shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm unraveling! Need help. Will this wedding band erode my engagement ring?

Musa15

Shiny_Rock
Just put a deposit down for a u shaped wedding band 3/4 eternity with slightly smaller stones (3.6mm)

When putting together the details for the ring my jeweler mentioned that the diamonds being exposed on the sides of the setting (u shaped prongs) would rub and may scratch and eventually erode the engagement ring's 18kt gold shank and the platinum lotus prongs

This engagement ring is so special to me I don't want it damaged. Is there another type of very low profile setting for the band that won't damage the e-ring? I'm ok with metal touching metal just want to avoid the diamond scratching the soft gold or platinum.

I also was thinking worst case scenario maybe I can purchase a nice gold spacer band? I just have small sz 4 fingers with not a lot of real estate in them.

Last pic is an inspo pic of a spacer situation.

IMG_1560.jpeg
IMG_1501.png

IMG_1649.jpeg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just put a deposit down for a u shaped wedding band 3/4 eternity with slightly smaller stones (3.6mm)

When putting together the details for the ring my jeweler mentioned that the diamonds being exposed on the sides of the setting (u shaped prongs) would rub and may scratch and eventually erode the engagement ring's 18kt gold shank and the platinum lotus prongs

This engagement ring is so special to me I don't want it damaged. Is there another type of very low profile setting for the band that won't damage the e-ring? I'm ok with metal touching metal just want to avoid the diamond scratching the soft gold or platinum.

I also was thinking worst case scenario maybe I can purchase a nice gold spacer band? I just have small sz 4 fingers with not a lot of real estate in them.

Last pic is an inspo pic of a spacer situation.

IMG_1560.jpeg
IMG_1501.png

IMG_1649.jpeg

that last picture with the spacer looks so beautiful

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would need a spacer. Someone on Etsy makes a really thin spacer that is taller than it is wide if I remember correctly. Didnt take
up a lot of real estate. I'm not sure if I can find it though.

Here is what I did find with a quick look. I'm sure there are more.
platinum 1.5 wide X 1.7 heigh

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results