shape
carat
color
clarity

In desperate need for help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brideblush

Rough_Rock
Hello PSers! I am in the process of buying an engagement ring on behalf of my brother. I ok''d the wax-up (it looked good) and went to go pick up the ring today. Unfortunately the platinum around the center princess diamond is very thick. I gave several pics of the ring that my brother wanted and the jeweler said he could easily make it. I would say the platinum is a good 1.5mm thicker than it should be. The ring is well made, but instead of looking delicate, it has a totally different look to it now. I asked if it was possible for them to take away the extra platinum, but the he said it''s not likely. He''s going to call me back today and tell me what is possible. He said it will be costly to start over. What are my options here?!! It''s not my fault if they placed too much platinum b/c I provided several photographs. I ok''d the wax up, but the platinum that enclosed the center diamond was not included. Please help! Will I have to pay for another ring setting? How much should I expect to pay? Thanks for your help!

pZALEBBB1-2225630dt.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how much are you saving by doing this instead of ordering a Ritani?

brideblush

Rough_Rock
i got the setting, wedding band, and .98 princess diamond for $6,000

brideblush

Rough_Rock
Update: the jeweler called back and said that he would not be able to cut the platinum. But he said that it was possible to add another row of diamonds. He wants me to come in tomorrow and show me exactly what he has in mind. Will they charge me for adding tiny diamonds to the setting? Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
19.gif
Thanks!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 8:06:03 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Oh, gosh, I don''t think adding another row of diamonds is a good idea at all. I''m thinking maybe they could add some milgrain to that bezel to make it appear less wide and shiny though. Let me look and see if I can find any.

If it makes you feel any better, the Ritani has a pretty wide bezel as well:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-princess-rings-with-micropave-halo.36971/=
I am w/ diamondseeker- They should be able to milgrain that bezel and it will make it seem more delicate.

Here is an example of what it could look like.

brideblush

Rough_Rock
This idea is genius! The main problem I have with the ring is it looks like there''s a dark thick outline around the center diamond. I really think milling could break up the light and not make it look so thick.
36.gif
Thank you guys SO much!!!
9.gif
I never would have thought about this in a million years!

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
There has got to be something that they can do. Did you already make payments? I noticed that Diamondseeker has a good idea.
Always learning something new every day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results