shape
carat
color
clarity

In Love! 1.6c cushion in rose gold LM from OWD!

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
I thought I'd have to wait weeks, but it's on my finger!!!

I was initially looking for an AVC with GOG. Unfortunately communications and timings didn't align, and while my experience didn't end in a purchase this time I look forward to adopting an AVC in the future... :love:

Having fallen in love with antique and cushion cuts I embarked on a mass PS stalk for rose gold solitaries + antique cushions + ready to ship rings. Time did not allow for a custom setting (or even a loose stone to be set!).

Old World Diamonds had the perfect solution... a Leon Mege, 14k rose gold solitaire setting with double claws. And a 1.6ct antique cushion cut stone... it's graded L-M by EGL, and Adam estimates this to be an O-P should GIA ever assess the stone. (Full stats at the end of the post for those who'd like to know.)

The band is super fine, and you can barely see the prongs on the diamond at arms length. Amazing craftsmanship that I was never going to find in any local jeweller. (I have set reminders for 6 monthly prong checks... no loose diamonds here!)

And the proposal? He surprised me with a Sydney Harbour Bridge climb and proposed at the top - all caught on camera and video :appl:

(Photos to come when my computer stops being silly...!)

EGL diamond stats:
1.6CT Cushion Modified Brilliant
Clarity: VS2
Colour: K - L (Adam at OWD estimates O - P for GIA)
Flur: none
Size: 6.90 x 6.86 x 4.66 mm
Depth: 67.1%
Table: 50%
Crown & Pavilion: none
Girdle: slightly thick - think
Culet: large
Polish & Summetry: good

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone! You must post more handshots !

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
Thank you :)

Will find some nice lighting and get some good ones - the setting is so simple and fine, such a great example (I think, LOL) for those wanting a super fine solitaire setting :)

*Off to re-read the taking photos guide haha*

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty, please more pics!!! :love: Those prongs are TDF. :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recognize that gorgeous ring! It's just beautiful :love: Congratulations!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So lovely ! Congrats!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! :love: Congratulations! :clap:

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Oh I'm so happy to see this! This was my beloved ring, I ended up upgrading the stone and didn't want to separate it from the setting. I'm so glad they've stayed together, and that they will be cherished! :appl: It looks stunning on you, congratulations!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. :love: :love: :love:
So happy it stayed in the PS family too. :appl:

Wear in health and blingy happiness and please post lots more pics!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Congrats and wear your new ring in health and happiness!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it! Beautiful stone and ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations totallyfree. That is a beautiful ring, not to mention a perfect setting. I love Leon's double claw four prong. Perfectly proportioned elegant simplicity. It looks beautiful on you. And what a lovely place for a proposal. Congratulations to you and your fiance.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty. Both the cushion as well as the setting are stunning. Leon's claws are so delicate. Enjoy wearing your lovely ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beauty! Congratulations!!!

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is beautiful - congratulations!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! It's so perfect! What finger size? It looks so good!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: Those double claw prongs are unbelievably delicate!!! Looks great on you!! :clap:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And congratulations on your engagement! (I have climbed that bridge also, and couldn't imagine a more romantic spot for a proposal!)

Ksmom has such beautiful taste in jewellery, so I'm super excited another PS's got to take her old ring on a new journey :appl:

Lots of luck for a very happy future together!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!! Awesome news that you're engaged and what an engagement ring! :love: you must be absolutely thrilled - it's a beauty!! :appl:

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your very kind words! I have spent the week on cloud 99 :love:

And a special mention to ksmom, this ring was your vision and I am so so delighted to be able to continue wearing it in love and in happiness :appl: I won't try and recreate your images just yet, but I have stalked your previous thread and you have perfectly captured almost every angle I think! So for anyone wanting more details now.... head on over to her thread and have a look!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats beautiful setting & ring!!!!

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1480302337|4103039 said:
I have always loved that ring! Congratulations!

I don't know your ring size, but there is a gorgeous Van Craeynest rose gold wedding band for sale:

https://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/van-craeynest-18k-rose-gold-and-diamonds-flowers-and-leaves-band

I would have snapped that up immediately had it been the right size!

:lol: that's from KSmom as well - doesn't she have amazing taste! Will keep you all updated on the wedding band situation (after we decide on our wedding budget :???: )

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I love this ring :D I'm so happy it ended up with another PS'er. Enjoy it and please post hand-shots, hand-shots, hand-shots!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it is an absolutely gorgeous ring and looks so amazing on you! I'm very happy for you, congratulations! :love: :appl: :dance:

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all again for your lovely comments! I have been 'stalking' PS for about three years and many posters have been so (unknowingly) helpful, knowledgeable and patient. I have genuinely been blown away by how much effort and time you take to ensure people like me understand what we are buying, what our preferences are and who the best jewellers and retailers are for different products. So massive applause to anyone who has offered an opinion, a recommendation, shared their ring(s) and their own experiences. :clap:

Some quick detailed shots of the ring - love the low profile, the details of the claws on the underside and how fine the band is!

img_9461.jpg

img_9473.jpg

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am in love with this as well!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Ring! I am loving Rose Gold right now. Any jewelry in Rose Gold has my heart.
Congrats on a getting a gorgeous ring and wear it in good health.

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
Merry Christmas! I am away for a few days and finally have had time to get the camera out and take a few pics. :appl: (I will be picking up a macro lens in the boxing day sales...) I also think I need more minature perfumes or flowers or something as props haha

Continued shoutouts to ksmom who commissioned this beauty - heaps of compliments and comments on the craftsmanship (from my jewellery-loving friends). :saint:

So, noting that I haven't cleaned it recently (oops..... :cry: ), and it's a teensey tight for my finger.... photos!!

img_0268_1.jpg
img_0263_0.jpg
img_0267__2_.jpg
img_0270__2_.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results