shape
carat
color
clarity

I''''m not happy my WF ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I received a picture of my WF ring but I''m not happy with the setting
39.gif
I think it''s set too high. What do you guys think? In the 1st pic it also looks like the radiant diamond is not set straight...as if it''s tilting more to the right. Do you see it too or am I going crazy!!!
40.gif

WFring.jpg

I''m comparing it to the DVatché x-prong setting...I wanted the prongs to be more curved and diamond set lower. Do you see what I mean?

compring.jpg

Is there anything else you think I should change? I''m a bit crushed because I was hoping to fall in love with it when I got the picture
7.gif
Anyways I''m pretty sure WF will be able to fix it.

Here are the specs on my ring (x-prong in platinum):

1.27ct
E/SI1
Depth 654%
Table 64%
Girdle Slightly Thick to Thick (Sarin indicated it was Medium)
Culet None
Pol VG
Sym G
Fluor Strong Blue
6.49*6.1*3.99
ring size 2.75

thanks,
Radiantlover

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally like it that high but you have to wear it so I can see what you mean about the stone seeming high. The DVatche photo you posted isn't the same "shot" as the WF one, it's more top down than straight on. They might be set identically but the DVatche art might make you think it's lower.

BUT I do agree it looks off. I think the bottom right prong is the one that's throwing the visual.

Call them ASAP. I think they open at 9. You can send it back and get that fixed. But with the storm coming and potentially hitting them, you might be in for a wait of at least a week, if not 2.

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
You write that you have received a picture of the ring...meaning, you haven''t physically been given the ring.

Yes ! Compared to the original vatche setting, you are right. It is too high.

I cannot say as to whether or not the diamond is crooked.

Your ring, your money, your preference. Moreover, it''s not as if you have already accepted the ring and are not returning with a complaint....Althought, had you been shown the wax before ? If so, you had to have agreed to the setting and, now that the ring has been made, don''t know if you would have much of an argument.

Good luck.

Paul

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
It''s a beautiful diamond and a beautiful setting...however, I do agree that it looks crooked. It looks like it sticks out slightly more on the bottom right. However, I don''t think it looks too high. Let us know how it turns out.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has it shipped? If not you can have them tweak it.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Ame -I just send an email to Bob and hopefully he calls me when he gets in (it's not 9am in Texas yet).

Paul -correct I have not received it yet. This was not a custom made ring. I ordered their x-prong setting based on the picture they have posted on their website...and the picture on their site is of the DVatché ring.

Thanks for your feedback!

Radiantlover

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the first pic it does look tilted. You are not crazy. Good luck and let us know what they say.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id call now because they might answer.

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
This was not a custom made ring AND you had ordered based on pictures WF posted.

You should pay for what you expected to receive. It is unanimous, we all agree that the pics (what was presented compared to what you are expected to receive) do not match.

Legally, you are within you rights. Consequently, you should expect to receive exactly what was presented and for which you have agreed to purchase.

Stand your ground. Moreover, the fact that you are making attempts to contact them prior to reception of the ring reinforces your position.

Paul

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your feedback!
36.gif

Paul -I don''t think I''ll have any problems having the setting changed...from what I''ve read on PS, WF is a very good company and will always try to make their customers happy. That''s one of the main reasons I decided to go with them! I hope my post didn''t come across like that...but thanks for the support!
28.gif

radiantlover

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you are not happy with the ring. I have to say that it bothers me somewhat when you click on the link for their version that the picture that pops up is of another makers ring.
7.gif
I also think that WF ought to have looked at the ring prior to taking pictures. Why didnt they notice that the stone was not set properly.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure WF will address all your concerns! Keep us updated!

s95

Shiny_Rock
I can see what you mean about the tilting, but I will tell you that I had the same impression with mine when I got the pictures but waited it out and when I got it, it was just fine.

I guess if I stare really hard, I sometimes see a little difference in one of the prongs, but it doesn''t bother me. What I found was that the picture is so magnified that every little detail looks exaggerated. I love the ring setting that you chose, though. It''s gorgeous.

You''ll have to wear it, so I know that it''s hard to accept anything but perfection when you are investing so much time and money into the process.

I hope everything works out!!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you talked to them? I think it''s 11 am in Texas now. The crooked thing could just be a function of the camera angle and not really the ring...something someone could solve by looking at the ring for you.

Your problem with how wide the prongs swing out could be alleviated by setting the stone lower, which would force the "swoop" of the prong metal to be wider.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone is beautiful! Let us know how the alterations go.

Congrats!

Lori
21.gif

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
I spoke to Bob a couple of hours ago and he will let me know if they can lower the diamond when the diamond setter comes in the office. He will also verify if the diamond is crooked or if it''s just how the picture was taken. I really hope they can fix it!

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Me again.

I am not worried as to whether or not they can fix it. You shouldn''t either.
The pictures do not match.
You purchased for what you saw...before it was made.

It''s Bob''s problem. Not yours anymore.

So, yes they will fix it or make another...whatever they want to call it.

Ya I know. I am pushy....Sorry.

Paul

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Radiant!

Hugs! It''s going to be ok. I do think the center looks a bit off, but I''m sure WF will fix it before they ship it to you. It''s hard to tell from the photos if it''s higher or not, the tilt of it might account for the d-vatch one looking lower. Let us know how it goes!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s hard to tell from the pics whether or not the setting is off.

iceberg,
radiantlover didn''t get the d''vatche setting she posted, she was just comparing them, so yes, they do look different.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered my ring from Whiteflash. Brian sent me photos of the ring before it was sent out. I felt the stone was set too high. I spoke with Brian and he had the stone lowered in the setting and sent new photos within a few hours.
The problem was corrected and it is perfect now. I am sure they will want you to be a happy customer. They have a great reputation and wil want to do their best to satisfy you.
Also I think the prongs will appear more curved if the stone can be set lower. Did you contact Whiteflash before you posted? I am curious to know what they said.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
My pictures looked a little crazy, and I was really nervous! But, in person it was beautiful and perfect! Those magnified pics are so evil....

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Compared to the pics on their site, you''re right, it looks considerably higher. I''m sure they will fix it for you.

Congrats on your ring. I love the x-prong setting and your stone. GORGEOUS!
30.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
From what I can see in the pics, the basket where the stone sits in is probably too small and therefore it pushed the stone upward. and that led to a less curvey prong design.

No worries, Radiant... they should be able to fix it for you. Let us know how it turns out......

Good luck...!!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2005 1:04:20 PM
Author: belle
it''s hard to tell from the pics whether or not the setting is off.

iceberg,
radiantlover didn''t get the d''vatche setting she posted, she was just comparing them, so yes, they do look different.
But whiteflash uses that exact picture on their website, if you click the zoom feature you get that picture with D''vatche on the inside.

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Thank you Matatora. : )

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It''s likely just linked incorrectly.

It''s great that everyone''s responsive and all, but it''s a bit premature to be getting all ADAMANT just yet. Like many other vendors here, WF has a reputation for customer satisfaction, so all the "you haven''t taken possession of it yet" and similar legalese is just a bit overkill at this point.

Breathe......
9.gif
. Call them, and express your concerns, and I''m sure they''ll do everything they can to make you happy. You won''t have to threaten them or get hyper to get cooperation; they just aren''t that kind of people. They stand behind their work because their name is on it. To them, that''s more valuable than anything.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually it is higher than the DV but I really like it! I have to say that when I first got my custom ring from another vendor I thought it was set too high but I quickly got used to it and now I love it. It makes the diamond look bigger and I don''t knock it even though I thought I would. So anyway just another perspective re: too high or low head. Lastly, do you plan to have a w-ring sit flush? If so, that may be the reason for a higher head?

Secondly, I agree with the others who say don''t worry they can fix it...it''s just a matter of getting it where you want it to be. Oh yes and those magnified pictures are SO easy to become paranoid over. In reality, pictures can be misleading esp in terms of angles, crooked prongs, etc etc.

Good luck and the picture looks stunning so far!!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with everyone that you should get what you pay for. Although I can''t help but wonder if the x prong is actually making the stone appear tilted when its not?? I hope that you get everything taken care of regardless.
18.gif
It really is a beautiful ring. Keep us posted.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the update I got from Bob...they plan on re-doing the setting and will ensure that the diamond is set straight. They will also ensure that the diamond is set lower and the prongs are curved.
36.gif
36.gif
He even asked me if I wanted the DVatché x-prong setting because he can get it for me (I wasn''t aware they can do that)...but I told him that I couldn''t care less as long as it looks exactly like it.

They will be losing power soon so Bob doesn''t know when it will be ready. Most people have left and heading up North and he even told me some are flying to NYC! Anyways he didn''t seem worried at all.
32.gif

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback!!!

I''ll keep you posted if I get any news.

radiantlover

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It will be awesome - and I''m sure just what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results