shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m MARRIED!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Ginger!!!!!! You are so gorgeous, you should be a fashion model!!!!!

Your wedding looked awesome!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! First off, CONGRATS on the recent wedding! You two are beautiful and are a great looking couple! Enjoy your new journey as husband and wife! And great ring!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What stunning pictures! You look absolutely gorgeous and radiant in the red and white dress, and the Reem! So beautiful - all of the details, the pictures of your nephew and cousins...gorgeous!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow Ginger, everything looked soooooooo gorgeous and perfect!

Congrats again!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
GingerBcookie,

You look stunning! It seems like you had a perfect day and all of your wedding planning paid off. Congratulations!
36.gif

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
congrats! you look beautiful and so happy! love the ring shot :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks for posting all the pics, they are so cool! Congratulations!!!

kykd5

Rough_Rock
Hey Ginger,

I''m a Houston bride-to-be. I saw a few of your posts on The Knot and of course remember you from Pricescope when I was researching e-rings. Congratulations! Everything turned out beautiful! I love the Reem Acra dress!

Dena

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger -- You look SO beautiful! I love your red dress and (of course) your REEM! I agree with ally - we need more pics of that dress! You and your husband look so happy
5.gif
Congratulations

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Chiming in late here but wow you looked beautiful - your gown is gorgeous and so perfect for your figure. I would also love to see more pics of the wedding gown. You both look like you had a great time, I especially like the pic where both bride & groom are dipped over the arch laughing. Nephews are adorable as well. Congratulations!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
just saw this thread and i have to say that everything looks amazing! u are absolutely gorgeous and u look like u were having so much fun!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
thank you so much ladies! we WERE having so much fun! i really love the picture of us laughing as he''s dipping me, it really captures how we were feeling that day...just absolutely giddy with happiness and love! lol...that sounds sooo corny mushy!!!
3.gif

kykd5 - lol...can''t believe you saw me on theknot! i was barely there and didn''t post very much. well...glad to see you posting at ps! you''ll find the ladies here super helpful and friendly!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss these pics???? You looked EXQUISITE!!!!!! Congrats again Mrs Doc Cookie!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Any more new photos??? Come''on! You gotta have more by now!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I can''t remember if I commented here already.....but truly STUNNING in every way!!!!!! AMAZING wedding TIMES THREE!!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 4:02:04 AM
Author: Milly
Any more new photos??? Come''on! You gotta have more by now!
lol...i actually have tons..but figured i''d spare ya''ll until the pro ones come in. but i''f ya''ll want more...i can prob dig up a few more! but not until hubby sets up the computers again...sorry!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Tell hubby to hurry with the computers! I would love to see more pics, pro, non-pro, all of ''em!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful you look in your red and white dresses, and what a cutie your husband is. (Husband, husband, husband! Used to it yet?)

A long, happy marriage to you, Dr. Cookie!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2006 6:25:47 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
The traditional dress I wore is actually very old fashioned and out of ''style'' for current Vietnames trends. But I really wanted to look like all my aunts did when they got married. I remeber going to their wedding and being in them as a kid and just thinking how beautiful they looked. That is the image that has always been in my head for the way a bride should look, so when I couldn''t find the right ensemble since it was no longer trendy, I pieced the dress tofgether by going through diferent companies and having the dress custm made. It turned out to be less expensive (I found a FAB tailor) and Iw as able to modify the dress to give it a slightly more modern profile. I loved how it turned out. The red dress was velvet, which I made that decision despite probable boiling Houston weather (aaah..the sacrifices we make for beauty
5.gif
) because I loved the rich red that only velvet can give, but it turned out fine since the rain made everything relatively chilly in the morning, I didn''t melt in my dress and was very comfortable.

I know that feeling. My parents eloped, but I grew up seeing a movie of my aunt and uncle''s wedding. (They were married before I was born.) I completely understand how a little girl grows up dreaming of being a beautiful bride like the women in her family whom she saw getting married!

You created a truly incredible red and lace ensemble!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2006 6:25:47 PM
Hubby and I are two very traditional people in a very un-traditional relationship and so we wanted our day to have elements of both. So we decided to do all the ceremonies! Traditional in the sense that each ceremony and part was traditional and honored our cultures like our individual selves, non-traditional in that we did them all in one big long crazy day! just like our crazy jumble of cultures in our relationship and the mixing of two very different families. His family was so gracious and kind about honoring our traditions and my parents tried to make them as easy and streamlined as possible so things don''t get too out of hand since our cultures are so different. I didn''t post pics cuz i don''t really have good ones, but we did the coins and lasso ceremonies for his family, and played tons of traditional music and dances at the reception.

Tell us about your husband''s culture. I don''t have a clue as to his background and the words "coins" and "lasso" were insufficient to clue me in! I concur that he is gorgeous, though...almost as gorgeous as you! How can you be a doctor and this beautiful, too? Life is most definitely not fair!!!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to know more too. You mentioned that there were 3 ceremonies? The buddhist and western ceremony photos were gorgeous, so I''m terribly curious to know more about the 3rd ceremony.

As for the non-pro pics, I say, the more the merrier! I had tears in my eyes while reading about your ''unladylike snorts'' and seeing how happy you two looked.

More more more!!
36.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Oh you and your husband look so wonderful together!

I love the pic of the bridesmaid under your skirt. Congratulations.
35.gif

bluej422

Rough_Rock
Yay! Congratulations and best wishes. What a beautiful and special day. You look amazing and so happy. I especially love your earrings--do you mind sharing where you got them? Thanks!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
my earring were from banana republic. i think jcrow may be wearing the same ones.

soory...no pics yet. hubby is not being cooperative with setting up the computer.
8.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! and as for my hubby''s culture...his family is from mexico. the coins and lasso traditions are very hispanic -catholic. the coins (or aras) are 13 gold or silver coins that a sponsor/godparent give to you, symbolizing gifts/fortune/fruitfulness from God. THe sponsors pour the coins into the grooms hand symbolizing that God gives to you. The groom then pours the coins into the brides hand, showing he will share his wealth, she pours it back into his hands to symbolize that she will also share, and he give s back to the godparents to show giving back to God.

the Lasso is a large rosary with two loops that are just a symbolic tying together of the couple. Some peolpe also do a veil ceremony, which we opted not to. Not sure of the symbolism behind that.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that you blended the traditions and cultures so beautifully. I know Chinese women wear red, did not know about the Vietamese. You both look amazing and I love Maui, too! Great honeymoon spot!

PS, I am sooo glad it cleared for you at some point, but rain is supposed to be good luck on your wedding day...do not know where I heard that but though it worth mentioning!!!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Kathy - Congratulations on getting married and getting your doctor's degree! Your ceremonies and reception were beautiful, and you looked beautiful! I'm from Houston too, and we are planning on having 3 ceremonies as well (bride's home ceremony, same Buddhist temple - Chua Viet Nam, and a Catholic ceremony, if we are able to have one there). Was it hard and stressful to plan all of those ceremonies? I was thinking of we can't have a Catholic church ceremony to have a priest marry us outside. We are both Vietnamese, but I'm Buddhist and my bf is Catholic. Is that what you guys did? Is your husband Catholic? I know that blending the two religions is going to be a tough one for us, so any suggestions would help.

Thanks.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 12:38:38 PM
Author: radiantgirl
Kathy - Congratulations on getting married and getting your doctor''s degree! Your ceremonies and reception were beautiful, and you looked beautiful! I''m from Houston too, and we are planning on having 3 ceremonies as well (bride''s home ceremony, same Buddhist temple - Chua Viet Nam, and a Catholic ceremony, if we are able to have one there). Was it hard and stressful to plan all of those ceremonies? I was thinking of we can''t have a Catholic church ceremony to have a priest marry us outside. We are both Vietnamese, but I''m Buddhist and my bf is Catholic. Is that what you guys did? Is your husband Catholic? I know that blending the two religions is going to be a tough one for us, so any suggestions would help.

Thanks.
yes, it was tough, and extremely stressful. and to top it off, the day is extremely LONG and tiring. but so so so worth it. my husband is catholic, and initially we were planning a catholic wedding rather than the outdoor wedding (which cannot be catholic because all catholic wedding must be in a church) but the dates and times didn''t work out for us. we originally were going to have the catholic cereony at st. anne''s, but due to several factors, mainly logistic, my husband made the decision to do the civil one instead, and ask the officiant to have elements of a catholic wedding.

its can be tough to blend two religions, compromises have to be made on both sides, but just keep in mind waht the final objective is. you both love eachother, you both respect eachother, and you both want both or ya''ll to be happy.

i''ll be happy to answer any questions yo have on the logistics/planning or blending thing.
1.gif
good luck with everything!

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 11:32:19 AM

Date: 6/6/2006 12:38:38 PM
Author: radiantgirl
Kathy - Congratulations on getting married and getting your doctor's degree! Your ceremonies and reception were beautiful, and you looked beautiful! I'm from Houston too, and we are planning on having 3 ceremonies as well (bride's home ceremony, same Buddhist temple - Chua Viet Nam, and a Catholic ceremony, if we are able to have one there). Was it hard and stressful to plan all of those ceremonies? I was thinking of we can't have a Catholic church ceremony to have a priest marry us outside. We are both Vietnamese, but I'm Buddhist and my bf is Catholic. Is that what you guys did? Is your husband Catholic? I know that blending the two religions is going to be a tough one for us, so any suggestions would help.

Thanks.
yes, it was tough, and extremely stressful. and to top it off, the day is extremely LONG and tiring. but so so so worth it. my husband is catholic, and initially we were planning a catholic wedding rather than the outdoor wedding (which cannot be catholic because all catholic wedding must be in a church) but the dates and times didn't work out for us. we originally were going to have the catholic cereony at st. anne's, but due to several factors, mainly logistic, my husband made the decision to do the civil one instead, and ask the officiant to have elements of a catholic wedding.

its can be tough to blend two religions, compromises have to be made on both sides, but just keep in mind waht the final objective is. you both love eachother, you both respect eachother, and you both want both or ya'll to be happy.

i'll be happy to answer any questions yo have on the logistics/planning or blending thing.
1.gif
good luck with everything!
Thanks for your response. We have agreed that I am not going to convert and our kids would be exposed to both religions. Our main concern is that since we are not going to promise to raise our kids to be just "Catholics" and not going to have them baptised, until they are old enough to choose themselves, wouldn't that be a problem to the church? Have you guys agreed on how you are going to raise the kids as far as religion is concern? I was just wondering if the church you were going to have your ceremony at allowed the two of you to have a ceremony there if you didn't agree on having the kids being baptised Catholic and raising them up like that. I heard that you can have the wedding in the Catholic church, but only if you agreed upon bringing the kids up as Catholics.

I have a feeling I may be asking you for a lot of help in regards to this. Thanks so much for your help. We are only dealing with religion issues here. It's a big deal for us because his parents are devout Catholics, and they think it's unacceptable not to raise the kids up as anything else other than the Catholic way. I am hoping in the end, everything will have its place. You had to deal with cultural and religious issues. That must have been very tough, but your wedding turned out wonderful.
1.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby and I had long talks about religion and how we were going to brbing our family up with two very different religions. What we ended up agreeing to was we would just bring them up exposed to both sides. They will go to both church and temple. We will talk to them frequently about keeping an open mind on religion and that what the ministers and monks say is not neccesarily the end-all/be-all and that they should really think for themselves and that the main focus is to be a good person. When they are old enough, they can choose to be whatever they like, catholic, buddhist, or anything else under the sun (hopefully it won''t involve animal sacrifices, but otherwise, we''re not picky
3.gif
) as for the church, it varies from dioces and ministers. we found one that only requires that one person be catholic and one person swear to raise the children catholic. minor technicalities that can be worked around i think. hubby would promise and i was going to stay mum
9.gif
. anyway, don''t know if that helps any. it helps that neither of our families are gung-ho religious, so hopefully, they''ll keep their noses out of our child-rearing (small chance, but there is always hope!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results