shape
carat
color
clarity

In Store Pricing - Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jim123

Rough_Rock
I have been doing some homework on the big purchase. I have decided to buy from a local retailer rather then online. My question is how much should you expect to pay in store vs online (getting a good deal). 110% of a good online price or ?

I am finding a wide range of price. At Joe Escobar in Campbell, CA I find this difference
Both Princess

0.87 - D, VS2, Sym=G, Pol=VG, Depth=78.1%, Tbl=79% @ $3958 ($4549 per C)

1.01 - E, VS1, Sym=G, Pol=VG, Depth=66.3%, Tbl=75% @ $6868 ($6800 per C)

Does this jump in price make sense? I know going over 1 really bumps up the price, but that seems excessive to me.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
pay what you feel comfortable paying. there are no set standards and no one can put a price on what the added value services a b&m store provides for you.

yes, there is a big price increase at the 1ct. mark (and the 1.25 and the 1.50..etc.) that will account for some of the difference. there are many other factors as well....the 'c's' will come into play of course and cut quality will make a definite impact on price. the bottom line is, there are many factors that will come into play as far as the final cost. go with what you like and where you feel comfortable spending your $$$.

you can get an idea of pricing here.

jim123

Rough_Rock

I guess I need to rephrase my question (after more research). I have a diamond that i am considering purchasing. It is $5510 (no discount negotiated beyond the first price they told me). This is in store.

In searching for as close of a match as possible using this site''s search engine prices range from $3600-$4100 for Princess F, SI1, GIA, 1.02-1.03CW, SYM-VG,POL-EX,depth/table very close to the in store one.

I know every diamond is different, etc. Am i comfortable paying $5500? Yes I am comfortable paying that much for a diamond. Am I comfortable paying $1400 more then everything I see on this site for something that is exact spec wise? No, I am not.

Is 34% and expected markup vs buying from an online retailer, or is the number closer to 10%? I want to make sure I negotiate the best deal I can.

Thanks! (ps hoping for a quick reply!)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t have the answer to your question..i don''t know what % markup you should pay. there is a benefit to shopping in a b&m store. there is also a disadvantage and that is..most of the stones you will find are mediocre cuts that will appeal to the pedestrian masses. the two stones that you posted are evidence of that. neither are cut with optimum proportions. did you get a chance to compare many stones?

TexasLawyer

Rough_Rock
Ultimately it is up to you. Do you think you''re getting a good stone for the money you are paying? If so, then it''s a good purchase.

That being said, you will always get a better deal buying online...and with 30-day risk-free return periods, you have nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results