shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm so sad

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Nobody IRL can understand. EBay shipping my pin with pitney bowes and they lost it. It was solid 18k, French, probably art nouveau, with a rose cut diamond. And $350.
Ebay reimbursed me but I'm sure the customer service couldn't understand why I was upset.
I've been looking for another but I can't find another one with such expressive face and at this price.

Screenshot_20230503_181445_Photos.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand and I’m sorry. It sounds like you put a lot of effort into the hunt and to be left with nothing is disappointing.

SapphireBomb

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Nobody IRL can understand. EBay shipping my pin with pitney bowes and they lost it. It was solid 18k, French, probably art nouveau, with a rose cut diamond. And $350.
Ebay reimbursed me but I'm sure the customer service couldn't understand why I was upset.
I've been looking for another but I can't find another one with such expressive face and at this price.

Screenshot_20230503_181445_Photos.jpg

So sorry.
Completely understand your reaction.

Daze

Rough_Rock
You‘re more than justified to feel upset. I would be too, very much so. When you’re enamoured with a piece of jewellery and it gets lost in translation it can feel very disheartening! I imagine a lot of people on PS have been there and experienced this.

Is it definitely lost, no way it’s just been held up somewhere and it will arrive late?

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
You‘re more than justified to feel upset. I would be too, very much so. When you’re enamoured with a piece of jewellery and it gets lost in translation it can feel very disheartening! I imagine a lot of people on PS have been there and experienced this.

Is it definitely lost, no way it’s just been held up somewhere and it will arrive late?

@Daze Ebay told me the seller shipped it to their receiving center and ebay sent it to me using their contractor and it got lost. I found out that Pitney Bowes Is the carrier by the tracking number and PB refuses to talk to me. It was supposed to get here on April 17th.

Daze

Rough_Rock
Oh I see. I had never heard of Pitney Bowes.
I’m not sure where you are based, but here in the UK using EBay’s own courier service is known to be a nightmare. The only time I’ve ever had things go missing is when a seller uses the eBay shipping service rather than Royal Mail or similar.
It’s really naff and shocking how often things go missing. I‘ve been burned before and definitely learned my lesson and now never purchase things on eBay that are sent using eBay’s own shipping unless the price is negligible.

That said, I did once have an item turn up 3 months later after being lost in this way.

I really am sorry you lost such a pretty piece and hope you are able to find another decently priced one soon.
I will keep an eye out for something similar. I’ve come across a few pieces like that before whilst browsing Etsy and eBay.

Daze

Rough_Rock
Also I highly recommend taking a look at Antique/Vintage jewellery sellers on Instagram, if you haven’t already.
It’s a treasure throve of beauties over there, they don’t use rubbish couriers and you can often find a better deal as they don’t have to pay eBay sellers fees.

Keep your chin up lovely, as I said, this happens to the best of us!

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I see. I had never heard of Pitney Bowes.
I’m not sure where you are based, but here in the UK using EBay’s own courier service is known to be a nightmare. The only time I’ve ever had things go missing is when a seller uses the eBay shipping service rather than Royal Mail or similar.
It’s really naff and shocking how often things go missing. I‘ve been burned before and definitely learned my lesson and now never purchase things on eBay that are sent using eBay’s own shipping unless the price is negligible.

That said, I did once have an item turn up 3 months later after being lost in this way.

I really am sorry you lost such a pretty piece and hope you are able to find another decently priced one soon.
I will keep an eye out for something similar. I’ve come across a few pieces like that before whilst browsing Etsy and eBay.

@Daze , I'm the US and the seller is in the UK. I think they are all using the ebay shipping service now. And thank you so much for the offer, I really appreciate it.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Daze , I'm the US and the seller is in the UK. I think they are all using the ebay shipping service now. And thank you so much for the offer, I really appreciate it.

The same thing just happened to me! The ring I ordered reached the UK Ebay Global Priority center and then vanished into thin air.

Your piece looks so special! I hope it turns up.

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
I’m so sorry—such a beautiful and special piece. Here’s to it surfacing and getting to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results