shape
carat
color
clarity

Image and IS-report for stone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

william_v

Rough_Rock
I just recieved more detail for my stone and was wondering if anyone could helpo me understand the images and give their feedback.
Thanks

http://whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-66481.htm
Carat Weight: 2.01 Color: I Clarity: VS2 Depth%: 60.7 Table %: 57 Symmetry: EX Polish: EX Girdle: M- Culet: N Fluorescence: N Measurements: 8.17x8.21x4.97 Cut Grade: Ideal

is_gia14844092[1] (2).jpg

william_v

Rough_Rock
more pics

di40x_gia14844092[1] (4).jpg

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
IS looks fine - perhaps not as tight (I suspect) as it could be. The crown and pavillion angles are alright (perhaps pavillion angle 41 degrees average means the stone could be a little bit deep in places but the IS 'is' alright). And as mentioned below, the diamond has been brillianteered. Probably also why it was sent to the GIA.

Whiteflash have rated it 4-stars. Which means the stone is probably good enough if you don't want to pay for an ACA stone.

Crystal in the middle of the table (I can see it on the 40x magnification) but should be eye-clean in a VS2.

Do you really, really want to pay the premium for a 2Ct diamond? I suspect you can get a 1.xxCt ACA diamond for that price. But all-in-all not a bad buy :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks like a good deal for a 2 ct. stone. It has great proportions. I cannot explain "brillanteering of the half-facets" to you, but suffice it to say, there are people for and against that procedure and it gets argued on here from time to time. GIA marks a diamond as very good for cut instead of excellent if this is done to a particular degree. I think the idealscope picture looks good, so I think the diamond would be worth seeing. And if you see it and it''s beautiful, you don''t need to worry a bit about what others think of the cut issue.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It should be a beautiful stone.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/23/2007 7:23:30 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The stone looks like a good deal for a 2 ct. stone. It has great proportions. I cannot explain ''brillanteering of the half-facets'' to you, but suffice it to say, there are people for and against that procedure and it gets argued on here from time to time. GIA marks a diamond as very good for cut instead of excellent if this is done to a particular degree. I think the idealscope picture looks good, so I think the diamond would be worth seeing. And if you see it and it''s beautiful, you don''t need to worry a bit about what others think of the cut issue.
The brillianteering (painting) is not a problem - it should be very bright and firey.
The ideal-scope is excellent.
symmetr is superb

william_v

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your help. I think I am going ahead and purchasing it. Hopefully it will look as nice in person as on paper.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2007 10:29:05 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
This stone should be absolutely gorgeous.
yep

Its right at my cut-off point for painting the 8 dots are barely open.
It shouldnt be enough painting to make any large difference.

william_v

Rough_Rock
I order the diamond, now the waiting begins

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 7:42:19 PM
Author: william_v
congrates!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 7:42:19 PM
36.gif

Please come back and post pics if you can!

william_v

Rough_Rock
I got the diamond and it looks nice, BUT the Girdle is not POLISH. Is this something that is normal. I have seen other diamond with the gridle polish, but this one isn''t. Now I don''t know if I should sent it back?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is nothing wrong with a girdle that is not polished or faceted. diamonds in the ''near colorless'' range are not usually faceted. it''s not something to be worried about, certainly not worth sending it back. of course, if it really bothers you, that''s another story. you have to do what''s best for you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s quite normal, mine''s not polished either, and you couldn''t pry it off my finger.
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 4:33:41 PM
Author: Ellen
That''s quite normal, mine''s not polished either, and you couldn''t pry it off my finger.
2.gif
ellen, i''m starting to think we have the same stone

except yours is bigger
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 4:35:43 PM
Author: belle

except yours is bigger
20.gif
9.gif

Then I''d say we''re two very lucky goils.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your purchase, please come back with pics!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 4:38:26 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/27/2007 4:35:43 PM
Author: belle

except yours is bigger
20.gif
9.gif

Then I''d say we''re two very lucky goils.
2.gif
twue
2.gif

you have a very nice stone there william, i hope you won''t let that unpolished girdle bother you!

william_v

Rough_Rock
I really like the stone, but when I took it to the guy who is going to set it, he told me that the girdle was not polished. He also told me that the stone might be an old stone or that it ended up not polish due to weight. I was starting to get worried about my purchase. The stone shines really nice and does not look like an I.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I have an I with a bruted girdle also. I hear that''s common. No worries. Mine does not look like an I either.

Be sure and post pics.

shay

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 9:24:10 PM
I really like the stone, but when I took it to the guy who is going to set it, he told me that the girdle was not polished. He also told me that the stone might be an old stone or that it ended up not polish due to weight. I was starting to get worried about my purchase. The stone shines really nice and does not look like an I.
You can tell your setter that a polished girdle reflects light back into the diamond, which can entrap body color. The cutter left this girdle frosted to help it face-up more colorless. This is often the case with diamonds I-J and below.

william_v

Rough_Rock
Thanks John. I try to learn as much about diamonds as I could, but never really looked into the Girdle. All I knew is a want a med to SI.thick girdle. Today I learned the Girdle''s come polished and un-polished, which really can''t be seen until you get really close to the diamond.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto what John said, a frosty girdle is very common and actually recommended for stones in the near colorless range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results