shape
carat
color
clarity

indented natural on VVS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kennyg

Rough_Rock
Hello all -

I am curious about what you think regarding an indented natural on a VVS2 - I''ve never seen one in person, but when I see the pictures of these on this forum they don''t look attractive to me. However when I see the rating of VVS2, I wonder how visible it is? I don''t have a 40x but I have the following:

1.50ct
Color: I
Clarity: VVS2
Cut: VG
Polish: EX
Sym: VG
Fluor: Medium Blue
Table: 55%
Depth: 62.5%
Crown: 35.6 deg
Pav: 40.4 deg

Many thanks for your help.

KG2007110207.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
on a VVS2 you aren''t going to see a thing...so it won''t really matter at all. You will even have a hard time locating the natural with a microscope. Many of us here would say that you could do down in clarity to save money and still not see a thing. Many SI stones are eye clean.

kennyg

Rough_Rock
Good to know. The price for this is reasonable, otherwise I''ve been considering 1.50ct. I VS1/VS2. I was wondering if the price was reasonable because of that indented natural, or some other reason, and have asked for pictures and idealscope from the seller.

The other reason might be table size? It scores well on HCA - 0.8 EX/EX/EX/VG. VG on spread doesn''t concern me, but I got curious when I saw an almost identical stone:

1. 1.50ct I VVS2 with VG GIA cut grade, EX polish, VG sym, and medium blue fluor. Measurements: 7.26 x 7.29 x 4.55 (above)

2. 1.50ct I VVS2 with EX GIA cut grade, EX polish, EX sym, and medium blue fluor. Measurements: 7.39 x 7.45 x 4.45

I don''t have the crown/pavilion info for #2 yet so I don''t know it''s HCA score. But is there a big visual difference between 7.26 x 7.29 and 7.39 x 7.45? The second one is $1000 more in price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results