shape
carat
color
clarity

Incredibly detailed, intricate Solid Gold(?) Dragon Bracelet

CoyneAndGamble

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here but am very glad to have found a forum such as this. My name is Nathan and I am the Managing Director of Coyne&Gamble Jewellery in Australia. A large component of my role is ensuring we source and maintain a high quality and truly unique range of jewellery products and accessories that reflects the pride our company takes in every piece we send to market.

I purchased a lot at auction in the UK recently and unearthed this exquisite creation tucked away amongst what was predominantly a box of scrap/broken gold and small stirling silver adornments. The Dragon Bracelet was packaged with a pair of authentic Argentine Chiorro Blades in Alpaca Silver with solid 14ct gold finishings on the handles and sheath artistry. They are magnificent also however I was able to research those and have them evaluated just fine ;-).

This little wonder has been literally doing my head in, however!

It appears to be made of solid gold (very bright like 24ct but very hard as well, which suggests lower) all the way through and clearly hand crafted based on extraordinarily detailed and intricate carvings and designs on the outer body and amazing head where you can clearly define detail in the eyes and nose as well as a lifelike tongue inside the mouth. Under the chin and in other less visible areas the gold is clearly melted and molded to form the bracelet`s shape.

Although the clasping mechanism appears quite simple, it clicks into place with astounding strength. The circle remains perfect always once locked and you can only release the clasp by applying pressure to the correct spot on the bracelet. You simply cannot just pull it open and off, you have to follow the process.

Perhaps most interesting of all are the hand carved engravings and markings inside the band. They possibly have some sort of religious significance as the only symbol that was clearly recognisable to me is the Stonemason symbol on the inner right.

If anyone out there can provide any insights or observations I have missed and particularly any information regarding the meaning of the engraving themselves it would be greatly appreciated.

Please note the piece is not being sold in this thread. I wouldn't even know where to start pricing it for sale.

20160828_154421.jpg

20160828_154441.jpg

20160828_154514.jpg

20160828_154528.jpg

CoyneAndGamble

Rough_Rock
Re: Incredibly detailed, intricate Solid Gold(?) Dragon Brac

Pictures of the engravings and hallmarks.

20160828_154922.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Incredibly detailed, intricate Solid Gold(?) Dragon Brac

Hi, it seems to have some green verdigris on it which make me think it is a copper / brass alloy. Have you acid tested it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results