abroad the cut, same I will do in Antwerp with HRD if I buy.
Which of you experts out there can guide my decision and advice if I get value for money ?
IN COMPARISON TO LOWEST PRICES PER CARAT ON THIS SITE I WOULD PAY 50 T0 55 % OF LOWEST CANVASED PRICE, WHICH LOOKS REALLY CHEAP.....

WHO HAS BOUGHT IN INDIA ALREADY AND CAN TELL ME IF DOABLE OR NOT ?

Diamondly yours,
wavey.gif

tuer

Rough_Rock
I just bought a diamond (VS2/H,0.85c,I posted details before) which cost me 3735 dollars (not including the setting). Your price is really lower and alluring.
3.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask him to send it to Rapaports office in Roxy building, Opera House district. Rap does a 2 week turn around to GIA and back.
It will not be as graded, but may come in G-H VS and still be good value.
Offer to pay the cert costs up front and give away the money if you are unhappy with the grade.
You can buy an Ideal-Scope from www.ideal-scope.com, or the people on the opposite side of the same floor as Rap might sell you one, they have a few.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I appraise stones from India regularly (several of my clients are Indian wholesalers and jewelers), and the grading which comes from India is very seldom correct. I don't think they use many microscopes over there.

Other than that, their prices are usually very good, but probably won't turn out to be the "half of prices canvassed" deal that you're thinking it is.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Cut nut , I have seen customers come back from India with a great deal only to find out it was not. You are under limiting conditions and Good intentions are no substitute for honest dealings. They all want your money and could care less . Also some of their cutting skills dont match up to the rest of the world. Factor all that in and you need to go to Rapaports office in Roxy building, Opera House district. Then you will see what you are getting for your money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results