shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m not being SO unreasonable... right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorkitty, you point out that Valentine''s Day is come up, and your birthday and anniversary and soon after that. Would your husband be amenable to the idea of having "fund" where instead of him spending $ on things for special occasions $ could instead be contributed to the fund and when you get to the amount that you need you could buy the ring?

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
What I''m going to do is take the money I earn, which my husband has no interest in, and buy the occasional piece I want. Nothing as close to extravagant as a diamond ring, but it''ll be nice to have something to wear that I can look at and think "I earned this" instead of relying him to buy me everything.

Another possibility is that it would not be out of my husband''s character to say no to surprise me later. I don''t know how probable it is, but it''s possible.

I''m going to let the diamonds thing go and live vicariously through PS members!
9.gif
I''ll revisit the topic with him next year. Thanks for the advice.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 8:24:34 AM
Author: colorkitty
What I''m going to do is take the money I earn, which my husband has no interest in, and buy the occasional piece I want. Nothing as close to extravagant as a diamond ring, but it''ll be nice to have something to wear that I can look at and think ''I earned this'' instead of relying him to buy me everything.

Another possibility is that it would not be out of my husband''s character to say no to surprise me later. I don''t know how probable it is, but it''s possible.

I''m going to let the diamonds thing go and live vicariously through PS members!
9.gif
I''ll revisit the topic with him next year. Thanks for the advice.
I''d save up and get exactly what you want, even if while you''re saving you realize you only wanted 1/2 carat because that''s all you hoped you would get from him - not saying youw ant more than that... just saying that it will be your money your choice. And wear it on your right hand - it''ll be the ring from you to you that says "I love myself" :)

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
IMO it might be easier to have a budget for spending money rather than the $50 rule. That way if you buy something its out of a pre-defined budget. It would also get your husband used to not pre-approving every little purchase. I know its how you do things in your relationship but I think with a six figure income $50 is a low limit and its less stressful on a relationship to just set a monthly/annual budget instead. This is just my opinion.

I also think its a great idea to save up for some things yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results