shape
carat
color
clarity

Independent Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

focus282

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

So I finally found the perfect engagement ring and I am picking it up today.

Though my jeweler is giving me an appraisal (for insurance purposes), I still want to get an independent appraisal done for peace of mind.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a trustworthy appraiser in New York?

Also, what is a fair price to pay for an appraisal (the stone is 1.06 ct)?

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2010 1:38:33 PM
Author:focus282
Hey guys,

So I finally found the perfect engagement ring and I am picking it up today.

Though my jeweler is giving me an appraisal (for insurance purposes), I still want to get an independent appraisal done for peace of mind.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a trustworthy appraiser in New York?

Also, what is a fair price to pay for an appraisal (the stone is 1.06 ct)?

Thanks!
Hi Focus

There are several appraisers in the NY area which you can find usingthis tool. I know some have used David Wolf and been pleased with his services, I haven''t used him personally. You can search his name above using the search tool to read up on the experiences other buyers have had with him.

focus282

Rough_Rock
thanks so much. that link is going to be extremely helpful.

any idea of how much it should cost for the appraisal?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2010 2:38:41 PM
Author: focus282
thanks so much. that link is going to be extremely helpful.

any idea of how much it should cost for the appraisal?
You are welcome!

I believe it depends on the detail of the appraisal required, I think a ballpark figure is around $200 and up but ask how much it would be in your case. For example, just having the stone verified that it matches the report is going to be cheaper than a full appraisal where every minute detail of the stone is documented.

NoobInNeed

Rough_Rock
I don''t mean to hijack. I believe this is on topic.

White Flash includes a letter of verification from an independent appraiser with the diamonds they sell. They said they have an independent appraiser come in daily to appraise pieces. Is there a need to get another independent appraisal for insurance purposes in addition to this?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2010 8:41:05 AM
Author: NoobInNeed
I don't mean to hijack. I believe this is on topic.

White Flash includes a letter of verification from an independent appraiser with the diamonds they sell. They said they have an independent appraiser come in daily to appraise pieces. Is there a need to get another independent appraisal for insurance purposes in addition to this?
The OP has not purchased from a known vendor to the best of my knowledge so an independant appraisal in their case could be well worth doing.

If you have purchased from WF, they do include an appraisal which can be used for insurance purposes so its up to your comfort level if you prefer to get an additional appraisal. Some buyers are quite happy with the WF appraisal and some prefer the extra reassurance of getting one done themselves so its entirely up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results