shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m watching a piece of Ametrine on ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I am aware that most ametrine on ebay is VERY lab created. However! I found a piece that is little (only a couple carats) as opposed to the usual 30 carat slabs you normally find, and it is an actual rainbow. I thought ametrine, the real stuff anyway, is only purple and gold? Is it possible to get a real piece that''s a rainbow?

I''m probably going to get it anyway because it''s cheap and I am fully in love with it now, but I figured I''d ask
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would stay very clear of ametrine on ebay. 99% of it is synthetic, and what isn''t is treated to look bi-color.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:27:39 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I would stay very clear of ametrine on ebay. 99% of it is synthetic, and what isn''t is treated to look bi-color.

I don''t have a problem with it if it''s synthetic - I just wondered if it even came in that color range.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ametrine is a combination of amethyst and citrine (basically purple and a golden yellow).

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:35:50 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Ametrine is a combination of amethyst and citrine (basically purple and a golden yellow).

Ah ok, that''s kind of what I figured. Thanks!

I got outbid anyway
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results