shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m sort of liking this dress...thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a size 2 and I think the smaller sizes (0-4) sold out within 20-30 minutes.

You could always get the size 10 altered.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 1:29:31 PM
Author: Bia
I don''t know what to do
32.gif

The smallest they have is a size 10. I''d need to have it taken in, but then I wouldnt be able to sell it...or could I ? I definitely can''t get a store credit.
Even if the size 10 is too big, once you try it on, you''ll probably have a good idea if you love it or not. Before any actual sewing is done, pin/clamp it to your body just like they do in the bridal shops... if you love it, have it altered. If you don''t, return it for credit or sell it.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ooo, I like it! We have very similar taste. Unfortunately for me, none of the dresses like this one that I tried on looked good on me
7.gif
I hope you have more luck because I loove the style and want to see someone rock it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 2:20:45 PM
Author: elrohwen
Ooo, I like it! We have very similar taste. Unfortunately for me, none of the dresses like this one that I tried on looked good on me
7.gif
I hope you have more luck because I loove the style and want to see someone rock it.
I decided to get it! It was too pretty a dress to pass up!
36.gif

I will see if they even can alter it one-two sizes. If not, I''ll sell it.

Here are the pics from the NM Collections web site:

GW 5.jpg

Bia

Ideal_Rock

GW 6.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how exciting! I can''t wait to see pics of you in it!!
1.gif

It''s a very beautiful dress!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I saw that dress and thought about getting it for a reception dress myself! But given that my size was already sold out and I didn''t want to spend the money on alterations, I passed it up. I think it''s beautiful, and it reminds me a lot of the J. Crew "goddess" dress. I hope it works for you!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 12:47:57 PM
Author: Clairitek
I would say to go for it! I also liked that mermaid gown for $650. Its gorgeous! How do you feel about that drop waisted gown? I think its also pretty.

I definitely think you could sell this dress if you end up not liking it. Its a great bargain.
which one did you mean, there are a few that look mermaid-y? All beautiful
30.gif

I''m actually getting nervous now. A coworker of mine just told me that she tried on this dress (she''s getting married this fall) and she was spilling out of it
23.gif
She said there wasn''t enough coverage, and you could see her girls from all angles. She''s a little bigger than I am bust-wise but we are similarly built, although different heights.

Lord. I might have been a wee bit impulsive...

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
oops. I posted that i thought you might be more comfortable with a dress providing more 'structure' in the top. But then I saw you'd bought it already.

Maybe once you try it on the issue will resolve itself. You could always take it to a dressmaker and have cups sewn in and some structure/extra lining added. Might help...

LS

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OH MY FLIPPING GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

I am so sorry Bia I wasn't here sooner to voice in my opinion (
20.gif
3.gif
) but then on top of it you already bought the beauty!!!!!!!!!! It looks very lovely. I like the idea of you purchasing it now and hanging onto it just in case you find something you like even better. $250 seems like a steal! Why not?! At that price! So when it comes, are we gonna see photos of it?
31.gif

I do wonder however if it would look more like a dress for a day summer/garden wedding rather than a fall/winter evening wedding. It could work though...

Look at my girl Bia all wedding-dress-shopping......
4.gif
39.gif
39.gif
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 3:40:51 PM
I''m actually getting nervous now. A coworker of mine just told me that she tried on this dress (she''s getting married this fall) and she was spilling out of it
23.gif
She said there wasn''t enough coverage, and you could see her girls from all angles. She''s a little bigger than I am bust-wise but we are similarly built, although different heights.

Lord. I might have been a wee bit impulsive...
Uh oh.....would you be able to return it if it doesn''t work? Or you would just have to re-sell?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Bia,

If it doesn''t fit you properly, you can always sell it to me.
31.gif

My "girls" will fit in just fine!
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 3:47:36 PM
Author: LostSapphire

oops. I posted that i thought you might be more comfortable with a dress providing more ''structure'' in the top. But then I saw you''d bought it already.

Maybe once you try it on the issue will resolve itself. You could always take it to a dressmaker and have cups sewn in and some structure/extra lining added. Might help...

LS
LOL No worries.

Usually I''m not afraid, but because it''s a wedding dress, I definitely don''t want to be all over the place. My bridesmaids dress at my brother''s wedding was cut similarly to this one and it was fine. But it was an espresso color, not white. That''s what''s concerning me.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
The good news is that you did buy it a size or two too big. So, the fabric will be there, hopefully, and you can just get it altered around the "girls" and then add a lining, maybe?

I say take a deep breath! It will work out, and there are options if it doesn''t.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will be fine with alterations Bia. Wait until you get it and then see how it is, and go from there.

I think you''ll look beautiful.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''m such an indecisive person when it comes to myself, it''s a little absurd.

Lee: It was such a good deal, I had to buy it JUST INCASE LOL I need help...

Freke: Thanks babe. Leave it to you to be the PS sound of reasoning.

Elle: If it''s not meant for me, and you want it, consider it yours.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous. Hopefully as you bought it a couple of sizes bigger they can work around the boobies. Can''t wait to see pics of it.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 4:19:57 PM

Lee: It was such a good deal, I had to buy it JUST INCASE LOL I need help...

Freke: Thanks babe. Leave it to you to be the PS sound of reasoning.

Elle: If it''s not meant for me, and you want it, consider it yours.
Bia, I hope it''s gorgeous and just the right amount of sexy on you, and that there is no need to consider the re-sale. That would be awesome if you got such a great deal on a gorgeous dress!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 4:19:57 PM
Don''t I know that feeling! I''m completely the same way. COMPLETELY!
32.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 4:23:25 PM
Author: bee*
I think it''s gorgeous. Hopefully as you bought it a couple of sizes bigger they can work around the boobies. Can''t wait to see pics of it.
Exactly. I think it will be fine Bia. Really and truly.

BTW, between you and Clairitek, you guys convinced me I needed a NM dress. Thanks guys.
20.gif
2.gif
3.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I probably missed it but when do you get it? Are you going to post photos? I can''t wait to see it. The newer pictures with the jewelry
18.gif
. The girls will be fine with alteration
2.gif
. If not, then don''t worry. If your wedding is in PR, you''ll fit right in hahahaha don''t tell your FI I said that.

BTW, are you really considering PR? Two of my very good friends got married there. One has a huge list of resources for places to check out, vendors, etc. She planned her wedding from Florida. If you do consider PR, I can have her forward everything to me and then give you all the info.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a NM dress with a low front, lower back, and size 34C breasts (not big but big enough). I wasn''t spilling out of it, but did buy wig tape to help with the top just in case. I ended up practising how I could move and bend and didn''t need the tape at all. Wig tape is really strong, it might be worth a try if you aren''t "spilling" but the dress doesn''t quite move with you.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy to hear you bought the dress! After my post I realized that there were a few mermaid gowns. Whoops!

I agree with the others that said you could use whatever material is taken off the dress to add more coverage in the chest area. I might end up doing that with my own NM dress I ordered from Rue La La today because I have a feeling it''ll be a little shallow for my chest.

I can''t wait until we all get our NM dresses!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! It's really exciting to think I might actually have my wedding dress. Can you imagine if everything worked out perfectly and I actually got the dress I'll be married in for $250?! That would be too cool...

Fiery: We are definitely considering a wedding in PR. FI was dead set against a DW because he has a lot of family in NY (all really). BUT, since we are getting to the point where the idea of dropping $70k on a wedding is making us a little sick, we have decided to not rule it out. Plus, since he's a Rican himself (well half) he really likes the idea of us incorporating into the wedding something that's such a big part of his identity, and mine really since although I'm not PRican, I am full blooded Latina. And you're right, over there they will be giving me pointers on how to make my dress "lo mas de sexy." Probably try and cut a slit somewhere...LOL
3.gif
2.gif
9.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results