shape
carat
color
clarity

Inclusions?

Ruth150

Rough_Rock
I appreciate the opportunity you have giving me to asset the forum. I inspected my brooch (square emerald cut) and found a group of inclusions in the stone. Can this affect it and what type of inclusions are they? Thank you in advance for a reply! whiteinclusions.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What I am mostly seeing is the chip on the culet that is more obvious to me than the small inclusions that appear to be colorless crystals. I reserve the right to be wrong though.

Wink

Ruth150

Rough_Rock
Wink|1471454877|4066946 said:
What I am mostly seeing is the chip on the culet that is more obvious to me than the small inclusions that appear to be colorless crystals. I reserve the right to be wrong though.

Wink

Thank you for the information! I might have to re-polish it in order to eliminate the chip.

Ruth150

Rough_Rock
The chip does not appear too obvious when looking through it from the top. Which is better: to keep it the way it is or re-polish it? I'm seriously worried about the chip. I recognized there was a problem but I was under the impression that it was the natural skin. It’s an antique "Carré Cut" (17mm) from the Edwardian Period (1901–1914). Thank you in advance for your advice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results