shape
carat
color
clarity

In love with this Tacori setting...but not the price!

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Ok, after searching the internet for too long I’ve found the perfect setting for my 3.2ct stone. It’s in the Tacori RoyalT collection ....but it’s $8,000 plus tax which is not going to fly....we’re thinking more like $2500 for the setting. Is there anyone who makes something like this that’s not branded? Or a skilled jeweler who could emulate this style? It makes me drool.... Shown in the photos with a center stone with the same dimensions as mine (confirmed by Tacori).

4515B197-F728-4353-9F50-CF32C69E933E.jpeg 67CFA67E-EF38-4BEF-8EC5-4CC5FD59CB3D.jpeg
47712C35-C02A-4D99-AE4B-9FAD6C9A8E7B.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That is a lot of pave to get right. Also, that's quite a bit of engraving. David Klass has access to a few different benches, but you would want his top bench for a design like that. I still think it would be more than your budget though. If you want to setting with that much pave and detail, I think it is going to cost in excess of $3,000 easily.

As a practicality issue, that setting is not going to be one that mixes with a band well. I would also definitely encourage you to try it on or something that's very similar, because I don't think it looks like it would be very comfortable between the fingers.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Something like this is in your budget for a three sided pave shank ring.

or this:

Saw this, but it is sold and likely wrong size.

But, you can look at that maker. I think the construction looks like an accident waiting to happen though in the linked ring. Maybe they could make something sturdier. The pre-loved price wasn't terrible, but I know nothing of the quality of the vendor. But it may be closer to your budget.

Last edited:

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I'm pretty sure I tried on this exact Tacori setting a couple years ago. I absolutely loved it, too.

If I recall correctly (and it is the same setting), it had over a carat of diamonds in the setting. I think with that huge number of stones the price is going to be high even without the brand name. I dont know that you'll be able to get it down to $2500.

Perhaps take it as an inspiration pic to trusted jewellers and see what they say.

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
The setting looks gorgeous. I have never tried rings with a lot of paved stones throughout the band. My concern is how comfortable it will be and it could be hard to clean them. I have a pendant full of paved stones. The first time I used an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner machine, I lost two stones...

Last edited:

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
I'm pretty sure I tried on this exact Tacori setting a couple years ago. I absolutely loved it, too.

If I recall correctly (and it is the same setting), it had over a carat of diamonds in the setting. I think with that huge number of stones the price is going to be high even without the brand name. I dont know that you'll be able to get it down to $2500.

Perhaps take it as an inspiration pic to trusted jewellers and see what they say.

This one has .81 carats according to Tacori rep. I was originally planning a pave band with 5ct diamonds. I have an estimate from our jeweler well under our price-point for that ring to be custom made. I don’t think my jeweler would be able to do something as detailed as this, though.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
I got a custom engagement ring made based off of the Tacori RoyalT collection. Was made out of NYC with just over 1 ctw of pave. Price was around 3000 hope this helps. 20200525_040530.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tacori rings tend to look heavy, or thick with an emphasis on bold millegrain. They definitely have a distinctive look and you can see that many very happy customers love them. Using more than a minimum of metal makes them relatively durable which is a good attribute. The image above of the ring that was made in the style of a Tacori looks a lot lighter and thinner, but does have a somewhat same look to it. No doubt, if you live near a large jewelry center such as LA or NYC you can have someone make you a far less costly "version" of a Tacori item, but it won't have an identical presence. It might look great but it will not have every characteristic of the genuine branded article. However, the price may be very close to your budget and not triple the budget.

You won't be able to make an after-market duplicate at $2,500 for a genuine $8,000 Tacori ring. If you are realistic and not totally fixed on every minute detail, a modified, near copy, may work exactly right for you.

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
I got a custom engagement ring made based off of the Tacori RoyalT collection. Was made out of NYC with just over 1 ctw of pave. Price was around 3000 hope this helps. 20200525_040530.jpg

That looks really nice! Do you have any additional photos of your ring? I’d love to see them! :)

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
I think I have this same setting, but customized to a six prong. The detail is exquisite. I don’t think you’d be able to find comparable custom work at 2500. 0B859761-15D7-4789-80CF-5A872A9CDB8B.jpeg

This is soooo beautiful!! Do you have any additional photos you can share from different angles and on the hand?

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gemly! I see you found my tacori thread! Do those pics suffice? Happy to post if you’d like more!
So you might know I switched it to a plain solitaire, but with that said, that Tacori setting is one of the most perfect pieces i’ve ever seen. It was a little overwhelming for my simpler style, but if it’s all you, maybe you could find a way to make it work? Wait on the high carat eternity band? I didn’t pay full retail, did you ask your jeweler if he can do better on price? Perhaps have it done in 18k vs plat?
And before you make any decision please try the sample ring on with different wedding bands. You might find you want the engagement ring to be the star of the show! I had a hard time finding the right band.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
David Klass made my wedding band based off of a tacori style I liked. I would've gone with tacori but the height of the band did not sit right with my verragio ering. He made the band with an almost same design (it was very, very close, not identical, but close) and it sits perfectly with the height of my ering.

The tacori band I was looking at was around 5k in platinum, David's price was a bit lower (my design is simpler than yours but well over 2.5k). But I also echo everyone else that you would be hard pressed to find someone to do that for less than 3.

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Figured I'd post a picture of the band.

20200424_143615.jpg

That is beautiful! Thanks! I was actually checking David Klass’s stuff earlier today. He does great work!

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gemly! I see you found my tacori thread! Do those pics suffice? Happy to post if you’d like more!
So you might know I switched it to a plain solitaire, but with that said, that Tacori setting is one of the most perfect pieces i’ve ever seen. It was a little overwhelming for my simpler style, but if it’s all you, maybe you could find a way to make it work? Wait on the high carat eternity band? I didn’t pay full retail, did you ask your jeweler if he can do better on price? Perhaps have it done in 18k vs plat?
And before you make any decision please try the sample ring on with different wedding bands. You might find you want the engagement ring to be the star of the show! I had a hard time finding the right band.

Thanks!! The pictures from your thread were great. It’s such a gorgeous ring but I can see how it would be difficult to pair with a band. Thank you for the advise! ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results