shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m ruined!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
This forum has forever ruined me from being able to shop at jewelry stores! lol Went out this afternoon and hit a couple of jewelers hoping to see some settings for earrings. My garnets will be here Monday and I was hoping to find something like those dreamy WF earrings diamondseeker recommended in my earlier post. It might be different in a bigger town, but man what a load of crap I saw today. What is sad is that I used to think ( pre pricescope) that this stuff was great and must have. I am not just talking about the settings and earrings, I of course browsed everything in the store while I was there. Some of you guys who really know what you are doing would probably have had a stroke. Geez how sad that there are so few people who actually know what is out there, and what can be had for the bucks they are spending! Thanks again all of you!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
I can so relate to that comment. now, I am just astounded at what is for sale in the "average" b&m shop.

d2b

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Me too! What GARBAGE!! I saw some 2ct frozen spit solitaire "ON SALE" 75% off for $10K.
UMMMM..... NO THANKS!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Now I am really worried.I have seen some garnet ( looks good to my eye???) Who knows maybe its also a crap??? that looks good?
How do I know? with colored stones?
Any suggestions??

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 4:10:14 PM
Author: scarleta
Now I am really worried.I have seen some garnet ( looks good to my eye???) Who knows maybe its also a crap??? that looks good?
How do I know? with colored stones?
Any suggestions??
I'm afraid it's like learning everything - experience, comparing, looking at everything and working out why one is better than another.

There used to be a thread at the top of this page with book recommendations (where did it go????) - I found lots of the books very helpful. You can also post pictures here and ask for honest opinions.

With coloured stones there is no instant crib sheet - diamonds are a much easier game.

Sorry!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t buy anything at a B&M store now. Its ruined for me too!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 5:44:21 PM
Author: Maisie
I couldn''t buy anything at a B&M store now. Its ruined for me too!

DITTO!!!!! I am so happy that I found Pricescope
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Tropic- you''re officially a pricescoper
36.gif
3.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 7:05:10 PM
Author: icekid
Tropic- you''re officially a pricescoper
36.gif
3.gif

Ditto that! I can totally relate. My friend told me about this "fabulous" pendant with L colour, I2 diamonds that he bought off online auctions for his girlfriend and even recommended that I get one too since I love diamonds! I was so eeked when I saw the online picture. I can only imagine how "fabulous" it''ll look IRL...
14.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, the dangers of developing an eye for color is to become a color stone snob.

movie zombie

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree for the most part, but i have to say a couple of stores near me are really awesome! They have very high end jewelry for reasonable prices and i especially love those that buy and sell antique or estate pieces
30.gif

**but i will say that i am certainly not looking at 2 ct diamonds (or any diamonds really) when i am there, so i am sure that would be a whole different world!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree I have become more picky on what I buy but I do still like to look. Rarely do I find anything I want at the mall.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 8:46:56 PM
Author: marcyc
I agree I have become more picky on what I buy but I do still like to look. Rarely do I find anything I want at the mall.
Oh, i''m sorry...i must have misunderstood the original post.

I thought the OP said she was ruined regarding all "jewelry stores." I didn''t realize that it meant jewelery stores at the mall...i don''t live near a mall!!!! All we have are independent, small jewelry stores near me, some of which i love and some of which i don''t love...i apologize for misunderstanding
emembarrassed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results