shape
carat
color
clarity

In need of a new perfume...what''s your favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 7:04:42 PM
Author: diamondsrock
Burberry London. It''s a great winter perfume. It must mix well with my body chemistry because I absolutely adore it. I really am super picky on perfumes and can look for an hour and not find anything I like. Once I smelled this at the store, I had to go back later and get it. It''s that awesome!

YES! My sentiments exactly for this one - except I wear the original Burberry. I''ve been wearing it since early college I think? The smell is just so perfect for winter.

In my earlier post I suggested Chanel, but I should also mention that when it gets warm and summery, I switch to a perfume that doesn''t have as many notes - I''m a HUGE fan of the demeter fragrance library. I''ve been wearing fig in the summer for awhile, but my husband hates it, so I''ll probably switch it up this summer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 9:58:56 AM
Author: emeraldlover1

Date: 2/5/2009 9:25:48 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/5/2009 9:17:18 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
Sadly no. Alot of people are allergic to fragrance and they don''t know it. Most derm perscribed products are fragrance free for a reason.

ETA...This was in response to Sharon...I guess I didn''t hit quote.
Ditto....The fragrance industry has been working on eliminating known allergens in perfumes as far as I know especially recently - one thing you could try if you are ok with scented lotions Deb ( if those don''t trigger anything) is to wear one of those as some of the higher end ones have a good amount of fragrance and longevity.
Ugh, unfortunatley there is a lot of problem with lotions too, not to mention shampoo, and soap. I''m sure there are some but it also helps to know what fragrances that you are allergic too. A good dermatologist should be able to help you with that. After working for a derm company for a long time one thing I realized is that just because its expensive doesn''t mean its better quality, sadly. That is a generalization however I''m not an expert in that area anymore and that is about all the help I can provide.
Blast!! It must be miserable not being able to wear any fragranced products even....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Still love the White Jasmine and Mint from JoMalone. Bond NYC also. Carnal Flower is my all time fav, but not for the faint of heart!

cheers--Sharon

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to ditto the amazing grace and inner grace ones. I haven''t tried pure grace but maybe now I will. And I''m one of those that still loves the old Victoria''s Secret scents that have been out forever. Strawberries and Champagne smells SO good on me and lasts all day, as does the Pear Glace. And they had this temporary one called More Pink Please that I swear is a combination of the "fresh" pink one (can''t remember the exact name) and their amber romance scent. It is heavenly and perfect for springtime, although I don''t know if they still make it. And this is going to sound weird, but The Gap makes one called "grass" that does smell grassy but in such a good way and I really love it. I guess I''m more of a body splash type girl than a perfumey girl though. Cause I love Bath and Body works too. Sensual Amber, Japanese Cherry Blossom (AND the regualr cherry blossom) and Black Amethyst are ones I get compliments on all the time. I guess I love scented stuff that includes everything, I actually use the body washes, lotions and sprays.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ll put in another vote for Chanel Chance. I just got this for Christmas and it is TO DIE FOR. I wear it when I want to feel bouncy and smell sweet! It''s not TOO sweet... it''s just right.

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Lotions don''t bother me as much. My allergy is getting worse as I get older, but I can still wear some perfumes as long as I spray it low on me (meaning no neck area.)

Nice to hear the industry is working on this. I''m soooo sensitive to some smells. Honestly, I can walk by an Estee Lauder counter and THEIR smell gets me everytime. IT is in every one of their perfume and it just permeates the air and makes me sneeze immediately. I can smell "IT" but I don''t know what "IT" is!

I''ll try the lotions.

BTW - Tova by Tova has a clean wondeful scent. I can''t wear it anymore - but I had complete strangers stop me and ask me what the wonderful smell was when I could wear it.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:39:05 PM
Author: shimmer

Date: 2/4/2009 4:52:55 PM
Author: vespergirl
Prada Infusion D''Iris. Smells like iris, bergamot, and wood. Very soft and great for everyday, but very sensuous as well. I get a lot of compliments from men on this fragrance, because it''s not ''too perfumey'', very understated. When my husband got it for me, it could only be found at Saks, Neiman and Nordstrom, so I don''t know if it can be found at Sephora or Macy''s or any of the other mainstream stores yet.

I wear this everyday
1.gif
You have great taste vesper!

When I first tried it on at the store, I could not get the yummy smell out of my mind for the next 2 weeks (ok, I sound crazy, lol). And I usually don''t even like perfume!
You have some great taste yourself!
emteeth.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is Gucci Envy Me

(oh and the cheapo Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar
3.gif
)

I just love going to the Nordstrom perfume counter to have a huge sniff fest!! I''m reallly picky with scents.
If I find one I like I usually try it on and wear it for the rest of the day. Then I''ll just keep getting whiffs of it and I''ll know if I can''t stand it or if I MUST go back and buy it!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 7:44:53 AM

Date: 2/4/2009 6:07:15 PM
Author: elle_chris

Date: 2/4/2009 4:44:13 PM

!
Your post made me laugh as I''ve been meaning to try Lipstick Rose ever since I got a whiff of it on someone visiting. Can''t find it anywhere on this side of the Atlantic though.

This week I''ve been obsessing with Encre Noir by Lalique. Can''t describe what it smells like, it''s an odd one me and I think it''s kind of peppery, maybe? Lorelie, if you haven''t smelled it yet, try to find it.

Girlocks- For the spring (and i can almost kill myself for saying this) i still love D&G''s Light Blue. I know everyone wears it but I still think it''s a lovely fragrance.
I might have a solution for you with Lipstick Rose!

Try this website as they will ship internationally -

www.lessenteurs.com

I will definitely keep a lookout for Encre Noir - sounds gorgeous!
Thanks, will check out that site!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Calyx by Prescriptives!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh goodness, I am going to catch it from Ellen if I even try to answer that question.....
32.gif
Perfume is another of my * cough* obsessions.....

Ok here are my three current faves - Teint de Neige by Lorenzo Villoresi, very powdery with sweet cherry and almond.

Chanel No 22, powdery incense, available from Chanel Boutiques only.

Lipstick Rose by Frederick Malle, smells like a waxy old fashioned lipstick - literally!

Some suggestions for spring by Christian Dior, Diorissimo if you like lily of the valley, Diorella - peachy, floral, citrus.

Fleurissimo by Creed.

Coco Mademoiselle is easy to get and pleasant for spring, floral patchouli.

Hermes Kelly Caleche - soft leathery floral
I'd*cough*say so.
9.gif

For summer, Casual by Paul Sebastian. And not to be outdone by my British friend, a brief description.
25.gif

"Launched by the design house of paul sebastian in 1995, casual is classified as a refreshing, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of fruity glow blended with jasmine and roses"

Very clean smelling, and it gets compliments from both sides.
5.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 4:32:54 PM
Author: Namaste
My favorite is Gucci Envy Me

(oh and the cheapo Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar
3.gif
)

I just love going to the Nordstrom perfume counter to have a huge sniff fest!! I''m reallly picky with scents.
If I find one I like I usually try it on and wear it for the rest of the day. Then I''ll just keep getting whiffs of it and I''ll know if I can''t stand it or if I MUST go back and buy it!!
I think this is what I am going to do this weekend! Thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 7:06:56 PM
Author: strmrdr
I only wear 100% natural perfumes so ....
9.gif
9.gif

aroma de phart

pull my finger!!!!
stormy
now i know why my computer screen smell so bad everytime when i click on one of your post.
14.gif
computer5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 7:52:32 PM
Author: Ellen

Oh goodness, I am going to catch it from Ellen if I even try to answer that question.....
32.gif
Perfume is another of my * cough* obsessions.....

Ok here are my three current faves - Teint de Neige by Lorenzo Villoresi, very powdery with sweet cherry and almond.

Chanel No 22, powdery incense, available from Chanel Boutiques only.

Lipstick Rose by Frederick Malle, smells like a waxy old fashioned lipstick - literally!

Some suggestions for spring by Christian Dior, Diorissimo if you like lily of the valley, Diorella - peachy, floral, citrus.

Fleurissimo by Creed.

Coco Mademoiselle is easy to get and pleasant for spring, floral patchouli.

Hermes Kelly Caleche - soft leathery floral
I''d*cough*say so.
9.gif

For summer, Casual by Paul Sebastian. And not to be outdone by my British friend, a brief description.
25.gif

''Launched by the design house of paul sebastian in 1995, casual is classified as a refreshing, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of fruity glow blended with jasmine and roses''

Very clean smelling, and it gets compliments from both sides.
5.gif
face20.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Vanilla scents! ha, Namaste I should have dittoed you; I think Gucci Envy Me is yummy too!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My all-time favorite is Scent of Peace by Bond no.9. Once I tried it, nothing else will do. Too bad it's over $120/bottle... so, since nothing else will do, I've been going perfumeless since last September (when my SOP bottle ran out).

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Isabella Rossellini Manifesto is my favorite, and Ferragamo F for Fascinating is a close second.

Girlrocks, if you're going to do a sniff fest, bring along a small container of coffee beans and sniff them in between scents. It somehow clears your nose, so lingering scents don't mix with the next ones you squirt!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been in a Jo Malone mood lately. DH got me Tuberrose as a pressie. I love it. I also have samples of Pomegranate Noir and Gardenia. I love them both, too! The Pomegranate layers well with either floral fragrance. On a cheaper note, I have a mild obsession with Dove soap on the whole. Now they have a new fragrance, Lemongrass and Grapefruit. I happen to adore the way it smells.

I also love my old standby, Chanel No. 5.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results