shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m new, here are my Pretties

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
HI everyone,
I just joined earlier this week and I promised that I would post pics of a few of my favorite rings. My bf had to help me take pics because I am an idiot when it comes to electronic things. I''m not engaged yet so I guess I should post in ladies in waiting, but for now....here goes.

long-antique-ring-angle-profile-small.jpg

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
I got this at an antique show in Atlanta:

long-antique-ring-back-profile-small.jpg

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Here it is on my hand:

long-antique-ring-hand-small.jpg

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
My 3 row micro-pave rounded band I got at the antique show in Atlanta

eternity-ring-front-profile-small.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope. I love your ring.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to add that both rings so far are platinum and this one is a full eternity.

eternity-ring-hand-small.jpg

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
This one is my absolute favorite. My BF gave it to me as our one year anniversary gift. I think it's about 0.3 ct K-L in color, OEC (I think) in white gold. Clarity is low but the sparkles it gives off in all sorts of light is amazing. It's a peachy color sometimes and totally faces up white at other times. It's hard to describe but I love it. It's even got some sort of cursive engraving on the inside of the ring that is so rubbed off, I can't read it, but I love that there is a mysterious history behind it.

marks-ring-front-profile-small.jpg

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
The angle profile shot:

marks-ring-angle-profile-small.jpg

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Top profile: Check out the detail on the gallery (Is that what it''s called?)

marks-ring-top-profile-small.jpg

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
the requisite hand shot

marks-ring-hand-small.jpg

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
ok, sorry i''ve bogged you all down with pics. Here''s the last one, I promise. This is a reproduction ring I got as a graduation gift years and years ago but I thought it was worth it to put up. Thank you everyone for playing. This is so fun!
36.gif

reproduction-front-profile-small.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! But my real question- how do you take such professional photos?!?!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope
35.gif
. Looks like you really like antique styles! You''ll have lots of company here! You have
a lovely collection!

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Icekid! My Bf is a genius when it comes to picture taking and computers. I just bought him a Nikon D90 SLR for Christmas and he''s been having a blast with it. I would never be able to take such good pics.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, welcome to PS!
35.gif
I love your vintage pieces!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Rose!

Your pics look extremely professional, you have beautiful pieces! I have to say the cat in your avatar is gorgeous, is he or she yours???

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Yes, the pic on my Avatar is actually our kitty. Norma Jean was a "found-by" kitten that I fostered since she was 4 weeks old, but my BF really didn''t want to give her back, so now she''s ours. (we failed as foster parents) I think she''s either a himalayan (her nose is too long though) or a red factor Birman (but no white toes). Either way, she''s great! The pic is another one of my BF''s master-peices. I don''t think I can actually show you any of my own pics now
28.gif
. You might just laugh!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 3:53:35 PM
Author: Rose-E
Yes, the pic on my Avatar is actually our kitty. Norma Jean was a ''found-by'' kitten that I fostered since she was 4 weeks old, but my BF really didn''t want to give her back, so now she''s ours. (we failed as foster parents) I think she''s either a himalayan (her nose is too long though) or a red factor Birman (but no white toes). Either way, she''s great! The pic is another one of my BF''s master-peices. I don''t think I can actually show you any of my own pics now
28.gif
. You might just laugh!!!
Oh she is beautiful! I don''t blame you for not giving her back, I don''t think I could have either....What a fitting name Norma Jean!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty rings! What was used for the background when he took the photos?

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Rose-E

Thanks for sharing your vintage pieces! I love your OEC in that pretty setting!
My favorite is your kitty in your avatar!
6.gif
)
<-----------------------------------------

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS!
You have some beautiful pieces there!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such pretty rings, especially that last one! I love the detail. Nice looking cat too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS Rose-E.
35.gif

You have such gorgeous rings!! Great pics too. I love the OEC, such a pretty setting too. Love them all. Thanks for sharing them with us!!! Your kitty is beautiful too.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 3:17:49 PM
Author: Rose-E
This one is my absolute favorite. My BF gave it to me as our one year anniversary gift. I think it''s about 0.3 ct K-L in color, OEC (I think) in white gold. Clarity is low but the sparkles it gives off in all sorts of light is amazing. It''s a peachy color sometimes and totally faces up white at other times. It''s hard to describe but I love it. It''s even got some sort of cursive engraving on the inside of the ring that is so rubbed off, I can''t read it, but I love that there is a mysterious history behind it.

hi rose :)

welcome to pricescope!

love all your rings - but especially this little gem! it''s so dainty and gorgeous with so much style to it.

lucky girl!

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 4:01:52 PM
Author: Maisie
Very pretty rings! What was used for the background when he took the photos?

Thank you Maisie!! He made a 5 sided box with white construction board paper. He cut a hole at the top and put a light through. Then he had two more lights shine into the box from either side at the front opening. Then he layed a black sheet on construction paper into the box so that it layed on the bottom and up the back of the box. Then he placed a piece of glass on top of the black paper and placed my rings on top of the glass to take the pics. I think he used some photoshop program to get rid of any lint that showed up on the pic and Viola.

The idea came from Pricescope actually. It''s very similar to ...um....I''m sorry, I''m not good with names but someone took pics like this of his fiance''s GORGEOUS Van Creast ring a while back and sent pics of the box in his post.

Futurmrss

Rough_Rock
Beautiful rings! Have I seen you at Scott Antique Mall and never known it?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is absolutely gorgeous!!

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for all your complements. My collection really doesn''t compare with all of yours

(Kaleigh, I''ve been in love with your ring for a long time and finally got to try on her little sister yesterday for fun.....yes, my BF took me to Tiffany''s for some fun
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
)

Hopefully, one day, I will have something more amazing to share. But for now, I am so glad I found people who are as obsessed about jewelry as I am!!!

Rose

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, you have a beautiful collection!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I adore your collection.
everything is so beautiful and super unique.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results