shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m stumped...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When I got engaged, my husband and I designed a really lovely e-ring and matching wedding band...and, I still love it...it still means a lot to me, and I'm very proud of it. But the design has a few issues...like the diamond being set up really high and catching on things...the ATM almost ate my ring the other day. But, I could live like that and have for over 3.5 years. However, like so many of us here on PS, I've gotten the "remodel" bug...and my DH (God love him) is totally supportive with one cavet that I use my original stones which I have plenty of.

I have one 2+ carat princess cut and an additional 24 1o pointer princess cuts. I have very short fingers, small hands and my knuckle to knuckle range is pretty tiny.

Intially I thought halo, halo, halo...but they don't look so great on my finger. So, I'm been thinking and now I do believe I want to keep it more timeless then trendy...but I do want to keep my contempory edge.

So, PS friends, here is my question...all things being equal, which would you prefer?

1. A moderately thick solitaire setting (rocker bottom) with a full eternity band of 10 pointers (uternity style)

2. A thin solitaire setting (rocker bottom) with two 3/4 eternity bands of 10 pointers (uternity style)

ETA: ignore the poll, did that on accident. thanks.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer option #2-the thin band. If you short fingers like you say, the thicker band will overpower them and make them look even shorter. The thin band is more delicate and will show more skin making your fingers look longer. It will also make your stone look bigger IMO.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Agree 100% with HH. I always prefer a thinner banded solitaire.
2.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I am very interested in both options...I am going to draw up some stuff for my jeweler to take a look at.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also like option #2. The 2 bands need to sit flush with your ering though (since you have small fingers) which will make your princess have to
sit up a little. Dont know if thats an issue since you are dealing with a too tall setting at the moment. Can you give us some pics of your current
setting. Maybe we can suggest some other options for you to consider? We need hand pics too!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d pick a combo-thin band with 1 full eternity. If you have short fingers 3 rings is a LOT.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''ll always choose the thin setting, too. I think it looks good on everyone and makes your big rock pop
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results