shape
carat
color
clarity

In loving memory of my grandfather : which piece ?

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
He raised me and I would like something in rose gold that I won't change my mind about in 10 or 30 yrs (I am 30), that I can wear often, and that has a special meaning for us.

I am thinking of the olive leaf rose gold bracelet from Tiffany : olive trees represent a significant part of our culture
Or a tiny (I like dainty) sapphire ring with diamonds, as we used to look at the stars together in the evenings

What do you think ? Do you have any other suggestions (no hearts though) ? any opinion would be very welcome

Here is a picture sent by a SA of the bracelet, and a link to the ring + picture

Attachments

• tempImageGXBh8s.png
    tempImageGXBh8s.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 38083B66-59DC-4CD5-87C2-47AFCC243959.png
    38083B66-59DC-4CD5-87C2-47AFCC243959.png
    523.7 KB · Views: 16

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
The bracelet is lovely, but the ring feels more timeless to me.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that if you want something that you will still wear in 30 years, I'd pick the ring. As the circumstances of your life change, wearing a bracelet with a thin chain may not be practical. But go with what you love the most since you want it to be for a lifetime. No choice can be wrong. I still love some of the jewelry I purchased 30 years ago, even though it might not be what I would look for today.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
He raised me and I would like something in rose gold that I won't change my mind about in 10 or 30 yrs (I am 30), that I can wear often, and that has a special meaning for us.

I am thinking of the olive leaf rose gold bracelet from Tiffany : olive trees represent a significant part of our culture
Or a tiny (I like dainty) sapphire ring with diamonds, as we used to look at the stars together in the evenings

What do you think ? Do you have any other suggestions (no hearts though) ? any opinion would be very welcome

Here is a picture sent by a SA of the bracelet, and a link to the ring + picture

what a lovelly idea
i do love the braclete but id be worried id lose it
i think a ring would get more wear and i love that you star gazed with you grandad

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sending hugs. its hard to lose a beloved family member, especially one fundamental in your life.
Love the concept of the bracelet but I’d be worried about “snagging” it on things. It happens.
Love the ring, that is a true timeless design, simple and elegant. I’d buy the ring.

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your kind replies.
Yes I am leaning towards the ring, it is very delicate and I like the sweet memories it will hold

TwinkleT

Rough_Rock
Trade
I also think the ring would be a more timeless choice, suiting future changes in lifestyle etc.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Both are lovely. I'm leaning more towards the ring as well, as personally I do find rings to be the most meaningful when it comes to meaningful jewellery, they just feel closer to the heart and more personal somehow (I guess there's a reason the Georgians and Victorians loved their mourning and hidden message rings). And yes I agree that the sapphire ring is such an elegant design, I bet you'd find it easy to wear and combine with other jewellery pieces, should you choose it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind replies.
Yes I am leaning towards the ring, it is very delicate and I like the sweet memories it will hold

can you get the ring now

and get the bangle latter on
just use the bangle for occasional wear

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to be an outlier here - I think the bracelet is gorgeous and whimsical, while being simple enough to work for everyday wear. I don't see that there is anything special about the ring; it doesn't remind me of stars, and the spacing of the diamonds is a trendy rather than timeless look. Between the two, 100% the bracelet. If you have your heart set on a ring, I would keep looking.

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your kind replies.

Since it is also a symbol of life, I have decided that my new rose gold mini Tiffany bean is going to be my memory of a beautiful life, that I can hopefully pass on to my daughter one day. It seems to be a timeless design that has gone through decades.

I still hope to purchase the bracelet one day, and maybe design my own sapphire and diamond ring in memory of stargazing...

tempImageAXFBsA.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a very cheap dainty blue sapphire star ring to hold you over! starring.jpg

You may also want to look into star sapphires!

im not into minimalism but that is such a darling
and if its solid, that's a great little price

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Here is my tiny bean layered with my tiny diamond =)2 . Although I really like the look of it on its own 4A48E669-45DF-41F0-9CDD-2CF28C3F451C_4_5005_c.jpeg
I feel really at peace wearing it and am happy with my decision.

Attachments

• tempImageqe03dJ.png
    tempImageqe03dJ.png
    569.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
I ended up also finding a very simple stargazing piece : platinum bezel sapphire studs :) they are a beautiful in my eyes midnight blue that doesn't really show up well on the picture tempImagemPWFtF.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results