shape
carat
color
clarity

Images are in!! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jend

Rough_Rock
OK, my diamond has come in, and I'm going to try and attach the images - please please comment! I think this is the one! The price is about $8800 AUD or $7300 US

Shape : ROUND
Carat Weight : 1.30
Colour : H
Clarity : SI1
Cut : Excellent
Price : AUD$8981.38 (ex GST) or US$7,332.55
Certification : GIA
Polish : Excellent
Symmetry : Very Good
Measurements : 7.11x7.14x4.29
Fluorescence : None
Total Depth : 60.2 %
Table : 55 %
Crown Angle: 34.0
Pavillion Angle: 40.6
Girdle: Thin-Medium (faceted)

Ideal Scope:

GIA15686309-is.jpg

jend

Rough_Rock
Other pics:

GIA15686309-2.jpg

jend

Rough_Rock
Another one:

GIA15686309.jpg

jend

Rough_Rock
More:

GIA15686309-ft.jpg

jend

Rough_Rock
And the certificate:

jend

Rough_Rock
I'll try again with the cert:

Ah -it's too big a file! If you need more info from it, please let me know!

makes me just LOVE this diamond - but I NEED your honest judgement - what do you think??

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jen

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fabulous! Good choice!!!
36.gif

jend

Rough_Rock
Is there any reason why - when it got shipped to the vendor who does their own evaluation of the diamond - some of the things would change (diameter, angles, etc??) from the GIA certificate?

Thanks so much for the help! (And of course - should we keep it?!?
36.gif
21.gif
)

Cheers,
Jen

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 10:58:23 AM
Author: jend
Is there any reason why - when it got shipped to the vendor who does their own evaluation of the diamond - some of the things would change (diameter, angles, etc??) from the GIA certificate?

Thanks so much for the help! (And of course - should we keep it?!?
36.gif
21.gif
)

Cheers,
Jen
I''m not sure why they graded differently - I will let an expert answer that one.

However even if I use the second lot of stats it still comes out EX, EX, EX, EX on the HCA (Holloway Cut Advisor). If you haven''t seen this tool yet you can see it here:

http://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

Its very useful to help filter out less desirable diamonds
1.gif

jend

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much!!

I think this is a YES?!?

YAY!!
36.gif
36.gif

I''ve been looking for so so so long!! Very exciting to finally find one!

Next step will be trying to post the pics once it''s in my hands!

I''m so glad I found this forum, the info is absolutely amazing!!

And, anyone from Oz - would love to hear your opinions on jewellers!

Also - does anyone know if you can find a Memoire setting in Australia? I absolutely LOVE their single shared prong eternity ring, but I would like to try it on somewhere to make sure!! Everywhere I''ve been out here advises against such a ring - but I''m under the impression Memoire guarantees their rings and will replace any stones that fall out - is this true?

Getting SO excited!!
36.gif

Cheers,
Jen

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The DIY IS images look fine :)

Although I would be interested to see what the original IS inventor has to say about it.

I thought Jogia told me he was getting an OGI machine and not a SARIN but there is always some small variance involved as someone earlier posted.

Whereabouts in Australia are you (before I run through a list of jewellers)...

Garry Holloway''s Precious Metals in Melbourne has some nice work and a fantastic brochure which they''ll post out to you if you click on the link on their website at www.preciousmetals.com.au

jend

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 11:37:50 AM
Author: tanalasta

Although I would be interested to see what the original IS inventor has to say about it.

I thought Jogia told me he was getting an OGI machine and not a SARIN but there is always some small variance involved as someone earlier posted.

Whereabouts in Australia are you (before I run through a list of jewellers)...

Garry Holloway''s Precious Metals in Melbourne has some nice work and a fantastic brochure which they''ll post out to you if you click on the link on their website at www.preciousmetals.com.au

I''m in Melbourne! Thanks for the link!

Cheers,
Jen

jend

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 11:37:50 AM
Author: tanalasta

Hi,

What do you mean by DIY (do it yourself?) IS (ideal scope?) images? Would these come through differently than if done with an original IS?

Something I haven''t thought of!

Also - what would be the difference with an OGI machine?

Thanks so much for the help!!

Cheers,
Jen

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great to me!!! Numbers are fine, images are fine, and it has a nice spread to boot.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
There isn''t really much practical differences so hope I haven''t confused you.

The stone looks fine :)

There are jeweller stores aplenty in the CBD from Makers Mark to all the ones littered on Collins street.

But definitely have a look at GH''s website and store. I really liked some of his designs.

jend

Rough_Rock
Hi Tanalaste,

Do you live in Melbourne? We''re going to check out Precious Metals this weekend - but I was wondering - do you know a place in Oz where you can get the Memoire bands?

I absolutely love the single shared prong wedding band, and most of the jewellers in Melbourne don''t recommend that type of setting because it''s too fragile they say. This I do understand, but I also know Memoire guarantees their bands and will replace any stones that fall out. If you don''t know of anywhere in Oz that sells them, do you think Precious Metals or Makers Mark can make such a band with the same guarantees?

Also, I was in Hardy Brothers the other day - what do you think of them?

I will actually be going back to the USA for a couple weeks at the end of May/beginning of June, so I could try and get the Memoire band from my hometown, but I''d prefer a jeweller where I am located.

Thanks so much for your help!! I''m definitly new to Melbourne jeweller market!

Cheers,
Jen

jend

Rough_Rock
Ok, last chance for anyome to make an comments on the diamond - if there''s something wrong with it, PLEASE PLEASE tell me - if it''s perfect, that''s great to tell me too, it gives me the confidence!

I''m well aware you all know MUCH more than me!!

Thanks for the help!!

Cheers,
Jen

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great! Jump on it!

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results