shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm the lady that drove you nuts with indecision... :)

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So, it's been several months since I last posted. This is where I last left off. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-4-rings-in-the-mail-today-which-one.237297/

To keep a long story short, I had decided on the more blingy "Ring #4", but then had issues following through because the reviews on amazon were very mixed about the ring, and when I reached out to my local jeweler to see about having it custom made, the price made me really back off at the time...we had a lot going on, my daughter is being treated for leukemia...she had some hospital stays this summer. The timing was just bad to be shopping for a anniversary ring. Jewelry takes a big back seat to far more important things, as it should!!!!!

With things finally slowing down and hubby getting on my case about picking out a ring, I started looking again, planning to fall back on ring #4 and just hoping my "gut feeling" about the quality would be wrong in the long run. But then I came across this ring. It's from the etsy seller Brilliant Forever.

IMG_20181012_113325.jpg
I have no experience with this seller but they have a 1 year warranty and great reviews. The shop owner was very responsive. He also said he could custom fit it to my current ring at no additional cost, and would even take a return of a custom band if I didn't like it. All this for under $300, a price I don't have to feel guilty about!

I just got it in the mail today. The curve actually fits really well on both the top and bottom of my ring, although I might ask about going to custom route.

With all this said...this ring is so me!!!!! And I feel like it fits the overall style of my current set better than ring #4. The diamonds compliment the little clusters of diamonds at the base of my center stone. They are about the same size, and the prongs are similar. Here's another pic
IMG_20181012_113342.jpg

My biggest hang up with the other ring #4 is ultimately I wasn't sure if it was "me", even though I loved it, and it felt special, I still had uncertainty, thus another reason why I waited so long to jump!

This ring looks good whether I wear it on top or bottom of my current set! I actually think I love the look on the top slightly more...kind of like a sweet crown to top it off...and to top off the things we've faced as a family the last year and a half. I am also pumped because there is a thin piece of metal along the curve of the diamonds, the part that rests up against my other rings, so I feel like I don't need to worry as much about the diamonds possibly scratching on my wedding ring. Because I really didn't want to have to solder a new ring to my current set. I love how there is a little open space between each diamond. They're kind of just hanging out, and I love that individuality. :)
IMG_20181012_113534.jpg
Here's a pic with the band on the bottom. Looks nice too! Not sure why the pic flipped sideways but whatever. :)

To top it off, there are 13 diamonds in the band! And it's technically for our 13th anniversary. I'm not superstitious, so I'm not hung up on the number 13. Ha ha I think it's an awesome sign and meant to be.

And it's priced right, I could even go for 2 and wear one on each side! The diamonds sparkle beautifully!

I know I said it before, but it's just so me. It's simple enough, but it's got a little edge of "different", which I appreciate.

Thank you everyone who encouraged me along the way, read about my decisions (or shall I say indecision...lol) and were very positive. This is not something I do on a regular basis, and I love my jewelry to be very sentimental. I just wanted to officially follow up and say "This is the keeper!"

Bless you all!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I REALLY like this, and I think it looks perfect with your set! Congrats!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you found a winner @ladyonthelake!!! Honestly I don't know if you need to go custom, this ring looks like it was made for your set! It looks fantastic :appl:

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's illness and I hope she's doing ok - sending love and healing vibes.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely, great choice.

Hope your daughter’s treatment is going well, and she’s on the road to a full recovery.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring you chose - it looks fantastic with your set! Clearly waiting was the right call!
I hope your daughter is recovering well and you have a better year ahead

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that ring, it looks perfect on you!! So sorry to hear what you are going through, hope your daughter is getting better.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your nice comments! Maybe I won't worry about having them customize it further after all if it looks good to you all.

As for my daughter, she's doing great over all! Just a few set backs this summer. But a little less than a year and she'll be done with treatments. She was diagnosed with A.L.L. in March 2017, and it's 2.5 years total to treat. She is the one who deserves some jewelry!!! Definitely when she's old enough to take care of it. She's only seven. :)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wondered what happened with your choice! Your set looks gorgous. I love that it happened to have 13 diamonds for your 13th anniversary!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is definitely the winner & it looks perfect in you :love:

Lots of pixie dust coming your daughters' way too. My dad had A.L.L. & I spent a lot of time with some fabulous fellow sufferers. Great news that she's nearly done & big hugs to you too, strong mummy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so pretty! You were wise to avoid the one you were uncertain about.

Hugs to you, and I hope your little one is completely healed from her illness!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Alex T , I've been amazed at how "common" A.L.L. is. It seems like everywhere I go someone knows someone close to them who had it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful outcome! I love the "13" ring best. It has presence, while still being delicate, and it complements your engagement ring beautifully! Well done! :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! (My sister has CML, with transplant done this past July) Blessing to your beautiful daughter!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thirteen diamond band is gorgeous..Love the sentiment behind it...:love:
Hugs and healing wishes for your precious daughter..

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful and 13 is a magic number!
Sending you hugs and healing vibes for your precious daughter.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know that you could have chosen a more complimentary ring for your set - it really does look good!

I too send lots of healing wishes to your precious daughter!

diamondsndogs

Rough_Rock
Lovely band! And you can find some great vendors who sell their designs on Etsy and are absolutely reputable. I just bought a 5 stone band from a vendor that sells on Etsy (Aby Nathanoff) and am absolutely in love with it!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great and agree that it looks best on top, but either way certainly works.
Best wishes for your daughter.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, it fits perfectly with your engagement ring. Personally I like number 13 as it’s my son’s birth date too.

Sending lots of good vibes to your DD, it’s a lot to go through at such a young age. I hope all goes well with her treatment.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I would head over to Lightbox and get her a pretty lab diamond pendant or earrings as a treat for being a champion. They make them in pink and blue too. You can see pictures of them in the MMD forum.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First and foremost, I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has had to struggle with such a challenge and that you and your family have had to endure it as well. Sending prayers and happy healing thoughts your way. She looks like an absolute sweetheart and definitely deserving of some gorgeous pink diamond studs, or other sentimental piece of bling for her bravery. I'm so happy that you found the band of your dreams. I LOVE IT!! I remember your journey and wondered how it had all turned out. This ring is spectacular with your original set and is leaps and bounds above the others you considered, as nice as some of those were. It really looks like it was meant to be part of the original set, which was so unique and pretty to begin with. I have to say it again--I LOVE IT!! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for coming back!!! I hate when we’re just left hanging! :)
Your new ring is fantastic. Best ever option. I love it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings look made for each other! Best wishes for your precious daughter!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your beautiful band really completes your set! Absolutely perfect together!
Thank you for coming back and sharing. Lots of healing dust for your DD and {{{hugs}}} to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results