shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm using Latisse, and it's working!

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I am just so excited about this and didn't know where else to share. So I normally have eyelashes so short I've never been able to curl them because I can't even get the eyelash curler to connect with my eyelashes! I've been using Latisse for 6 weeks and am starting to see noticeable results (noticeable to me, anyway). I am so excited! It takes 16 weeks to see the full effects, so it'll be Halloween before I see where I end up, but I'm already happy with the progress so far.

I'd show you pics but I haven't figured out a good way to take pictures of my own eyelashes.

That's all. Back to your regularly scheduled program...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I started really seeing a difference around 10 weeks. I have been using it since September 2010 and the length is where I saw the impact. I don't think it made my lashes thicker or darker, but they were definitely longer, and they hold a curl when I use an eyelash curler way better than when I didn't use Latisse.

One thing I have noticed really over the last two months is that the length is not as great as it was, so I am wondering if there's like a time where it just stops helping?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats great that you guys are seeing a difference! Have you noticed any change in eye-color?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I loved latisse for long lashes for the wedding. Remember - don't use on the bottom lashes, only the top!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1313702198|2993695 said:
Thats great that you guys are seeing a difference! Have you noticed any change in eye-color?
I have not. That was actually the reason I was nervous to try it.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
ame|1313702746|2993713 said:
tyty333|1313702198|2993695 said:
I have not. That was actually the reason I was nervous to try it.

I probably won't try this, but that's good to hear! It freaked me out when they mentioned the potential side effects on the commercials. I love my blue eyes, and I want to keep them! :)

I have really wanted to try this.

How do you even get a script for it?

My eyelashes grow longer on one side that the other, my hair is also thicker on one side of my head, than the other. No one else can tell, but I CAN. ::)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I've been intrigued for awhile. How much does it cost?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
--my eyes are an icy blue/green/gray something color. My brother and sister have more brown in theirs where I have little to none. THat was my biggest fear was that I'd start getting the brown. It so far has not happened and it's almost been a full year.

--I got my scrip from my dermatologist. She wrote it for a full year.

--If you go to their website you can get a $20 off coupon for your first scrip. I couldn't get it to work for me for a refill. I fill mine at CVS, it was I think $119 for a 3 month supply. And honestly, I don't use a fresh brush for each eye or even each day. My derm and my eye doctor both said that was overkill since you're applying to the skin not in the eye. Ill use one brush on both eyes for about 3 days before I toss it. That makes them last longer. You run out of those otherwise before the liquid.

I called four pharmacies, including Walmart which I don't ever patronize. Walmart was cheaper but she said they don't accept the coupon from Latisse. CVS and Walgreens were $4 apart, CVS was cheaper. Target didn't have it in stock but was slightly lower than CVS was. Other local ones didn't carry it.

I have been trying to blog about it for about a year. I need to post all the pics I've taken over the course of the year. I tried to do it every 4-8 weeks. I think I forgot for the last few months...But I can post a link to that review if anyone wants to see it, if that's within the rules of PS.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I've wanted to try Latisse, but I wear contacts that I take out only once a month. However, I order my Retin A creams from an online Indian pharmacy (super cheap). They have generic Latisse for around $11 a bottle - I've been so tempted, but my contacts are holding me back. Maybe if I get Lasik . . .

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I love Latisse! It works great. I havent been using it lately bc I am breastfeeding and wanted to be safe but AS SOON as I'm done I will start again. Any dermatologist can write a script. Also, if you go to their website and type in your zip code they will tell you local DR's that will write scripts for it. My GHP has started offering Latisse scripts so I no longer need to make a special trip to the derm.

I also love that I never skip using my eye/face creams while using Latisse. Because I like the way it works I make the time each night to apply it (and then I do my wrinkle creams). Being a busy mom, I dont always find the time but with this I do----certainly is helping me stay wrinkle-free!

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
I got a script from my eye doctor (have to see him once a year anyway for my contacts).

As far as side effects, I have dark brown eyes already, so wasn't worried about that. I haven't seen any skin darkening. I have had a bit of itchy eyes, but have been using Zaditor and it hasn't been much of an issue. I'm going to keep at it and can't wait to see the effects longer term :)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
maxbookworm|1313718891|2993900 said:
I got a script from my eye doctor (have to see him once a year anyway for my contacts).

As far as side effects, I have dark brown eyes already, so wasn't worried about that. I haven't seen any skin darkening. I have had a bit of itchy eyes, but have been using Zaditor and it hasn't been much of an issue. I'm going to keep at it and can't wait to see the effects longer term :)

So can you apply the latisse while you are wearing your contacts?

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
Not literally while you have them in, but I apply it at night after I've taken my contacts out :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I shouldn't admit it but I have put it on before while wearing my contacts, I normally don't though.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very happy to see this thread. Thanks for starting it, Max.

I got mine from my dermatologist. My eyelashes are typical Asian lashes, very short and very sparse. I've had it for a while and was reluctant to use it since I have very sensitive eyes. I just tried it on for the first time - applied it abt 5 mins ago and my left eye is a bit itchy/ painful already. For the ladies who have used it, what do you do when your eyes get itchy? Do you rinse it off and try it the next day or do you just put up with it. I'll put up with it if it doesn't get much worse (fingers crossed); it'd be worth it to have long full lashes.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My eyes are usually itchy anyway, but I don't ever rinse it. I just deal with it honestly.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix|1313764575|2994239 said:

I got mine from my dermatologist. My eyelashes are typical Asian lashes, very short and very sparse. I've had it for a while and was reluctant to use it since I have very sensitive eyes. I just tried it on for the first time - applied it abt 5 mins ago and my left eye is a bit itchy/ painful already. For the ladies who have used it, what do you do when your eyes get itchy? Do you rinse it off and try it the next day or do you just put up with it. I'll put up with it if it doesn't get much worse (fingers crossed); it'd be worth it to have long full lashes.

My eyes were itchy the 1st few nights but then I got used to it. I put up with it. It wasnt that bad and I was VERY tired so I just went to sleep. You should get used to the formula after a couple nights. If you are going to have a reaction (as in allergic to the product) you will know and need to take it off right away. If you made it through the first night you are probably ok.

I have sensitive skin and most products that actually WORK (like Retina-A, Drysol, and my other favorite products) cause me to be sensitive the 1st few times I use it. Good luck!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ame and lbbaber. I'm glad to hear that. The itch/ slight pain is still there but at least it's not getting worse. What's funny is that my right eye feels completely fine. I hope I make it through the whole night.

Thanks again, ladies. Here come long full lashes!! :appl: :))

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
Hey Phoenix -- I'm Asian too, so I know exactly where you're coming from!

I love this page -- scroll down to the last woman. Admittedly, she started with longer lashes than I did, but if I even get to where she was at week 12, I will be *more* than satisfied.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I had a itchiness that lasted through the first whole month, and some of my sparse lashes even fell out, but now I've been using for about 3 months, my eyes got used to it, and my lashes are so long they brush against my sunglasses!

I'm Asian too, average lashes to start with...not short, and average thickness. Now they are super long, and same thickness. I still wear mascara to darken!

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Just a word of caution, my daughter got great results with this and her lashes were super long and then after about 6 months her eyelashes starting falling out in clumps. She has a large area in the middle of her eye with no eyelashes at all. We are hoping they grow back.

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
tina sparkle|1313781768|2994423 said:
Just a word of caution, my daughter got great results with this and her lashes were super long and then after about 6 months her eyelashes starting falling out in clumps. She has a large area in the middle of her eye with no eyelashes at all. We are hoping they grow back.

Oh no, that's terrible! Was she using it the whole time or had she stopped using it? Did you complain to Allergan? I definitely don't remember reading about that possible side effect anywhere!

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
I just found out she was using Rapid lash and not Latisse--hopefully, it doesn't have the same side effect.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI - gemgirl told me (on my permanent makeup thread) that you can use it on your eyebrows too if you have thin eyebrows
(like I do).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maxbookworm|1313778077|2994380 said:
Hey Phoenix -- I'm Asian too, so I know exactly where you're coming from!

I love this page -- scroll down to the last woman. Admittedly, she started with longer lashes than I did, but if I even get to where she was at week 12, I will be *more* than satisfied.

He he, I saw that too and thought the exact same thing about mine! :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1313781387|2994419 said:

I had a itchiness that lasted through the first whole month, and some of my sparse lashes even fell out, but now I've been using for about 3 months, my eyes got used to it, and my lashes are so long they brush against my sunglasses!

I'm Asian too, average lashes to start with...not short, and average thickness. Now they are super long, and same thickness. I still wear mascara to darken!

Wow! I'm so happy for you! :appl:

Thanks for posting abt the lashes falling out initially. I'd be totally freaked out!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1313848461|2994943 said:
FYI - gemgirl told me (on my permanent makeup thread) that you can use it on your eyebrows too if you have thin eyebrows
(like I do).

Great to know that, tyty. I also have thin eyebrows - always have and the Hashimoto's is making it worse! :blackeye:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I've used it for 2 nights now and I can report that although my eyes (yes, both now) get itchy and slightly irritated, there's been no major adverse reaction! :appl:

I will keep using it for my eyelashes as well as brows and will report back from time to time.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Max, I'd love to see pics of yr lashes when you manage to take them. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results