shape
carat
color
clarity

Imaginary Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
Thanks for you help on my last post. I took the results from my last post and used photoshop to create a setting that more closely represents what I am looking for.

Has anyone seen a setting like this somewhere? I know it is simple, but I can''t find one like it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

good_01.jpg

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know of another company like Stuller that has a massive catalog of settings?

Thanks.

justme

Shiny_Rock
If I'm looking right - what you did with photoshop was to make the setting platinum colored. Did you change anything else?

If not that ring is available in Plat. or white gold through Stuller.

If so what needs to be different?

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
Actually, I thinned the band out so that it isn't so wide relative to the diamond. My diamond is 6.3mm wide, so I would like the band to be about 7mm wide at it's thickest, and about 4mm under the finger.

Thanks.

original.jpg

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
If you can't find the exact setting that you want, you might consider having it custom made.

It's also possible that a jeweler could get the setting (the one that someone provided a pic of for you) and and shave a mm or so off each side of the band. I mention this because I just ordered a 3mm wedding band, and the jeweler is going to make it into a 2mm band. She said that it was a simple refinishing job, and will only cost me an extra $15 over the cost of the band.

Good luck!

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
Wow! I never would have thought of that.

Has anyone had this done? I'd also love any jeweler recommendations also.

Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a HUGE ring!!! :) Very stunning.

We are having our setting made..luckily it's through the same jeweler who we bought the stone from so he is handling everything. However, it seems as though the person doing the design and work for the setting is the same person that most of the jewelers in the small town of Aptos take their work to as well. So if you live in a smaller town, possibly call one of the more reputable smaller jewelers to find out who does their custom work, or try that a few times to see what types of names you get. Or if you have a recommendation to a jeweler, or have worked with one, try to get their recommendation on a designer.

If you don't mind working online, I think that tradeshop.com does custom settings, they have a huge viewable online database of custom work that they do at any given point in time. See what they would quote you. Since you already have the design in photoshop (NICE design by the way!), you are one step up from those of us who chicken scratch what we want onto a piece of 1-dimensional 8x11 paper.

Best of luck, hope this helps.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results