shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm OFFICALLY rejoining the ranks!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
To make a long story very short my wedding day 6.5 years ago was horrible. While it was a lovely day mid winter at a great B&B up in New England the crazyiness of family, a military husband and a very unhappy MOH and MOB realy ruined everything. I pretty much cried about everything. DH and I really wanted to elope to Europe and have a private ceremony just us. Because I'm the only girl in my family and he is an only child it just never happened.

So fast forward 6.5 years later. We are now moving to Europe with our 2 kids. DH brought up the idea of finally doing our dream ceremony. We have been semi serious about it for a little while but now that we are moving there we are kicking it up into high gear.

Anyhow my vision:
Just me, DH and are 2 kids in a castle garden ceremony. Running around the place with our photographer. We will have cake and flowers but besides that no real thrills. We just want it to be about our little family.

While I adore Jenny Packham dresses I'm a bit more "shapely" then they allow so I ended up going with a Vera Wang dress for structure and support. I really wanted it in blush as this is not my first rodeo but found an amazing deal on a white one instead. I might try to dye it but I'm not sure how fearless I am with that one just yet.

Found a beautiful flower girl dress on pinterest but can't seem to find how to buy it anywhere :blackeye: so I think I might go with something close from Etsy. The front will need to be changed around.

For flowers I thought I would either do some cabbage roses or fabric flowers. There is something so beautiful and vitage about them.

Ekkk anyhow i'm really excited to renew my vows so please excuse my long rambling post....I don't think I was this excited the first time round!

verawang.jpg

_12012.jpg

flower_girl_dress.jpg

_12013.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAY! SB I'm SO excited for you and your DH getting a chance at a "do-over"! :appl:

Those dresses are GORGEOUS...you'll be STUNNING in that Vera and your DD will be so adorable in all that tulle!

And I must've missed your post on FINALLY getting your orders...may I ask where you'll be stationed and when you'll be headed overseas?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful dresses :love: :love: :love: :love:

Congratulations! Your renewal will be amazing!

One suggestion with your pictures though -- Make sure to set aside a little time for just you & your DH with the photographer. Some of my favorite pictures came from the time we had alone with her where we got to really relax.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Have you chosen a date yet?

For your flower girl dress, have you considered Jasmine's? They're big on the wedding bee, and make dresses from custom measurements and pictures. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting my dress from them-- they're extremely affordable. Your daughter would be SO ADORBLE in such a poofy dress!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Aw so exciting that you are going all out for your dream wedding on your vow renewal. I'd love to hear more vow renewal stories on here!! Your VW dress looks gorgeous, as does the flower girl dress (inspiration and the real thing). Are you going to be having your vow renewal after you move to Europe or before the big move?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That's a beautiful gown. If you were to dye it, would you dye the whole garment or just the bottom (like a gradient blush)?

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You deserve to have your dream day and I hope it exceeds your vision. I love the dresses and the pic of the bouquet is gorgeous!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I'm also planning a vow renewal for next year! I love that dress you've chosen.

DH and I actually visited here when we were in Ireland in 2011 and it was amazing, and we said we were coming back here to do a vow renewal someday. I'm not sure where you'll be in Europe, but this place is a castle garden and has a very quaint chapel.

http://www.coolcarrigan.ie/index.asp

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How exciting! I hope that this wedding is all you could ever dream for! Can't wait for more details!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1384658735|3557852 said:
YAY! SB I'm SO excited for you and your DH getting a chance at a "do-over"! :appl:

Those dresses are GORGEOUS...you'll be STUNNING in that Vera and your DD will be so adorable in all that tulle!

And I must've missed your post on FINALLY getting your orders...may I ask where you'll be stationed and when you'll be headed overseas?

Thanks V! Yes we finally got orders about 3 weeks ago. And we are moving late Jan/ early Feb. We will be in the tri country area of Germany (nestled next to Beligum and the Netherlands). So we could actually live in any of those 3 countries because they are all 1 minutes apart. Should be very exciting! We can't wait to start to travel.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TP I will defintely keep that in mind!

madelise|1384717170|3558094 said:

For your flower girl dress, have you considered Jasmine's? They're big on the wedding bee, and make dresses from custom measurements and pictures. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting my dress from them-- they're extremely affordable. Your daughter would be SO ADORBLE in such a poofy dress!!

No date yet as we really want to look around at some of the castles in our area and see if any of them are what we are going for. If not then we will probably expand to Ireland/ England, Italy or France. We also will probably have trouble doing the whole date thing because I never really know where my DH will be. Our anniversary will be the week after we get to Europe so we will probably just aim for the summer or next winter. I don't think I need to renew my vows on my actual wedding date. We are military so flexiblity is always key.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
SB621|1385039848|3560446 said:
Thanks TP I will defintely keep that in mind!

madelise|1384717170|3558094 said:

No date yet as we really want to look around at some of the castles in our area and see if any of them are what we are going for. If not then we will probably expand to Ireland/ England, Italy or France. We also will probably have trouble doing the whole date thing because I never really know where my DH will be. Our anniversary will be the week after we get to Europe so we will probably just aim for the summer or next winter. I don't think I need to renew my vows on my actual wedding date. We are military so flexiblity is always key.

SB! The castle idea sounds so dreamy! I recently had a friend go to paris on her honeymoon, and they ran around taking awesome photos with their photographer. It looked AMAZING. I can't even imagine what you could think up with a castle. My brain is on overdrive

SB621

Ideal_Rock
well quick update. I bought the dress. I went to a brides for breast cancer type of event and they had one there in my size in white. I wanted it in pink/ blush color but for half price plus supporting a charity I believe in I was fine it. Problem is you couldn't try on the dress. When I got home the dress fit perfect but I look a little cupcake in it. It is less etheral looking in real life and more ball gown....definitely not what I wanted at all.

There are a few alternations being done on it this week. I'm hoping by adding a corset the fit will be more slimming on me. I think we will also take some of the tulle out so it will lay a bit flatter.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love what you are planning! I can't wait to see where you decide to have your renewal. We are also military. My husband is in the Royal Air Force and we are struggling to plan a date to renew our vows. We don't know where we will be as he is going through selection to become an officer. If he is successful we could be posted anywhere in the world!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1388763915|3585507 said:
I love what you are planning! I can't wait to see where you decide to have your renewal. We are also military. My husband is in the Royal Air Force and we are struggling to plan a date to renew our vows. We don't know where we will be as he is going through selection to become an officer. If he is successful we could be posted anywhere in the world!

Hey Maisie! It is always great to see another military person or spouse on PS! :wavey: I'll keep my fingers crossed for your DH. Is there a particular place you are hoping to go? We have been overseas before for an assisgnment in Japan. We prefer to stay overseas as we love to travel.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to go somewhere hot! I hate the British weather! We could go to Cyprus but people who've been posted there say it's not that great - even though the weather is. I have lived in Germany before (4 years) and really liked it. I'm not sure that RAF are being posted there anymore though. I love moving around. After a couple of years I'm ready for something new!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
A castle garden vowel renewal sounds just perfect!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results