shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m so bummed - no pics of ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,

I've been waiting for weeks to see what my ring looks like and now I don't even get to see the completed ring before pickup tomorrow! I am just so bummed!!!
7.gif
It's just so hard to wait another day - I wanted to see pics of the ring first to make sure it matches the photos and descriptions I had requested before actually receiving it! DARN IT!!!
39.gif

I'm sure you gals know how that feel... the wait, the anticipation and now ONE MORE DAY of WAITING!!!
14.gif

My ring was the one that had the X-factor as a center stone. I had posted pics of the diamond, idealscope & aset image to make sure it was a good diamond.

I will definitely take pictures when I get the ring tomorrow. I don't even want to go into work tomorrow, I just want to be at FED EX's doorstep right when they open at 8am tomorrow.
I think it might have been sent to my work email by mistake instead of my personal one.

*sigh* Patience is definitely not a virtue of mine!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 8:27:19 PM
Author:Silverkae
Hey Everyone,

I''ve been waiting for weeks to see what my ring looks like and now I don''t even get to see the completed ring before pickup tomorrow! I am just so bummed!!!
7.gif
It''s just so hard to wait another day - I wanted to see pics of the ring first to make sure it matches the photos and descriptions I had requested before actually receiving it! DARN IT!!!
39.gif

I''m sure you gals know how that feel... the wait, the anticipation and now ONE MORE DAY of WAITING!!!
14.gif

My ring was the one that had the X-factor as a center stone. I had posted pics of the diamond, idealscope & aset image to make sure it was a good diamond.

I will definitely take pictures when I get the ring tomorrow. I don''t even want to go into work tomorrow, I just want to be at FED EX''s doorstep right when they open at 8am tomorrow.I think it might have been sent to my work email by mistake instead of my personal one.

*sigh* Patience is definitely not a virtue of mine!
You can always call in sick!
12.gif
9.gif

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
That was exactly what I was thinking. I need to talk to my FI first because we wanted to pick it up together and I will need to let my supervisor know tonight before she leaves work so she won''t expect me tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
chanting... ''CALL IN SICK, CALL IN SICK, CALL IN SICK'' !!!
9.gif

a

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I don''t think you feel well, do you?
11.gif

I cannot WAIT to hear about this stone and your thoughts!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did I just hear a cough, a sneeze??
40.gif
Oh my you aren''t feeling well are you?? LOL!!!!
31.gif

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
Yippee!!!
36.gif
I finally got the pics! Bob came thru for me and resent them to my personal account. Unfortunately, I''m having difficulities with uploading them because I don''t know how to resize the pics on my Mac (laptop) - it''s an IBook. I bought the thing for school and mostly used it for essays and papers, never really used it after I had graduated 3 years ago. Anyhow, I will try to get some pics in here as soon as I figure out how to work this darn computer.

For now, I will repost the specs & link of the diamond & ring.

http://www.whiteflash.com/xfactor/XFactor-cut-diamond-19.htm

. Shape: XFactor
. Carat: 0.805
. Depth %: 70.9
. Table %: 68.3
. Crown Angle: 31
. Crown %: 10
. Pavilion Angle: 55.5
. Pavilion %: 58.3
. Girdle: Thin to Ext-Thk
. Measurements: 5.35-5.20X3.69
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Setting Ordered: Platinum ring in size 5 to hold the above diamond and containing 60 aca melee diamonds ranging in size from 1.1-1.3mm

The melee diamonds will be set only half way around (half eternity)

Do you think the melees are too small?

I''ve never questioned the size of the melees before but I''ve read posts on melee sizes while waiting for the ring to be completed, and now I''m a little concerned. Kinda too late since the ring is completed, but what do you guys think?

Thanks for everyone''s support! I will get my baby tomorrow! yay!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here ya go! (better than nothing)

xfactor1.jpg

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen. I miss the pc
8.gif
(it''s being repaired right now), it was my fiance and he had every software imaginable on it. I will try again when we get the PC back. Now I''m just bummed about not being to upload the pics.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you can email pics to PS admin

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
testing...rendering pics

renders2.jpg

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
Looks like the trick my friend mentioned worked!! Here are the rest of the rendering pics.

renders1.jpg

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
last rendering pic

renders3.jpg

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
The was images

wax images alter.jpg

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
*drum roll* And finally the completed ring!
6.gif

completed ring.jpg

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
This wedding band was how I had envisioned the melees should be set. Does the ring look like that? My original inspiration was a dimend scaasi eternity style ring (http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1AA6)- unfortunately I had to have the ring custom made because I like the diamond from Whiteflash and I wanted half eternity - fit by budget.

I would love everyone''s feedback and response to my questions!

Thanks. If it weren''t for this forum I still would be wishing for a pretty new sparkly but never would actually get one made or bought one from an online vendor.

Once I get the actual ring tomorrow, I will keep everyone updated on the pics and my reaction to it in person!

Thanks to Pricescop, Dimend Scaasi, Whiteflash and Bob!

melees.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, your ring is so gorgeous!!! Love every aspect of it. Can''t wait for the hand pics. You must be soooo excited!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! and gorgeous ring. Can''t wait to see hand shots. WF never disappoints!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
It looks incredible!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Cannot WAIT to see pics of it on your hand!!!!
9.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wowza!!! that looks yummo, and I love the band. Can''t wait to see it ''in the flesh''!

a

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG the ring is stunning...and that stone is WOW!!!! The stone is phenomenal. Beautiful piece!!

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone! I''m NOT bummed anymore! I rec''d my ring today and it''s GORGEOUS!!! I will take hand shots as soon as I buy a digital camera. Can you believe that I don''t own one yet? Even my parents, technological dinosaurs as they are, owns a couple digital cameras. My fiance is getting me one for my birthday next month but I don''t know if I can wait that long since I am so in love with this ring
30.gif
I want to take pics of it now and share. Once I take hand shots and other creative pics of it, I will post them on SMTR.

I want to thank everyone again and Pricescope. Whiteflash did an excellent job and all the knowledge gained from this site truly helped me to get my dream ring!
30.gif
It is so sparkly and white - I couldn''t tell it was "I" color!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get that camera tomorrow!
9.gif

36.gif

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
Ellen - you crack me up!
9.gif
I did skip work today and I was able to pick up the ring and my fiance got to see it to before he went to work. He loves it and I love it! It''s just perfect. My sisters and parents have already seen it but I''m afraid to show it to his parents because they have seen the original e-ring. His mom constantly asks me why I never wear the other one and it''s because I wasn''t in love with that ring. Thanksgiving is next week and I''m thinking of taking it off so his mom won''t see it. Should I just wear my ring and hope she doesn''t notice? I don''t want to have to tell her I wasn''t in love with the original e-ring her son got me. I do feel a twinge of guilt for getting this new ring.
40.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It''s just beautiful! Yeah, you''ll have to get a camera immediately! I got my Canon SD600 from www.newegg.com.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, Gor-GE-ous!!!

The X Factor-- I''ve never seen one. Looks like a cross between a cut corner princess and a radiant, the cut looks amazing.
30.gif
Just GOR-GE-OUS!!!!!!
30.gif

Can''t wait to see real life pictures of it on your hand, in a flower, on the table, on a CD, in the sun, in the shade.... well, you get the idea. Take pictures of it everywhere and on everything!!!!

That is some ring!!!
30.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
WOWza! I love it! This the the first set X-factor I''ve seen here on PS! Saw one loose IRL at WF a few months back and it was gorgeous. Looks perfect in the setting! Hand shots are a must!!!

Silverkae

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone. My ring is a little loose. About half a size bigger than requested. I have this ring sizer at home that says I''m a size 5 but my ring measures to about a 5 1/2. I''m concern because it feels it will fall out. I like my ring to be slightly snug. Should I send it back and have it resize down half or 1/4 a size smaller?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2006 8:34:43 PM
Author: Silverkae
Ellen - you crack me up!
9.gif
I did skip work today and I was able to pick up the ring and my fiance got to see it to before he went to work. He loves it and I love it! It''s just perfect. My sisters and parents have already seen it but I''m afraid to show it to his parents because they have seen the original e-ring. His mom constantly asks me why I never wear the other one and it''s because I wasn''t in love with that ring. Thanksgiving is next week and I''m thinking of taking it off so his mom won''t see it. Should I just wear my ring and hope she doesn''t notice? I don''t want to have to tell her I wasn''t in love with the original e-ring her son got me. I do feel a twinge of guilt for getting this new ring.
40.gif
Honestly? I would face this situation head on. You are going to be wearing this ring for a very long time, and you want to wear it proudly. If it were me, I''d call her first (soften the blow) and just politely tell her the truth, what you just told us here. You simply weren''t in love with the other ring, and you feel that''s important since you''re going to be wearing it forever. She may very well understand, but, even if she doesn''t, it''s out in the open and you can wear your ring instead of hiding it. And don''t feel guilty, Erings are a very personal thing.
2.gif

If you requested a 5 and they made it bigger, I''d have it resized. Just remember, in the summer our fingers swell, and it will definitely fit tighter than it does right now.

I really can''t wait to see pics of your ring!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations on a completed gorgeous ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results