shape
carat
color
clarity

In need of opinion and feedback

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marqlvr

Rough_Rock
I found a mounting at McGivern that a jewelry store locally sells for much higher. Has anyone purchased mountings from him before? He says all mountings carry VS2/H color stones and he will provide paperwork stating this.

Also, if I purchase the mounting and center stone from the Internet, will I have trouble getting a local jeweler to clean and check my stones on a periodic basis?

buttercup

Rough_Rock
what mounting is it?

marqlvr

Rough_Rock
I have decided against buying from McGivern. I found out the mounting is a Gottlieb design and that he isn't purchasing from Gottlieb, he is making the ring himself. This is not a slam at McGivern because I'm sure he does quality work and would probably never know the difference, but I would prefer it to be from Gottlieb.

I am going to look at it locally this weekend from a Gottlieb retailer and will have Jan from Diamond Brokers of Florida order for me since I will be purchasing the center stone from her.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds wise marqlvr. :)

buttercup

Rough_Rock
very smart marquiselover.
jan will probably be able to get a better price on the real thing anyway. please post pics (or ask Jan to) of your finished ring on DT when it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results