shape
carat
color
clarity

Impatient One? Are You Out There? Has your ring been set "higher" yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Hey Impatient One,

Just wondering if you''ve received your new set back from Facets - with the new higher-set prongs? Is it all reset yet - and if so, are you happy with it? Do you have pics? I''d love to see!

My set re-do is SUPPOSEDLY due to be finished on Friday! I am nervous to see it again...but very anxious. Seems like the whole process has taken forever...

3 shebabes

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi 3shebabes! Well, you'll probaby get yours before I get mine! I ended up sending it back to Signed Pieces to do all the work since Jareds was giving me the runaround. I called this morning and they said they will be shipping out tomorrow if it passes Isaac's quality inspection
emteeth.gif
I sent detailed instructions with my ring as well as a couple of conversations with Isaac, so I have high hopes that it will be perfect when it comes back to me.

Since they are not shipping it out until tomorrow (Friday), I'm guessing I won't have it until Monday, but I am thinking of asking Isaac if I can just pay the extra to have it deleivered on Saturday. I have a big get-together with some friends on Sunday that I haven't seen in a while, and I feel naked with out my rings!!!

I agree, it does feel like it's taking forver! I'm getting alittle nervous, too, as my husband will be coming home next weekend for his R&R and I want the ring to be perfect! I will be so upset if it's not!!! I want my hubby to understand what I have been so excited about when he sees it, lol!

Be sure to post as soon as you get it, 3shebabes!!! I can't wait to see it!!!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Hey Impatient One -- still hoping you''ll see my post and update me on your Facets rings re-do in higher prongs. My rings came in today (instead of tomorrow) and I am now wishing I''d gone with Facets too....
face11.gif

As you may recall, the first attempt didn''t even resemble the pictures I''d given them to demonstrate the look I wanted...and this time, the head design definitely was much closer, but would you believe the head was way, way, way too small and my stone would not even fit in it? I took one look at it and said "That head is too small." Well-- their stone setter inspected it with my center stone and agreed and said that it wasn''t even close. He said the head would hold a stone about 3/4 carat smaller than my stone...not even close! What gives??

I promise this jeweler is THE jeweler in my area. They are not a cheesy chain store but an old family jeweler that is highly revered around here for their quality and service...but I gotta say....I AM NOT IMPRESSED!!

I''m not sure what happens next. They are going to call me about how long it will take to try again and all that. So far, I believe it has been 10 weeks and still no rings! I REALLY wish I could start over and go with Facets. Boo!!

Anyway - hope you see this and update me. Include pics if you have some!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Funny! I think we were typing away at the same time...glad you saw my post. Guess you just saw my yucky update! Hope your rings arrive lickety split so you can parade them around (but oh-so-subtly, of course) your get-together. I too have an event in about 10 days I wanted to wear mine to...again. But no such luck....

I bet you are SO excited to have your husband home soon!
emlove.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 3:09:47 PM
Author: 3shebabes
Hey Impatient One -- still hoping you'll see my post and update me on your Facets rings re-do in higher prongs. My rings came in today (instead of tomorrow) and I am now wishing I'd gone with Facets too....
face11.gif

As you may recall, the first attempt didn't even resemble the pictures I'd given them to demonstrate the look I wanted...and this time, the head design definitely was much closer, but would you believe the head was way, way, way too small and my stone would not even fit in it? I took one look at it and said 'That head is too small.' Well-- their stone setter inspected it with my center stone and agreed and said that it wasn't even close. He said the head would hold a stone about 3/4 carat smaller than my stone...not even close! What gives??

I promise this jeweler is THE jeweler in my area. They are not a cheesy chain store but an old family jeweler that is highly revered around here for their quality and service...but I gotta say....I AM NOT IMPRESSED!!

I'm not sure what happens next. They are going to call me about how long it will take to try again and all that. So far, I believe it has been 10 weeks and still no rings! I REALLY wish I could start over and go with Facets. Boo!!

Anyway - hope you see this and update me. Include pics if you have some!
Very seriously, after all these errors, can you not say, "I want my money back!!!"???

I would then start over with Maytal Hannah or Mark Morrell, both of whom would make beautiful custom settings. Oh, and Memoire would be the other option. I've never heard of theirs having rubbing problems.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i ditto diamondseeker 3shebabes. i would get a refund from your jeweler and just start over. she listed the same one''s i would. 10 weeks and not right??? that is just CRAZY!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, 3shebabes, I''m going to have to concur with the other ladies and say I think you should get your money back! If I recall correctly, you were pretty specific and went as far as bringing in actual pictures of what you were expecting. How could the jeweler still not get it???

I''m sure you''re frustrated beyond words
8.gif
Now I''m getting more nervous! I drew a picture for Isaac as to how I wanted to be able to see the culet. We talked about it on the phone as well. I sure hope he did a better job of listening than your jewler did!

I''ll be sure and post pics as soon as I get it!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
A brief update on my ring situation: Another local ring custom ring designer is going to complete the job. I liked the wedding band and the shared prong setting on the new e-ring, and I even liked the design of the new head -- but it was way too small. Very, very strange - as they had all my measurements, of course. The first head (with the weird looking design) was sized correctly to hold my stone -- and the 2nd attempt was much more on target design-wise, but sized for a much smaller stone. Anyway, the jeweler I used seemed perplexed as to why his custom people have been turning out oddly-done things lately -- and it seems it isn''t just my rings that haven''t gone well lately. Anyway -- my husband worked out the financial aspect of it (refund of some of the money - since the job isn''t complete - but I do like the wedding band and the shared prong setting, just need the head to be re-done...once more!) -- and we took the rings to another local person who is purely a custom ring designer. I visited him early on and considered using him but did not for various reasons - primarily financial. His quote seemed high -- but at this point, my husband wants it done well, so the cost isn''t as much of an issue it seems. He looked over the rings and said that the shared prong bands look well made -- but he felt he could definitely do a nicer head (from scratch) than what they did -- and one that just might accomodate my center diamond this time. That''d be nice! He told me that more standard work is usually well-handled by the first jeweler, but that he does not consider them to have a true custom department at all...they just tweak existing heads. He, on the other hand, stressed that he is 100% custom and he felt I''d be far happier with his work. He feels he can do it by the end of March. So -- here''s hoping.
Impatient One --hope you were able to finagle a way to get your hands on your rings this weekend - so as to show them off a little! Hope you have a wonderful time with your husband home. How long is his visit?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to read your update, 3sehbabes! The new jeweler sounds promising!

Unfortunately, my ring did not go out today and the jeweler was still working on it. Isaac is hoping to send it out Monday for a Tuesday delivery, so I contnue to wait! This sure is stressful, isn't it?! I had nightmares the other night about my rings coming back all 'jacked up"
emcry.gif
The only thing right about it was the head, lol! I'll be glad when this whole process is complete. I just wish I wold have though to ask Signed Pieces about the head when I first ordered the set! I also wish I would have had GOG send the stone over to SP or SP send the setting to GOG from the get go. Oh, well, lesson learned!

My hubby should be here next weekend. His R&R will last for 18 days before he heads back to the sand, then he'll have 8 more months before the deployment is over. Our anniversary is on the 26th, and he has the entire day planned out for us with pedicures, massages, shopping and dinner
30.gif

In the mean time I get to see my little grandson tomorrow! He and my d-i-l are flying in tomorrow for a couple of weeks while my son is off at training. She wanted to make sure they are there at the airport with me when my hubby lands. I just love that little boy and he is the spitting image of my son at that age!!!

Anyway, I hope to have my rings back Tuesday, so will try to post pics then!

Have a great weekend!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Impatient One, I hope you have a really wonderful visit with your hubby, grandson, and DIL! I know it makes you appreciate them all the more since they have been away!

3shebabes, I am happy to hear you are getting someone else to finish the rings! Hopefully this time they will be right. Just make absolutely sure the diamonds on one band cannot touch the other even when the bands move around. That is a problem we have seen on the forum before.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, DS! I'm looking forward to 18 full days with my hubby!!! And can't wait to see mt d-i-l and grandson as well!!!

I know this is totally off topic, but hey, I'm a proud grandma, so here's a couple of pics of the little cutie!

Lukah021a.JPG

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hey I know nothing about this thread but i have to say - he is gorgeous! SO cute!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 12:29:14 AM
Author: angeline
Hey I know nothing about this thread but i have to say - he is gorgeous! SO cute!

Thank you, Angeline! I think so too, but I''m just a little biased!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable and precious!!!
36.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Impatient One,

Your grandbaby is a beautiful boy...but you know that and that''s why you posted his picture!
emsmile.gif
And what a pretty close-up of his face! Name and age?

3shebabes

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you DS and 3shebabes!

His name is Lukah James and he is 6 months old. Actually, next week he'll be 7 months old. When I picked him and his mom up from the airport yesterday I was amazed at how much he had changed since the last time I saw him, which was only a month ago. He now has two teeth an sits up really well by himself. He broke into a big grin when he saw my daughter and me and kept looking at us like, "What the heck are you two crazy ladies so happy for?" They'll be coming over to spend the night on Friday night, so I'll get ot really spoil him then
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results