shape
carat
color
clarity

impulse buy - now I'm second guessing myself.....

caratsearcher

Rough_Rock
I posted on a couple of previous threads about my search for a squarish emerald cut diamond to surprise my wife with.

I had found a couple of options via James Allen and obtained ASETs - both of which were ok but neither was amazing. I was initially reassured by the "risk free retail" tag line on the JA website but as an international customer it turns out that if I have to return the diamond it will cost several hundred dollars for the insured shipping. :o I was also feeling pressurised to make a decision within 24 hours of seeing the ASET images for the first time, and I still had some reservations so in the end I didn't feel I could go with either of the JA options.

In the meantime I found this on the Ritani website, and purely on the basis of the video, photo and GIA cert have gone ahead and purchased it. :shock: Its a 1.14ct J VS1, with med blue fluorescence. I'm really hoping it doesn't show too much color - maybe the blue fluoro will help?. I was drawn by the shape, proportions and facet pattern which is similar to a couple of diamonds my wife has admired (a lot) in our local jeweller.

Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Fluorescence Medium
Table % 62%
Depth % 65.9%
Culet None
Girdle Thin to Medium
LxW Ratio 1.18
Measurements 6.52mm x 5.51mm x 3.63mm

Does it look OK?

The great thing with this Ritani diamond is that return international shipping is free if I don't like it when I see it in person so I don't feel quite so worried about making the purchase sight unseen. But it would still be reassuring to get feedback before it ships, especially because reclaiming the import taxes will still be a nightmare if I have to return it.

_34921.jpg

diamonddemon

Rough_Rock
I'm no expert but from that photo alone it looks great. I guess it all depends on the price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results