shape
carat
color
clarity

In need of immediate help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flnative

Rough_Rock
Hi -

I am about to take the plunge in just 2 short weeks, but have a few questions for all of you diamond experts.

Please excuse my ignorance, but do all H&A stones come w/ a AGS certificate or is a GIA acceptable? Are only AGS ideal H&A''s laser inscribed. Should I be wary of an H&A ideal (GIA) that is not laser inscribed?

Thank you

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
Hello FN,

My responses are between the lines.

On 9/16/2003 9:34:47 PM flnative wrote:

Hi -

I am about to take the plunge in just 2 short weeks, but have a few questions for all of you diamond experts.

Please excuse my ignorance, but do all H&A stones come w/ a AGS certificate or is a GIA acceptable?

Yes. GIA Lab Reports are VERY acceptable. One shortcoming of the GIA Report is that it doesn't list the diamonds proportions so you'd need to see some "proof" as to the proportions of the diamond. This is provided with a Sarin Or MegaScope analysis if your dealer has one. Many excellent H&A diamonds are accompanied with GIA report. Keep in mind however that GIA nor AGS grades optical symmetry (which has to do with the H&A phenomena).

Are only AGS ideal H&A's laser inscribed.

No. Many diamonds are laser inscribed that are not H&A nor ideal.

Should I be wary of an H&A ideal (GIA) that is not laser inscribed?

Not at all. As long as photographic evidence can be provided as to the actual optical symmetry of the stone proving it to indeed be an H&A.

Thank you
----------------

Kind regards,

Rhino

flnative

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I have viewed several diamonds online from different companies and know that there are several stores in my area that offer these type of stones. I am not sure if I would get a better deal over the web. The sites that I have seen offer some info and on paper they look good. I just think that I would be more comfortable dealing with someone directly and not just looking at numbers on my computer screen.

Do you think that it is worth the money for a h&a if the stone is under a ct? Someone in a jeweler store last week told me that anything uner a ct cannot be laser inscribed (h&s or no h&a)becasue it is too small and would damage the stone. They also said not to buy a stone that does not come with AGS papers.

Then again, I know not to believe everything I hear. Are these statements correct?

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
My stone is .7 and it is laser inscribed. The GOG website will show pictures of the laser inscriptions on their stones, and there is one right now that is .41 carats. The salesperson is either misinformed or trying to misinform you.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hey FN,

----------------
On 9/16/2003 10:10:12 PM flnative wrote:

Thank you. I have viewed several diamonds online from different companies and know that there are several stores in my area that offer these type of stones. I am not sure if I would get a better deal over the web.

Get prices locally and compare those to some of us who do sell H&A's online. There are some stores that are competitive.

The sites that I have seen offer some info and on paper they look good. I just think that I would be more comfortable dealing with someone directly and not just looking at numbers on my computer screen.

If you do some homework you'll find there are online vendors who provide much more than numbers to view online. As a matter of fact when you realize that value in diamonds is determined in the critical analysis you'll find that you'll be able to actually view more critical information on any particular diamond online than you can in most local jewelry stores. This information goes way beyond the set of numbers you'll see on a GIA, AGS or Sarin report.

Do you think that it is worth the money for a h&a if the stone is under a ct?

YES!!!! Would you believe me if I told you that you could visibly see the difference between a .50ct and a 1ct and the .50ct blow the 1ct away? The beauty of a diamond has absolutely nothing to do with it's size.

Someone in a jeweler store last week told me that anything uner a ct cannot be laser inscribed (h&s or no h&a)becasue it is too small and would damage the stone.

I can point you to approx. 200 examples proving that to be totally false.

They also said not to buy a stone that does not come with AGS papers.

Ahem... ridiculous information. While AGS is one of the most respected reports it is not the only respected lab. Did you know AGS was founded by the same person who founded GIA?

Then again, I know not to believe everything I hear. Are these statements correct?

Just the opposite FN. If this is the place you're considering getting your diamond from INSIST ON A FULL MONTH REFUND policy and PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF that what you're purchasing truly is an H&A. Then compare that with what you can get online. If they're offering you a fair deal (and there is also a certain value in face to face service too I know) then buy locally. But if you do purchase locally DEFINETELY explore more options besides this place you've been to. All the information they've given you thus far is bogus.

Regards,

Rhino

----------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results