shape
carat
color
clarity

Indecisive for 1.5 years, yeesh!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Hey y''all.  I just registered here but I have been lurking about daily for the last year and a half.  After my grandmother died, her daughters and granddaughters all inherited some pieces of jewelry.  She had left me some cluster emerald items (a ring and a pin) which didn''t really flip my skirt, but I held on to them because she willed them to me.  Turns out my aunt really liked them, so to keep them in the family and get them to someone who would actually wear them, I sold them to her on her condition that I''d use the money for a piece of jewelry for myself that I love and would wear often.  (Longest.  Sentence.  Evar.)

So to make a long story longer, I''ve been fence-sitting for the last year and a half trying to decide what I want.  First I wanted a pear, but then realized that a bow tie wouldn''t please me to wear.  Then I wanted an oval, but realized most of them have bow ties also.  Then I wanted an Asscher, but I already have an emerald cut engagement ring so I thought I''d prefer something a little different.  I decided I loved the cushion cut, but I really want flash as opposed to sparkle.  Eventually I got serious and mailed Good Old Gold about their square-brilliant cushion cuts.  Tim says they have one that''s really flashy that''s in my price range, and I''m very tempted by it.  Here is the link for it.  Is it just me, or do those SI1 inclusions seem pretty tame?

I would like to put it into an antique or pave style platinum ring.

Oh, and here''s a pic of my wedding set - the center stone is a light champagne 1.02 emerald cut, VVS1 (the appraiser said it might be IF, but he was hesitant to go so far barring an actual GIA report).  The stones on my wedding ring were taken from jewelry of my grandmother''s and mother''s and made into two identical rings, but I really only wear one since wearing both is too bulky on my fingers.

DSCN3342.thumb.jpg

So, to sum up, HI!  And what do you think about that square cushion cut stone? 
1.gif

youngster

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know a thing about square-brilliant cushions (other than they''re beautiful and I would love to have one for a RHR one day). I''m sure some of the experts will chime in soon but I thought I''d say hello
35.gif
and tell you how lovely your own rings are. I love that you used stones from your mother and grandmother''s jewelry. Very neat. And, I think a lot of us understand about the fence-sitting. It can be hard (fun, but hard) to make such an expensive choice.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
This looks like a beautiful stone. And yes, those inclusions don''t look very prominant. But send it to an appraiser, and see what they think.

Just look at that Brilliancescope! What a winner.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The only issue I have with the square cushion is that most of them look pretty deep to me compared to say, the regent, the jubilee or the modern brilliant cushion. For ex, there is one 1.98 H&A cushion on the site that is 6.9X6.9 maybe....when my 2.13 modern cushion 2.13 is 7.94X7.84. GOG can get you any of these!

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, moremoremore, that''s an interesting consideration. I guess I would know the actual carat weight, in any event. Not like I''m going to wear a sandwich board advertising it though! I just really like those big chunky rainbow flashes! I''m not sure what other squarish/ovalish cut would have those.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
I got another image of the stone in my email the other day.
1.gif

sqcush.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2005 8:18:54 PM
Author: Addlepated
I just really like those big chunky rainbow flashes! I''m not sure what other squarish/ovalish cut would have those.
Er... and old mine or (less) OEC. Any mixed cut wit larger facets, like the Lucida/Lucere combining step pavilion with brilliant pavilion, or the Spring cut with the scissor style facets. The Crisscut cushion (and the Crisscut in general) would fit the description too, IMO. Sadly, aside the OMC all the rest are branded. But there are quite a few oldies around, inlcluding some with spectacular optics - GOG sold a couple too ;-)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a nice looking stone, imo...have you looked at the jubliee? those are nice looking too! hope you find something that "flips your skirt" .....i''m sure it''s out there! good luck.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Well, not indecisive anymore!

I bought it.
9.gif

handshot.jpg

(that''s not my hand, but it''s a pic from GOG)

And a comparison between the square cushion and the Queen of Hearts:

sqcushvsqoh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results