shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m picking out a ring. Care to offer advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cwcain

Rough_Rock
Wanted to add that it scores a 1 TIC with the AGS numbers and a 1.4 TIC with the average Sarin numbers

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Are you still going with a James Allen setting? Or did you find one from Whiteflash?

cwcain

Rough_Rock
Chris from WF is in the process of finding me a setting. He is a joy to deal with.
If I can''t find anything from White flash, I''ll a) buy the james allen and see if WF will set if for me or b) purchase the stone and have it set locally with either the JA setting or one i find locally.

silverbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:48:46 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/18/2009 11:10:08 PM
Author: cwcain
I ask because I ''search by cut'' and find these diamonds with excellent across the board but when I look at the idealscope it looks white around the crown. Is this just an example of why you have to look at the Cut analyzer and the ideal scope or is this just a poor quality picture (James Allen)?
The cut advisor isn''t used for selection, the aim is to score below 2 then evaluate from there. Its use is limited especially if you have Idealscope images. I would need an image to know exactly what you are seeing but it sounds to me like intentional controlled leakage if it is little white almost triangular shapes which appear at regular intervals around the crown. This is a cutting technique which can help desirable visual properties. But if you have a particular image you have in mind, post it or point me to it and I can take a look for you and explain.
Lorelei, when you say the aim is to score below 2, does that mean 2.0 or less? Or is anything in the 2.X range excellent too? By the way, thanks for your input on my other post about the 1.61 diamond I''m looking at.

cwcain

Rough_Rock
18 WG or 950IR Platinum?

The platinum isn''t that much more expensive. It is 950 with irridium. Should I just stick with white gold? Or is the small price difference worth it? The platinum puts me over budget by 300 which is no big deal for me at all.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:30:37 AM
18 WG or 950IR Platinum?

The platinum isn''t that much more expensive. It is 950 with irridium. Should I just stick with white gold? Or is the small price difference worth it? The platinum puts me over budget by 300 which is no big deal for me at all.
I think you just answered your own question.
Go for the plat.

Kat

cwcain

Rough_Rock
Well it is platinum but I''m concerned that it isn''t a "good platinum"

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 8:35:21 PM
Author: silverbuggy

Date: 2/19/2009 4:48:46 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/18/2009 11:10:08 PM
I ask because I 'search by cut' and find these diamonds with excellent across the board but when I look at the idealscope it looks white around the crown. Is this just an example of why you have to look at the Cut analyzer and the ideal scope or is this just a poor quality picture (James Allen)?
The cut advisor isn't used for selection, the aim is to score below 2 then evaluate from there. Its use is limited especially if you have Idealscope images. I would need an image to know exactly what you are seeing but it sounds to me like intentional controlled leakage if it is little white almost triangular shapes which appear at regular intervals around the crown. This is a cutting technique which can help desirable visual properties. But if you have a particular image you have in mind, post it or point me to it and I can take a look for you and explain.
Lorelei, when you say the aim is to score below 2, does that mean 2.0 or less? Or is anything in the 2.X range excellent too? By the way, thanks for your input on my other post about the 1.61 diamond I'm looking at.
Generally the aim is to score below 2, an actual 2 scorer can be fine. Diamonds which score over 2 can also be candidates if they have top symmetry and you have ASET or Idealscope images also.

And you are most welcome, glad to help!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:30:18 PM
Well it is platinum but I''m concerned that it isn''t a ''good platinum''
Hmmm, good point. I''m not well-versed in Platinum (my set is WG, BTW) but there are others that are...maybe they can chime in and help you out...

Good Luck with whatever you choose
9.gif

Kat

cwcain

Rough_Rock
bump back up to the first page.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I will chime in only to say that if I were looking for a ring, I wouldn''t hesitate to go with JA. Having recently purchased a stone for them for a RHR project, I was very impressed by their service!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results