shape
carat
color
clarity

Importance of Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blackbird

Rough_Rock
To what extent is clarity important to the 1) appearance and 2) future value of a diamond. In general, I have been looking for the following:

round, ideal cut, 1.5 ct, color D-G, polish EX sym Ex to VG no florescence.

To my eye, the inclusions which are "visible" (SI1 or SI2) don't seem to effect the appearance of the diamond. So is the clarity grade strictly something that appraisers care about and thus affect the present and future value of the diamond?

Please know that I am strictly an amateur who is in the process of purchasing an engagement ring.

Thanks ahead of time, this is a great board and an excellent service!:bigsmile:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Clarity will affect the price and future resale value of the diamond (reselling will mean taking a hit on the value of any diamond), but not the beauty of the diamond unless the inclusions are visible to the naked eye and bother you. Some inclusions will also affect the durability of the stone. I would stay with a GIA or AGS graded SI1 (carefully selected) or better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results