shape
carat
color
clarity

In search of the blue diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rollsroyce

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for a men's platinum wedding band with blue diamond accents. Any suggestions?

(Not too gaudy, though)

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
It would have almost certainly have to be a custom piece, but it's certainly doable. Keep in mind that blue diamonds are extremely expensive if the color is at all attractive. Few things are pricier than nice blue diamonds.

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Blue sapphires would look good and be less expensive than blue diamonds.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Blue diamonds and sapphires are really apples and oranges. They don't look much alike other than both being blue. If anything, blue diamonds look more like blue topaz, although much more brilliant and scintillating.

I think the idea of a wedding band with blue diamond accent stones is interesting. I just wish I could afford it myself.
sad.gif
I recently saw a nice blue diamond ring that would retail for around $500,000, while Christies just sold a lot of two blue diamonds (about 5 ct and 1 ct) ... for a mere $255,000/ct.
eek.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I understand the word "accents" correctly, you'd want a number of below 0.1 cts blue diamonds on the ring. These can be color enhanced (real bargain, no further comment) or not.

At this size, the naturally colored dots should not break the bank, but there will not be too many jewelers ready to find a set of matched blues of decent clarity & color (forget cut). To the best of my knowledge, the little blue stones between 0.05 and 0.09 cts sell for about 1000 apiece. Most of available such stones are rather gray, and for them prices drop (towards half of the above-mentoned amount) as the blue-ness vanishes. This is some very loose statistic, since I do not cross such merchandise every day.

I must say that I find either option (natural color or not) just as good an idea. Which one are you after?

esttorpag

Rough_Rock
You can find a variety of styles at www.stuller.com.
Finding natural blue ones would be almost impossible.
Color enhanced diamonds are irradiated and will typically have an off blue to green
color, similar to off color blue topaz (which is also irradiated to achieve the blue color). The color is supposed to be permanent. They usually cost less than fine quality white diamonds of the same size. I find that simple bands with one to three gypsy set stones often suit men best. That would be easy enough to do with almost any of the sample designs at the stuller site.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Just contact a designer that is willing to work with people directly, sketch what you are thinking or provide some photo ideas, ask for a quote, and have it made, thats what we are here for
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results