shape
carat
color
clarity

Incoming - quite average spinel

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Heh, so I spoke about liking stones that were not so top drawer. Here is my incoming native cut, rather wonky orange brown 2.27 spinel pendant. I'm still excited! I think it does "read" as a garnet.

Color: orange brown
Weight: 2.27cts
Size: 8.8x6.1x4.6mm
Natural: Unheated, untreated, no oil
Origin: Vietnam

Screenshot 2024-04-21 093520.png garnet spinel.png

I find these "off-color" spinels to be a lot of fun. I have a "coral" one that I put in that box... not as valuable as the reds, true pinks, lavenders, and blues. But I enjoy them. Congrats!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Looks pretty to me!
Thank you :)

I find these "off-color" spinels to be a lot of fun. I have a "coral" one that I put in that box... not as valuable as the reds, true pinks, lavenders, and blues. But I enjoy them. Congrats!
Thank you. I would love to see your coral stone. This is all a learning experience and I look forward to eventually making it to a large gem show.

Thank you :)

Thank you. I would love to see your coral stone. This is all a learning experience and I look forward to eventually making it to a large gem show.

Sure... she's around 4.5ct. Sometimes they refer to these stones as "padparadscha spinel," because they're orangey-pink. But I don't think they look anything like true pad sapphires. It seems to be an attempt to raise their market value, but they're still priced rather reasonably comparatively speaking. :dance:

Your new stone will be a great autumn piece... a rich rusty red!!

1D179283.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sure... she's around 4.5ct. Sometimes they refer to these stones as "padparadscha spinel," because they're orangey-pink. But I don't think they look anything like true pad sapphires. It seems to be an attempt to raise their market value, but they're still priced rather reasonably comparatively speaking. :dance:

Your new stone will be a great autumn piece... a rich rusty red!!

1D179283.jpg

I like the color very much. I like the orange flecks within. Does it flash orange or pink?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh I get it! Neat, I can see those little orange bits and wondered how she "acts". I appreciate your show and tell. As always, a delight.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heh, so I spoke about liking stones that were not so top drawer. Here is my incoming native cut, rather wonky orange brown 2.27 spinel pendant. I'm still excited! I think it does "read" as a garnet.

Color: orange brown
Weight: 2.27cts
Size: 8.8x6.1x4.6mm
Natural: Unheated, untreated, no oil
Origin: Vietnam

Screenshot 2024-04-21 093520.png garnet spinel.png

that is awsome

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results