shape
carat
color
clarity

Inclusion on edge of diamond/girdle

Dm4er

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have my eyes on a diamond, however noticed that there is an inclusion on the girdle/edge.

Is this likely to be a problem? E.g. higher chance the diamond will be damaged/crack in the future? Should I seek to avoid this diamond?

Also, any thoughts on the colour/hue/brightness etc of this diamond would be very much appreciated before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 5.34.43 pm.png

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I have my eyes on a diamond, however noticed that there is an inclusion on the girdle/edge.

Is this likely to be a problem? E.g. higher chance the diamond will be damaged/crack in the future? Should I seek to avoid this diamond?

Also, any thoughts on the colour/hue/brightness etc of this diamond would be very much appreciated before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 5.34.43 pm.png

Just commented on your other post but if it’s a lab diamond, we need to discuss here.

Dm4er

Rough_Rock
Hey guys - thanks for the clarification. The diamond in question is the below:

Cheers!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Have you been sent the report to check if it's an inclusion and if so, what sort? I can see it face up but can't see anything on the girdle as it spins around. If it's a small nibble of some sort, I don't see it being a problem over time. It looks like a nice stone overall.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see it on the report or on the video when the stone turns. It looks like maybe it's just a natural on the stone. I wouldn't worry too much about it until you see it in hand. If you and your jeweler think it's safe, just have the prong or bezel placed over it.

Dm4er

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for the responses!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results