shape
carat
color
clarity

Indecisive and unknowledeagble, needing your expertise!

Pompbeauty

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I am new to PriceScope as a poster but not as a reader. I thank you all for the excellent information you have provided me in the during of resetting my solitaire ring!

I just got back my new halo set ring and have a two decisions to make that the jeweler is willing to tweak if I decide so.

1. I had asked if my center diamond could be raised slightly over halo, It appears to be a bit flat for my taste, but I was clear that I wanted everything to blend a bit so as to give me a larger looking stone. Maybe this is why?

2. I find the prongs holding my center stone a bit heavy. But perhaps this adds in illusion to my stone looking larger?

I know these are minute details, overall he did a fabulous job...looking forward to your opinions!

_1091.png

_1093.png

_1094.png

_1092.png

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pompbeauty|1459966035|4016238 said:
Hello everyone!

I am new to PriceScope as a poster but not as a reader. I thank you all for the excellent information you have provided me in the during of resetting my solitaire ring!

I just got back my new halo set ring and have a two decisions to make that the jeweler is willing to tweak if I decide so.

1. I had asked if my center diamond could be raised slightly over halo, It appears to be a bit flat for my taste, but I was clear that I wanted everything to blend a bit so as to give me a larger looking stone. Maybe this is why? I think the stone height is fine as is.

2. I find the prongs holding my center stone a bit heavy. But perhaps this adds in illusion to my stone looking larger? No. I would have those prongs shaved down.

I know these are minute details, overall he did a fabulous job...looking forward to your opinions!

Pompbeauty

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much about the prongs. Still not sold on the 'flatness' of the halo. Can anyone please share their thoughts?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the halo is flat, but not because of the stone height but because the halo is not tilted down at an angle. It's all just personal preference. It doesn't matter what any of us think, if you want the stone raised higher then go for it! :wavey:

Pompbeauty

Rough_Rock
liaerfbv|1460048685|4016607 said:
I think the halo is flat, but not because of the stone height but because the halo is not tilted down at an angle. It's all just personal preference. It doesn't matter what any of us think, if you want the stone raised higher then go for it! :wavey:

Thank you. I think a tilted halo is more my problem rather than the stone needing raising. Doubt that can be tweaked now that it is set. Would you know?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No, the whole setting would have to be remade for the halo to be tilted now. It can't hurt to ask the jeweler if he would remake it if it really bothers you, the worst he can say is no.

Pompbeauty

Rough_Rock
Oh dear...Thanks for your time and help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results