Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m nervous...gonna buy this rock

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tau626

Rough_Rock
I''m gonna buy this rock this weekend...Do you think its worht $16,000...i''m pretty nervous..its a lot of money..the note makes me nervous...I haven''t seen it yet.

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report

Date of Issue: July 19, 2006

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 7.62 - 7.69 x 4.73 mmven''t

Carat Weight: 1.70

Color Grade: F

Clarity Grade: VS2

Cut Grade: Very Good

Proportions:

Depth: 61.8 %

Table: 57 %

Crown Angle: 34°

Crown Height: 14.5 %

Pavilion Angle: 41.4°

Pavilion Depth: 44 %

Star length: 50 %

Lower Half: 80 %

Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None
Cut grade affected by brillianteering.

Deal??????

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
That is a LOT of money to spend on a diamond whose cut is not the best. Where are you buying this diamond?
I think you could do a lot better. Have you considered buying online?

tau626

Rough_Rock
I''m gonna buy it from this local guy...I''ve checked online...similiar diamonds run 17000

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers are not great, special brillianteering may help.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 11:00:09 PM
Author: tau626
I''m gonna buy it from this local guy...I''ve checked online...similiar diamonds run 17000
An ideal cut diamond will look bigger and sparkle more than a bigger more poorly cut diamond. Also a well cut diamond will appear whiter allowing you to go down in color 1 grade and still get a great diamond. Also, if you drop a clarity grade and get an eye-clean SI1, you can get a larger diamond still. I would readily drop in color and clarity to get an ideally cut diamond.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 11:06:25 PM
Author: tau626
Really...I thought these were good numbers..its an ideal cut
"Ideal" is a word thrown around a lot . . . this isn''t ideally cut, it doesn''t even get the top cut grade for a GIA diamond. I don''t know enough about brillianteering to know how much it will help so I won''t comment on that but at $16,000 . . . I think you should consider getting a better cut diamond, IMHO

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not a GIA excellent, it wouldn't get AGS Ideal, and it's not ideal under HCA. If you see it and like it though, that's fine.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
In the end it only matters if you think it is beautiful BUT for myself I found that most of the diamonds I saw at the jewelers looked good and having a tight numbers of a true ideal diamond gave me the peace of mind that the diamond would be gorgeous in any lighting not just at the jewelry store. I also almost bought a diamond locally and though it was a beautiful diamond, I changed my mind at the last minute and bought a diamond with better numbers online and am SO happy that I did because it was more beautiful and I felt security in the numbers.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s an interesting (and very nice looking) prong set! Can we see a profile view?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.