shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm so tired of diamond disasters...

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@Natylad, so sorry to hear about this. I wonder if you and your jewelry need to ground together. (I live in LA, so humor me.)

You mention that forget that you’ve taken things off, that things are getting damaged … it’s like the energy lines between you and your precious pieces could use some breath/clearing/deliberate focus/attention/support.

You could just sit somewhere quiet with all your pieces or just one at a time, and have a conversation with them. Or prayer. Or simple breath. Remember how it came into your life. Recall memories you’ve made with it. Say nice things to it. Recommit yourself to caring for it just as it cares for you (and each piece does indeed look out for us). Doesn’t have to be long at all. Your heart will feel when it’s been enough time.

Wishing you so many wonderful future memories and years with your lovely jewels!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand. I recently lost two rings and for me it definitely took some of the lighthearted joy out of collecting.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh beautiful lady, I am sorry you are upset. It is a crushing feeling to have these accidents and we always feel guilty over accidents. Be kind to yourself!!!

Your jewellery looks so beautiful on you, I would be VERY sorry never to see it again. Your trusted jeweller will be able to mend your pieces, and you'll be refreshed!!!! I can't wait for when you get the rings back--so you can once again love and wear them! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad, so sorry to hear about this. I wonder if you and your jewelry need to ground together. (I live in LA, so humor me.)

You mention that forget that you’ve taken things off, that things are getting damaged … it’s like the energy lines between you and your precious pieces could use some breath/clearing/deliberate focus/attention/support.

You could just sit somewhere quiet with all your pieces or just one at a time, and have a conversation with them. Or prayer. Or simple breath. Remember how it came into your life. Recall memories you’ve made with it. Say nice things to it. Recommit yourself to caring for it just as it cares for you (and each piece does indeed look out for us). Doesn’t have to be long at all. Your heart will feel when it’s been enough time.

Wishing you so many wonderful future memories and years with your lovely jewels!

Thank you and yes, I will try this @0515vision !

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before you put all your jewels away, why not take them to your jeweler friend and have everything checked out to make sure they are secure, and get them cleaned while there. Then put them away so that when you decide to wear them again, they will be all clean and sparkly and you will also know that everything has been checked for security. That might give you a little peace of mind.

This is an excellent idea @Lookinagain and I will certainly do it. Thank you so much for this suggestion.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to hear about that. Hope everything goes well with the repairs and that all diamonds are secured going forward. Please let us know how you go with the alternative arrangements you may be considering. All the best!

I highly appreciate the support @PhilosopherStone! I will certainly update the thread with my next moves and decisions! Thank you!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand. I recently lost two rings and for me it definitely took some of the lighthearted joy out of collecting.
Exactly @whitewave. All these events that I described in my initial post, have somehow taken away the joy that used to derive from collecting and wearing my jewelry. Putting it all away for some time, after having the pieces thoroughly cleaned and checked, as other members suggested, might be helpful and healing for me at this point.
I wish that your lost pieces are found ❤️ And if they are not, I wish that the universe will make sure that they are replaced with other, prettier and even more significant pieces, for you to wear and enjoy @whitewave !

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh beautiful lady, I am sorry you are upset. It is a crushing feeling to have these accidents and we always feel guilty over accidents. Be kind to yourself!!!

Your jewellery looks so beautiful on you, I would be VERY sorry never to see it again. Your trusted jeweller will be able to mend your pieces, and you'll be refreshed!!!! I can't wait for when you get the rings back--so you can once again love and wear them! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

My dear @canuk-gal, you are the sweetest! Thank you so much for the support and positivity!
I might only put the rings away for a while, just until I calm down from this bad incident and figure out exactly what I want to do with them. I have rings (one solitaire and three half eternity rings) that I'm not wearing much and I might consider resetting (I have managed to lose stones also from those ones in the past. They just didn't have such sentimental value to me, that's why I didn't lose my mind when those incidents occurred).
So I want to think well about how much I love, enjoy and wear every piece and decide whether some diamonds need to be reset in order to be more worn and loved. My wedding set should also be put away for a while, because I've had accidents with both those rings and now I feel worried and scared to wear them. When I start wearing them again, I will certainly make sure that I've got ring holders all over the house and a beautiful chain around my neck to which I can attach them if I need to. In general, I want to calm down, collect my thoughts and take measures in order to make sure that I don't lose or damage anything any more.
Big hugs Sharon❤️:wavey:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I dropped my 5 stone in the garbage disposal so I know that sick feeling. Hope you figure out some ways to enjoy your bling while keeping it safe!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dropped my 5 stone in the garbage disposal so I know that sick feeling. Hope you figure out some ways to enjoy your bling while keeping it safe!!

Omg! That sounds terrible! The things that we do to our poor rings!!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw man, I'm so sorry. I know it's a funny joke here that Ame never wears her stuff, but I totally relate. I almost never wore any of mine because I was terrified of anything happening to it, especially since my original set FINALLY was how I wanted it and then was stolen a few months later and getting the replacement FINALLY how I wanted it only to have my marriage be falling apart (way WAY more going on there). All the jewelry drama was just one of many needles in the haystack of my marriage, and I just stopped wearing them entirely.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soon after we were married, my engagement ring fell down the bathroom sink drain when I was washing my hands while getting ready for work. Fortunately I turned off the faucet right away. I had to wait all day until my husband came home and took apart the trap to find out that I had managed to save it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad, I'm so sorry! I understand how you feel. Our jewelry is very special to us and it's upsetting when something happens to it. I think a lot of us have times when we're not as careful as we should be. I cringe at some things I've done! Don't be hard on yourself. Accidents happen and the great news is your precious ring is going to be repaired! I do get your anxiety and I think it's good you're giving yourself some time to think things through. I hope you're feeling better about this soon, sending hugs your way!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes..Me too..I can’t stop looking for my band. It’s energy draining. We have to forgive ourselves and move on.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw man, I'm so sorry. I know it's a funny joke here that Ame never wears her stuff, but I totally relate. I almost never wore any of mine because I was terrified of anything happening to it, especially since my original set FINALLY was how I wanted it and then was stolen a few months later and getting the replacement FINALLY how I wanted it only to have my marriage be falling apart (way WAY more going on there). All the jewelry drama was just one of many needles in the haystack of my marriage, and I just stopped wearing them entirely.

@ame I'm so sorry for everything that you have been through. Nevertheless, my personal experience has taught me that the very difficult times lead to much happier ones and that the universe eventually rewards with great blessings the ones who have suffered.
So i wish great blessings, happiness, love and lots of bling for you! ❤️

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soon after we were married, my engagement ring fell down the bathroom sink drain when I was washing my hands while getting ready for work. Fortunately I turned off the faucet right away. I had to wait all day until my husband came home and took apart the trap to find out that I had managed to save it.

This has also happened to me @pearlsngems but not with my ER! It was a diamond RHR (again gift from DH) and my daughter dropped it in the bathroom sink drain by mistake!!! After that, she didn't say anything and I spent days wondering where the ring was! Eventually I sat her down and told her that I won't scold or punish her if she did something to the ring, I just wanted to know the truth, because it was killing me searching all over the house and wondering what had happened to it. With tears in her eyes she confessed that she had dropped it in there! I immediately removed the trap under the sink and found my ring sitting in there! It was quite a relief and I was so happy that I the water that had been running during all those days down the drain hadn't dragged my ring with it!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly @whitewave. All these events that I described in my initial post, have somehow taken away the joy that used to derive from collecting and wearing my jewelry. Putting it all away for some time, after having the pieces thoroughly cleaned and checked, as other members suggested, might be helpful and healing for me at this point.
I wish that your lost pieces are found ❤️ And if they are not, I wish that the universe will make sure that they are replaced with other, prettier and even more significant pieces, for you to wear and enjoy @whitewave !

Thank you. I filed claims and the new rings are getting made as we speak. I used lab diamonds though in case this happens again.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are reminding me of 2 lost ring stories with happy endings.

My husband and I would take our rings off and put them on the nightstand every night. This was during the frantic time of life with a baby and a toddler dictating our mornings.

My engagement ring went missing, and fortunately I realized it soon, although I couldn’t find it On the floor, under the bed, etc. Located in the vacuum cleaner bag. Now I have a ring holder on my nightstand.

My husband’s wedding ring was missing for 7 months, and we had given up hope. One day I was cleaning my 2 year old son’s toy box, and there it was, on the very bottom.

We still laugh about my son re-homing his dad’s ring!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad, I'm so sorry! I understand how you feel. Our jewelry is very special to us and it's upsetting when something happens to it. I think a lot of us have times when we're not as careful as we should be. I cringe at some things I've done! Don't be hard on yourself. Accidents happen and the great news is your precious ring is going to be repaired! I do get your anxiety and I think it's good you're giving yourself some time to think things through. I hope you're feeling better about this soon, sending hugs your way!

@junebug17 you are right. I haven't been careful lately. I'm constantly absent-minded and this is why I'm having all those accidents. I'm trying to stay positive and hope that my ring will be fixed perfectly and no other piece will be lost or damaged any more!!! Thank you so much for the support my dear @junebug17 !

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I filed claims and the new rings are getting made as we speak. I used lab diamonds though in case this happens again.
Ohhh!!! I'm so glad that you had your rings insured and that you're having them made already! And I applaud your decision to use lab grown diamonds!!! I've come to like them so much! Very recently I bought my first one and I think that I will buy more in the near future!!! Can't wait to see your new rings @whitewave !!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are reminding me of 2 lost ring stories with happy endings.

My husband and I would take our rings off and put them on the nightstand every night. This was during the frantic time of life with a baby and a toddler dictating our mornings.

My engagement ring went missing, and fortunately I realized it soon, although I couldn’t find it On the floor, under the bed, etc. Located in the vacuum cleaner bag. Now I have a ring holder on my nightstand.

My husband’s wedding ring was missing for 7 months, and we had given up hope. One day I was cleaning my 2 year old son’s toy box, and there it was, on the very bottom.

We still laugh about my son re-homing his dad’s ring!

Oh! The nightstand! Yes! My daughter got engaged recently and a week ago left her ring on her nightstand, as she usually does when she returns home from work. The next day she was looking for the ring and it had vanished. She was sick to her stomach. After two days of searching all over the house she located the ring deep under the nightstand, by the wall. We suspect that her cat had something to do with it!!!!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! The nightstand! Yes! My daughter got engaged recently and a week ago left her ring on her nightstand, as she usually does when she returns home from work. The next day she was looking for the ring and it had vanished. She was sick to her stomach. After two days of searching all over the house she located the ring deep under the nightstand, by the wall. We suspect that her cat had something to do with it!!!!
Mystery solved! We had a cat at the time. Good thought.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My philosophy is that life happens.
When we wear and enjoy items they bump up against things, maybe get scratched or dented or chipped.
The alternative is keeping them pristine in their box which deprives you of the joy of wearing them.
The Chinese philosophy regarding Jade bangles is simple, if one breaks it is because the ”bad energy” that the wearer would have experienced is absorbed by the bangle breaking, thus the wearer has been protected.
Its little consolation though.
No need to sell the rings or lock them away forever.
I have plenty of pieces with damage, it’s part of their story and I have decided to let that be their story. Though it is best to make a conscious effort to avoid damage where possible.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My philosophy is that life happens.
When we wear and enjoy items they bump up against things, maybe get scratched or dented or chipped.
The alternative is keeping them pristine in their box which deprives you of the joy of wearing them.
The Chinese philosophy regarding Jade bangles is simple, if one breaks it is because the ”bad energy” that the wearer would have experienced is absorbed by the bangle breaking, thus the wearer has been protected.
Its little consolation though.
No need to sell the rings or lock them away forever.
I have plenty of pieces with damage, it’s part of their story and I have decided to let that be their story. Though it is best to make a conscious effort to avoid damage where possible.

Excellent points @Bron357 ! I think that you are absolutely right... And thank you so much for sharing the Chinese philosophy regarding the jade bracelets!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
@ame I'm so sorry for everything that you have been through. Nevertheless, my personal experience has taught me that the very difficult times lead to much happier ones and that the universe eventually rewards with great blessings the ones who have suffered.
So i wish great blessings, happiness, love and lots of bling for you! ❤️

Thank you! I sold/did buyback on everything besides my studs and necklace neither of which I ever wear lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results