shape
carat
color
clarity

in love, but unsure!!??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/3/2004 10:27:37 PM abbymax825 wrote:

I agree, the H/SI is probably a better option RIGHT NOW. ----------------

Oh, time zones... I did not get your post earlier, but now there is more "background" on the thread, so much for the better!

Yes, if size is key and time is not, than I have to agree with you that some more hunting may be worth it. Just make sure that the respective 0.2mm has any meaning to your eyes (as I usually say, comparing the looks for the two close sizes on the finger rather than the stones side-by-side is the way to go).

Of the two stones you picked, the H-Si2 has the advantage of being better described by a picture: inclusions are visible in pics. while subtle color shades are not. But K is a stretch for most posters here, so I would not keep at this idea any more.

So, the H is until present the winner: with size and appearance going for it. That picture is hugely magnified - so unless someone edited out inclusions by hand (which did not happen, as far as guess), no way it will look better than the real tiny thing. Also, it seems that even at 10X it takes three people to democratically doubt about the visual impact of that geological impediment. 10x magnification makes a button-sized thing into a saucer... c'mon, if this is not harsh judgment, I don't know what is.

Just one more Q: if size is of concern, than the stone you pick should not only have that extra 0.1 cts you are striving for, but also the most spread acceptable by the optics you desire... is it the case with this H-SI2?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Geez, I must be out of the loupe. What happened to the K color stone?

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
someone above asked what picture I wanted or was asking about. I was asking for a picture to be taken of the I1 that pq posted a link to in a post on the first page. Ok, after reading you last few posts, .1 or .2 is kinda dumb huh? Will there really be a visable size difference...no probably not. Johnathan emailed me a picture of their 1.37 K VS2 and their 1.32 I SI1 and I see no discernable size difference and only a slight color difference face up, is that normal? Or do I just not know what I am looking at, again, like I didn't know what I was looking at in the I1stone with the uniform inclusions.
Valeria...what do you mean by spread? and does the HSI2 have it, does it?? When speaking of the inclusions on the h SI2, do you mean that the inclusions will be able to be seen, or that they look so much worse, especially with the back light, they you probably won't be able to see them. Really i am not worried about those inclusions, they said that it was eye clean, so it probably is.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Typically people don't see a difference in adjacent colors, G/H, H/I, etc. So the fact that you only saw a slight difference in I to K is not too unusual. And with only 0.05 carat weight difference, the fact that you saw no appreciable size difference is also not surprising.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results