shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m married!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melpla

Shiny_Rock
My wedding was yesterday afternoon, and everything went off without a hitch! I thought I would share some non-pro pics. I''m a bit weird about posting pictures of our faces online, but I''ve got some that show my dress, etc, without my face. The flowers turned out even better than I expected. We were married in my parents living room with about 16 people in attendance.

My parents have these great columns in their entryway, which we used as a focal point. We rented smaller columns to put the flowers on and used a gorgeous green garland up the big columns. It was a combo of two different garlands that were weaved together--ones was a very lacy fern like garland that I loved. I wish I could remember what the florist said they were called.

melpla wedding 2.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Another one of the big flower arrangements.

melpla wedding 3.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
We decorated the front porch with only the greenery. I had purchased a heart-shaped grapevine wreath, and we used the greenery on that for the door itself.

melpla wedding 5.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a shot of the fireplace.

melpla wedding 6.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a shot that shows the whole front entryway with the columns.

melpla wedding 7.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
One more of those flowers. I loved them!

melpla wedding 8.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Last one of flowers...will move on to something else next. lol.

melpla wedding 9.JPG

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
melpla, congratulations! I am so glad everything went well! The flowers look wonderful. More pictures!

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one taken before I got dressed...I had a huge bag of rose petals that I was sprinkling here and there, on the coffee table in the living room, etc....

melpla wedding 11.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Here's one of me in my dress talking to the minister before the ceremony. As you can see, I hung a bunch of tissue pompoms over the kitchen table, which I thought added a festive air. We had wine and cheese set out for people to have before we went over to the wedding reception, where hors d'oeuvre and dinner were served.

In the background, you can sort of see a bunch of picture frames on the china cabinet. I framed several photos of me and my husband as kids. Sappy, I know, but I liked it, and his parents appreciated it.

melpla wedding 12.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
During the ceremony...

melpla wedding 13.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Another ceremony photo. People said that the ceremony felt very intimate and meaningful, and "like us." I took that as a great compliment. We pieced together our ceremony from several different sources, so it said exactly what we wanted to say to each other.

melpla wedding 14.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!! The flowers look beautiful! And how fabulous to be able to get married at home!!!

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Here's one taken at the reception, of the cake. I didn't ask to have the rose petals going down the side of the cake, but it looked nice anyway.

melpla wedding 15.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
MIL didn''t take any of the table decor (the professional photographer did), but here''s one last pic of us that shows a bit...we had vases of pink hydrangeas with teal blue napkins. I thought the colors looked real nice together. We had a sweetheart table, with everyone else sitting around us in a sort of "U" shape. I don''t have any that really capture that yet...

I hope you enjoyed my photos!

melpla wedding 20.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love how you decorated the house and your dress is lovely! Congratulations!!
1.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Everything looked lovely and intimate. The florals were stunning; and you looked beautiful. Congratulations!

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Claudinam--I could not have been happier with "our" dress. It fits like a glove, and I felt very sexy and beautiful. Everyone thought it was stunning. I wouldn''t have changed a thing.

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful. You are making wish I did mine at home. We almost did, but our families are too big. Congratulations!

I would love to see your dress more close up. It is beautiful! Also that necklace???? I love how it drops down your back.

Congratulations again!
~T

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
wow, I love your necklace down the back, that is stunning, the dress is beautiful as well.
congratulations
35.gif

d2b

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! It all looks so pretty and I LOVE your dress!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my you look absolutely beautiful. You parents house is gorgeous with all the flowers decorating it. I love that you chose that type of atmosphere, so intimate. The flowers are beautiful. You did a wonderful job decorating.

Your dress is STUNNING. You look adorable in it. Love the cake too. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful wedding.

Linda

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
melpla, I posted before you got a chance to finish.

The dress looks so GOOD. It looks so beautiful and elegant on you. And I like that you brought emphasis to the back with the jewelry. Your husband
37.gif
seems pretty impressed with the dress too - I like how he''s holidng you in that picture.

Now I''m even MORE excited about my dress!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
You look smokin! What a lovely home your parents have, love that you put photos of yourselves as children, that is such a life-cycle commemoration touch. Really gorgeous.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Great photos. You look lovely and the house was decorated nicely.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Everything looked wonderful!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love that necklace you are wearing! And you looked beautiful in that dress! Congratulations!

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of the lovely comments! Here's a photo my husband took of me outside after the reception. We walked down to the waterfront to take a few photos of each other. Excuse the strange expression on my face; I was walking down the sidewalk at the time. The outdoor light shows more of the dress, I think.

I am carrying a purse I bought that matched my shoes, as well as one of our favor bags, and my husband's boutinniere, which he took off at the end of the reception, so he could just wear his stylin' suit for a while. lol.

melpla wedding 18.JPG

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes! The house looked very festive, yet had that awesome homey comfortable feel. I love the teal and pink combo, everything looks very beautiful.

melpla

Shiny_Rock
I tried to zoom in on the necklace a bit more. It had a lariet (sp?) at the back, which I really liked. The necklace, earrings, and bracelet were crystal and pearl from Amy''s Bridal Jewelry online.

jewelry.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results