shape
carat
color
clarity

In need of a new perfume...what''s your favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I need a pick me up, something to get ready for springtime, I''m done with the snow and ice and having my kids home for snow day!! I have plenty of cloths, can''t buy any new shoes due to my mutilated ankle, so I thought about a new perfume.

What is your favorite?

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Fun! I love Acqua di Gio by Armani (and the guy version is awesome too) and DKNY''s Be Delicious in Green

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Flowerbomb! Sweet and sensuous.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 4:39:24 PM
Author:Girlrocks
I need a pick me up, something to get ready for springtime, I'm done with the snow and ice and having my kids home for snow day!! I have plenty of cloths, can't buy any new shoes due to my mutilated ankle, so I thought about a new perfume.

What is your favorite?
Oh goodness, I am going to catch it from Ellen if I even try to answer that question.....
32.gif
Perfume is another of my * cough* obsessions.....

Ok here are my three current faves - Teint de Neige by Lorenzo Villoresi, very powdery with sweet cherry and almond.

Chanel No 22, powdery incense, available from Chanel Boutiques only.

Lipstick Rose by Frederick Malle, smells like a waxy old fashioned lipstick - literally!

Some suggestions for spring by Christian Dior, Diorissimo if you like lily of the valley, Diorella - peachy, floral, citrus.

Fleurissimo by Creed.

Coco Mademoiselle is easy to get and pleasant for spring, floral patchouli.

Hermes Kelly Caleche - soft leathery floral

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Chanel Chance! It''s my favorite floral scented perfume.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Prada Infusion D''Iris. Smells like iris, bergamot, and wood. Very soft and great for everyday, but very sensuous as well. I get a lot of compliments from men on this fragrance, because it''s not "too perfumey", very understated. When my husband got it for me, it could only be found at Saks, Neiman and Nordstrom, so I don''t know if it can be found at Sephora or Macy''s or any of the other mainstream stores yet.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been layering Jo Malone Orange Blossom and French Lime Blossom colognes - both are floral but one is more "green" (the French Lime) - I love the combo!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 4:44:13 PM
Author: Lorelei

I need a pick me up, something to get ready for springtime, I''m done with the snow and ice and having my kids home for snow day!! I have plenty of cloths, can''t buy any new shoes due to my mutilated ankle, so I thought about a new perfume.

What is your favorite?
Oh goodness, I am going to catch it from Ellen if I even try to answer that question.....
32.gif

Ok here are my three current faves - Teint de Neige by Lorenzo Villoresi, very powdery with sweet cherry and almond.

Lipstick Rose by Frederick Malle, smells like a waxy old fashioned lipstick - literally!

Some suggestions for spring by Christian Dior, Diorissimo if you like lily of the valley, Diorella - peachy, floral, citrus.

Fleurissimo by Creed.

Your post made me laugh as I''ve been meaning to try Lipstick Rose ever since I got a whiff of it on someone visiting. Can''t find it anywhere on this side of the Atlantic though.

This week I''ve been obsessing with Encre Noir by Lalique. Can''t describe what it smells like, it''s an odd one me and I think it''s kind of peppery, maybe? Lorelie, if you haven''t smelled it yet, try to find it.

Girlocks- For the spring (and i can almost kill myself for saying this) i still love D&G''s Light Blue. I know everyone wears it but I still think it''s a lovely fragrance.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ralph Lauren Romance and J''Adore Dior.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Bulgari Omnia is my favorite department store perfume. It has a really non-typical smell, I believe it's technically an oriental but it isn't as heavy as most out there... I think some of the notes are tea, cardamom, white chocolate, and pepper if I am remembering right. Yet it isn't super foody, or deadly sweet or anything. It's an easy one for non-perfume fans to like- everytime I wear it my sister asks "What's that wonderful perfume?" It's also one that men like too... sometimes too much
38.gif
It was what I was wearing when a (freaky male) customer said "I'm going to leap over the counter and ravish you, you smell so good!" Oh the horror! It took months for me to stand to wear it again.

I also wear Aquolina's Pink Sugar if I'm feeling in the right mood. It's fun but very very ubergirly, and often a little much for me.

My husband filched my Bulgari Black, so it's his now... I draw the line at smelling the same. It's unisex and yummy, it reminds me of very soft incense.

I also wear a lot of perfume oils, from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Possets, primarily. I love many, many, many of the BPAL scents. Some of their non limited edition scents that are pretty yummy and not too odd or heavy are: Antique Lace (soft vanilla), Eat Me (it's an Alice in Wonderland reference, and it is DEAD sexy), Bliss (mmm melted chocolate), Obatala (truly an amazing perfume, very unique and light, perhaps my favorite of this group). They do samples of those too, which is great. Bottles aren't too expensive usually either.

Possets, also a small perfume oil company, does amazing scents. Really ANYTHING they have is wearable, I've found. BPAL can be very hit or miss- they make some very out-there stuff, but what I like I love. Possets, on the other hand, about 99.9% of it is absolutely gorgeous, and the ones I don't love I can enjoy in a "hmm, this would smell lovely on someone else" sort of way. They're very reasonable too, and have samples galore.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Pure White Linen by Estee Lauder. Something about my chemistry makes it smell amazing on me.
9.gif
Men, that I don''t even know, are constantly telling me how great I smell!
31.gif
My husband loves it (late at night) when it''s so subtle he can only smell it when he gets close.
2.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Burberry London. It''s a great winter perfume. It must mix well with my body chemistry because I absolutely adore it. I really am super picky on perfumes and can look for an hour and not find anything I like. Once I smelled this at the store, I had to go back later and get it. It''s that awesome!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only wear 100% natural perfumes so ....
9.gif
9.gif

aroma de phart

pull my finger!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 7:06:56 PM
Author: strmrdr
9.gif
9.gif

aroma de phart

pull my finger!!!!
How am I NOT surprised.
11.gif

I will say this, I bet DF knows his floral notes!!! Right DF???
2.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
Bobbi Brown Beach. It literally smells like sunscreen and sand and ocean. I love it in the winter because it make me smell like summer! My husband despises perfumes (which stinks because fragrances are an obsession of mine and they all seem to give him a headache) and he loves Beach.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Currently I wear Armani Code and love it. I am also a fan of Philosophy''s perfume. They all smell good! Amazing Grace, Pure Grace and Inner Grace. Its nice to layer them with their moisturize. Whenever I wear that I get so my compliments!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/4/2009 4:52:55 PM
Author: vespergirl
Prada Infusion D''Iris. Smells like iris, bergamot, and wood. Very soft and great for everyday, but very sensuous as well. I get a lot of compliments from men on this fragrance, because it''s not ''too perfumey'', very understated. When my husband got it for me, it could only be found at Saks, Neiman and Nordstrom, so I don''t know if it can be found at Sephora or Macy''s or any of the other mainstream stores yet.

I wear this everyday
1.gif
You have great taste vesper!

When I first tried it on at the store, I could not get the yummy smell out of my mind for the next 2 weeks (ok, I sound crazy, lol). And I usually don''t even like perfume!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy do I second the Prada Iris...I LOVE it. Love it. Just got it last week. I want the lotion for V-day...so happy to find one I love after my Ralph Lauren Blue was discontinued...

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
DKNY Be Delicious. The original green one. It smells so fresh and apple-y. I love it!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hypnose by Lancome is what I usually wear
Paris by YSL is a longtime favorite and I am always complimented on it
Chloe

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 7:06:56 PM
Author: strmrdr
9.gif
9.gif

aroma de phart

pull my finger!!!!
Wheres that head smacking emotie when I need it?
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 6:07:15 PM
Author: elle_chris

Date: 2/4/2009 4:44:13 PM

What is your favorite?
32.gif

Fleurissimo by Creed.

Your post made me laugh as I''ve been meaning to try Lipstick Rose ever since I got a whiff of it on someone visiting. Can''t find it anywhere on this side of the Atlantic though.

This week I''ve been obsessing with Encre Noir by Lalique. Can''t describe what it smells like, it''s an odd one me and I think it''s kind of peppery, maybe? Lorelie, if you haven''t smelled it yet, try to find it.

Girlocks- For the spring (and i can almost kill myself for saying this) i still love D&G''s Light Blue. I know everyone wears it but I still think it''s a lovely fragrance.
I might have a solution for you with Lipstick Rose!

Try this website as they will ship internationally -

www.lessenteurs.com

I will definitely keep a lookout for Encre Noir - sounds gorgeous!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Sadly I''m allergic to most perfumes. Any help there?

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
L''artisan La Chasse Aux Papillons is what I love. Sometimes, rarely, I''ll wear Spring Flower by Creed. It does not surprise me to see such high quality boutique fragrances listed here.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything by Escada--Rockin'' Rio is a great one--they are always summery and fruity and remind me of warm weather and tropical vacations. Definitely good winter pick-me-up fragrances!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Sadly no. Alot of people are allergic to fragrance and they don't know it. Most derm perscribed products are fragrance free for a reason.

ETA...This was in response to Sharon...I guess I didn't hit quote.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that my favorite perfumes: I love Midnight Rain by La Prarie. My fiance got that one for me so I wear that most of the time. There is also a fragrance by Alora called Verde that works amazing for a light refreshing clean sent.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 9:17:18 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
Sadly no. Alot of people are allergic to fragrance and they don''t know it. Most derm perscribed products are fragrance free for a reason.

ETA...This was in response to Sharon...I guess I didn''t hit quote.
Ditto....The fragrance industry has been working on eliminating known allergens in perfumes as far as I know especially recently - one thing you could try if you are ok with scented lotions Deb ( if those don''t trigger anything) is to wear one of those as some of the higher end ones have a good amount of fragrance and longevity.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 9:25:48 AM

Date: 2/5/2009 9:17:18 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
Sadly no. Alot of people are allergic to fragrance and they don''t know it. Most derm perscribed products are fragrance free for a reason.

ETA...This was in response to Sharon...I guess I didn''t hit quote.
Ditto....The fragrance industry has been working on eliminating known allergens in perfumes as far as I know especially recently - one thing you could try if you are ok with scented lotions Deb ( if those don''t trigger anything) is to wear one of those as some of the higher end ones have a good amount of fragrance and longevity.
Ugh, unfortunatley there is a lot of problem with lotions too, not to mention shampoo, and soap. I''m sure there are some but it also helps to know what fragrances that you are allergic too. A good dermatologist should be able to help you with that. After working for a derm company for a long time one thing I realized is that just because its expensive doesn''t mean its better quality, sadly. That is a generalization however I''m not an expert in that area anymore and that is about all the help I can provide.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My favorite, everyday is Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture...

But, after reading the thread, I want to try the Beach by Bobbi Brown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results