shape
carat
color
clarity

In search for a marquise style emeral pendant

blueaz

Rough_Rock
Hi there!

While I've always wanted to acquire a marquise/pear-shaped emerald pendant, I've only recently considered actually purchasing the damn thing.
Consequently, I've spent the last two days learning as much as I can on the subject but the whole thing appears a bit tricky, especially regarding the amount of vendors, price variability, and honestly, piss-poor gems sold online. Add to that the fact that I'm unfamiliar with these foreign markets (I'm French) and you have an individual unable to make up his mind and extremely suspicious of everything he sees lol (which may be a good thing right?)

I then ask you, would you say buying the actual emerald and then turning it into a pendant is better than purchasing a ready-to-be-worn piece? I've found that many pendant's gems are generally included and oiled which sucks. But then, where would one buy the actual gem and be certain it's up to par and of quality? Finally, how much would you think I should be spending for a 1crt, lightly/non-oiled Colombian, very slightly/slightly included emerald? I reckon Zambians may be cheaper ?

Thank you all for you attention and I hope I'm readable :)

Charles

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results