shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm So Tired of This.....

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
My Rings (mind you, I don't have that many)

DON'T FIT

now that the weather is hot !!!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

I am having to literally grease up my finger to slide my rings on
in the morning
and getting them off, OMG !!!!

Am I the only one here ?????

In the wintertime, some of mine fly right off my finger
if I shake my hands after washing up !!!!
Otherwise, I would be tempted to have some of them sized up slightly.

Sooooo annoyed. Hmpf.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would sizing beads or a horseshoe sizer help you any?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you get a horseshoe sizer, I would suggest making it a little bigger first and then put the sizer on. I was stupid, spent all the money to have mine put on and then I couldn't get it over my knuckle. I think if the ring had been maybe a quarter size to half size bigger then the horseshoe sizer would've done the trick.

And yes, it happens to me several times throughout the day. I hate it.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Shiney, I have the very same problem. I've got a couple of rings I simply can't wear during the summer, they won't go on or off. It's like you need every ring in two sizes depending on the weather.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have a TERRIBLE time with this!! My fingers can change up to two sizes from summer to winter! The thinner the rings the less of a problem I have. I don't choose to alter my rings, so when I have them made I tend to split the difference. I wish I could give you a solution, but I've decided just to live with it and accept that some rings I can't wear in the summertime.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, you guys ...

I guess this is coming from someone who keeps
"thin clothes" and "fat clothes" in her closet...

But really.

"Thin rings" and "Fat rings" ?!?!?

REALLY ?!?!?!?!

kt

Shiny_Rock
Would maybe guard rings in different sizes work? In a thin band so they don't distract from the ring itself?

Edited to mean, size the original ring up and then use guard rings when they get loose in the winter?

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
kt|1308016125|2945223 said:
Would maybe guard rings in different sizes work? In a thin band so they don't distract from the ring itself?

Edited to mean, size the original ring up and then use guard rings when they get loose in the winter?

That would probably work, but then they would spin like mad during the winter when they're fitting so losely.

I don't really have this problem. The problem I have is morning vs. evening. My rings fit fine in the morning (summer or winter), but sometimes by nightfall my fingers have swollen so much it's bordering on painful to keep my rings on - especially my wider rings (and I'm talking 3.5-4 mm width here, not 7mm or anything). Or maybe it's b/c my wider ring isn't comfort fit like my smaller (more expensive) ones? Or maybe my right hand swells more than my left? I guess there's too many variables to know for sure.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Shiney, I bought several rings from one of my favorite jewelry stores in Florida when we visited last. I came home to cold Ohio weather and guess what? Yep- shook 2 of them right off. I would have to agree that the whole thing is absurd. But you called it right- Fat rings and skinny ring days. And the weather lately, I need removable horseshoes!

I'm just gonna *itch with you if that's ok?

<3

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I have the same problem almost year round. It depends on the time of day for me sometimes. And the weather too. I get inflammation in my knuckles or something but I'm not sure why. Sometimes a ring that feels tight on one day feels loose the next day.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
It bugs me, too! My e-ring has a pretty thin band, so I don't have trouble getting it on or off when it's alone (plus it's pretty loose in the winter). But when I've been "practicing" wearing my wedding ring with it :naughty: I have a hard time getting them off my finger. I can already tell it's going to be annoying in the summer, since I take off my rings to shower/sleep/do any major work with my hands.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely have this issue. My solution has been to ask most of my rings to be stackable and a half size bigger than my actual size on the finger I want to wear them on. That way I can wear them with spacers on thin days and without them on bigger days. The rings that don't fit into this category get worn when they fit :bigsmile:

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, it seems like many of us have the same problem! The only thing I can think of (other than the things that help you get rings on), is to wear a ring on your middle finger in the cold weather and go down a finger in hot weather. I guess you've already tried that but I don't know what else would do it exept maybe elasticated rings!! :appl:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
12 suggestions so far and NOBODY said that you're complaining about the one greatest excuse to have MORE rings???

What other hobby gives you a legitimate reason to get more of the same thing just because there are times of the year when you'll need it?

Seasonal rings! Yay!

P.S. Please post photos of your new additions, thanks.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
WOW !!! I am happy that I am in good company !!!!
I didn't realize many of you shared my woes ......

I actually haven't worn a wedding ring or band in YEARS,
because it never fits....

Another problem I have, is that for my work
I frequently have to remove my rings
during the day.... So that just adds to the problem.

I admit, I do need more rings, TristanC :sun:

I may actually consider having a couple of them sized
for my right hand ring finger (fingers are slightly larger)
or my left hand middle finger,
and wear them
on my left hand ring finger in summer, that was a good suggestion !!!!!

And yes, I am feeling the need for more rings !!!!
Wish I could afford them :???:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I should ask.....
Who resizes the rings, a local B & M Jeweler?
Is that safe for the rings ?
Does it take long ?
Or is it best to just send them back to their respective vendors....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. A local jeweller should be able to resize your rings easily.
2. Generally, the plainer and less diamond encrusted the ring, the easier it is.
3. Not at all. Depending on your jeweller's schedule, it'll be ready the same day or in a few days' time.
4. If it has melees or a more complicated design or if you just want to, you can always send it back to the original vendor.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Chrono !!!
Most of my rings are plain solitaires,
now just have to pick a local jeweler :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have huge balloon sausage fingers in the summer, and it's quite embarassing posing my fingers on this forum for that reason. However, the weird thing is that the rest of my body seems to be shrinking (loss of water weight in this humidity), so why my fingers are always swollen is bizarre.

I feel your pain. In the morning, I put my rings on and they only fall half to two thirds down the finger. As the day progresses, they eventually slide all the way on. It's difficult getting them off at night as well. *sigh* :((

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never had this problem on a large scale, (Sorry Shiney) but my fingers used to puff up a bit in the summer. These days though, all my rings are now too loose! I'm not losing weight at all, but for the last 2 years my fingers are, dare I say, shrinking. I recently tried on a 7.5 and it fits nearly perfectly. I'm nearly able to wear rings I haven't been able to in quite a few years, and they're size 7's.

-A

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Mine do that too. I just buy the ring snuggies from Walmart to use during the winter.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same problem and I have rings that fit my right hand (1/2 size larger) in the winter, but have to go to my left hand in the summer and sometimes, I can't even wear them on my left hand. My fingers will change size due to heat/cold, water retention, something I ate the day before, etc. etc.

My rings (depending on the width) vary in size from 6 (I could wear a 5.5 on my left hand some days, but I never size anything that small) to 7. The 7's usually are too loose to wear, but occasionally they are the only ones that fit.

I have a wedding band (channel set diamonds) that is pretty wide, so even though my favorite left hand ring combo is my wedding band and one of several colored eRings, I often can't wear the band OR if I get the band on, I can't wear the eRings (which are usually sized up 1/2 size because they have to fit with the band).

Some days I try on several rings to see which one is going to fit :nono:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off-tangent but important to me.
When I was young, my ring size was 6 and I thought my fingers were fat. When I moved to Seattle, I sized my favorite turquoise ring to size 7.5. Now I am not wearing it because my fingers are size 9. They were 9.5. My question is, if I lose weight, will my fingers become slimmer or will they still stay, say, 8.5 - 9 because it is the function of age?

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
crasru|1308112274|2946327 said:
When I was young, my ring size was 6 and I thought my fingers were fat. When I moved to Seattle, I sized my favorite turquoise ring to size 7.5. Now I am not wearing it because my fingers are size 9. They were 9.5. My question is, if I lose weight, will my fingers become slimmer or will they still stay, say, 8.5 - 9 because it is the function of age?

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure part of it is age. My mom's wedding set is a size 4. She can't wear it anymore (in fact, even my size 6 e-ring is too small for her). She probably wears ~size 7 now. Keep in mind that the woman is still 115 pounds.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
crasru|1308112274|2946327 said:

I am so feeling everyone's pain here ~ and thanks for sharing,
because I was feeling like I am the only one this is happening to !!!!

One thing I have noticed is that my "knuckles" are larger, even though I don't feel like
my fingers "look" fat.
In fact, if it weren't for my knuckles, I don't think I would have this problem....
Now I have the beginnings of calluses on my ring finger knuckle,
presumably from chafing my finger trying to force my rings on :shock:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results