shape
carat
color
clarity

Inclusion in VS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nick

Rough_Rock
I was looking around today and this is what I found:

1.21 Ct Round
G
VS2
GIA cert

This one had only one visible inclusionwhat looked to be right under the girdle edge and was apparent when viewed with the loupe. However, I could also make out this inclusion with my eye when I first found it with the loupe. Could this still be scored at a VS2? Granted it''s only one inclusion, but it was big enough to see. The price was $7300 which also seemed kinda steep.

Comments?

lacina

Shiny_Rock
The price is ok for well cut 1.21G/VS2,...
You should send the stone to an expert to match it up with the GIA cert.
It is unlikely you would be able to see the inclusion on round brilliant with your eyes unless you are a superman or trained expert

George
GLE Gem Imports

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
You need a lot more than table and depth percentages...in order to know if the stone is the proper one for you.

GIA doesn't say that VS stones are eye-clean...nor does it claim SI stones are.

The grading for claity is based on the ease a skilled grader of diamonds believes it to be.

Inclusions at the edge of a diamond - particularly cleavages or feather I'd avoid.

Since most VS-2 diamonds are priced the same, search out the plot and pick another stone. However a VS-1 is a lot "lighter" than a VS-2.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results