shape
carat
color
clarity

Independent Appraiser in DC Area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with any independent appraisers in the DC area? I will probably be looking for an appraisal of a stone before purchase sometime in the near future and am hoping to get some recommendations or referrals.

Thanks so much!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 5:37:58 AM
Author:oneforship
Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with any independent appraisers in the DC area? I will probably be looking for an appraisal of a stone before purchase sometime in the near future and am hoping to get some recommendations or referrals.

Thanks so much!
You might have already come across this tool, but I thought I would post it anyway for you.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Martin Fuller in McLean is great.

oneforship

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 8:24:48 AM
Author: BizouMom
Martin Fuller in McLean is great.

He is one of the ones listed from the Excel Diamonds website, but I noticed he wasn''t listed on the Pricescope listings.

Can you sit in on your appraisal with him, and how long is the turnaround?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Martin used to be listed here, and it''s one of the ways I found him.

It''s at least typical to sit in for the appraisal. When I had mine, another one of his staff did the appraisal for me. I recall the length of time was about 1 1/2 hours.

I''d seen your post earlier, but didn''t respond...partly because...from the little I know about appraisers in the area, despite good feedback you''ll find from virtually anyone who uses their appraiser, I''m not inclined to recommend anyone local. Noting particularly the equipment and materials from locals is one thing. Also...I''m very hard on all appraisers...so that''s another.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results