shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m MARRIED!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding looked stunning- you are such a beautiful bride! Congrats to you and your hubby!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''m soo thrilled to hear that everything turned out OK and that Mother Nature was smiling on you & your DH that day.

THANKS much for sharing pics, they were BEAUTIFUL!

Best wishes for a lifetime of wedded bliss!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ginger you looked so beautiful on your wedding day! Everything about your wedding just looked so perfect! I wanna see more detailed pics of your Reem as well! That is one gorgeous dress!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Ginger! Everything looks absolutely amazing! You look drop dead gorgeous & your hubbie is so handsome! I can''t believe how well these photographs turned out. Your friends did a great job! (Of course, it helps that all of their subjects were great!) I adore every last detail of your wedding. It was so elegant.

It rained on my wedding day too, but cleared up in time for the ceremony. Isn''t that the best feeling? It''s like nothing can go wrong after that.

Speaking of wonderful feelings, congrats on finally being married! I can just feel your joy through your posts.
face23.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger, I''m Chinese, which has similar traditions as you. Sam is Vietnamese-Chinese though.

I had to come back to look at those beautiful pics again! You look stunning in your gown! I want to see more pics!!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Wow you look absolutely amazing ginger! The whole day must have been a dream for everybody there to witness the union of two poeple in love. Thanks for sharing it with us. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
WOHOO!!!! Another H-Town girl married!!! You look so stunning- straight out of a magazine!! I am so happy for you and hubby!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Everything is gorgeous and you have great taste! I can''t wait to the professional pics.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! Hubby and I worked hard to plan or wedding and wer''re so happy they way it turned out. We paid for the entire thing ourselves (didn''t feel right burdening our parents who can''t afford to help us) so I was a crazy mad priceshopper finding the best deals where I could, partioning out our "splurges" to where we thought was important.

I would love to post more pics, but I''ll hold on until the pro pics come in
9.gif
. I love looking at our pics. The day certainly didn''t pass without glitches, but we were so fabolously happy it totally didn''t matter! We''ve been together 8 years now and I still look at him and marvel at how lucky I am to have such a wonderful person by my side! We haven''t gone out since our weding, but I CAN''T WAIT to introduce him as my husband!! To someone! Anyone! Even if it''s the checker at the grocery store! lol

To answer some of the questions/comments:

- I wish I had better pics of my dress, but unfortunately none of the non-pro pics I''ve seen have any. THe pro-pics def do so ya''ll will def see those when they get in. I love love love loved my dress! It was even more gorgeous on the day of I felt, prob due to my excitement! The dress was quite an "investment" but worth it! And did I ever wear that dress out! After all the dancing and partying and photos, my poor dress is worn to pieces! I didn''t try to keep the dress pristine, I just wanted to wear it, be comfy, and enjoy the dress and day to the max!

- The traditional dress I wore is actually very old fashioned and out of "style" for current Vietnames trends. But I really wanted to look like all my aunts did when they got married. I remeber going to their wedding and being in them as a kid and just thinking how beautiful they looked. That is the image that has always been in my head for the way a bride should look, so when I couldn''t find the right ensemble since it was no longer trendy, I pieced the dress tofgether by going through diferent companies and having the dress custm made. It turned out to be less expensive (I found a FAB tailor) and Iw as able to modify the dress to give it a slightly more modern profile. I loved how it turned out. The red dress was velvet, which I made that decision despite probable boiling Houston weather (aaah..the sacrifices we make for beauty
5.gif
) because I loved the rich red that only velvet can give, but it turned out fine since the rain made everything relatively chilly in the morning, I didn''t melt in my dress and was very comfortable.

- OMG...planning three ceremonies was a statistical nightmare, but so worth it. My parents let the traditional ceremony up to me whether or not I wanted it. Hubby and I are two very traditional people in a very un-traditional relationship and so we wanted our day to have elements of both. So we decided to do all the ceremonies! Traditional in the sense that each ceremony and part was traditional and honored our cultures like our individual selves, non-traditional in that we did them all in one big long crazy day! just like our crazy jumble of cultures in our relationship and the mixing of two very different families. His family was so gracious and kind about honoring our traditions and my parents tried to make them as easy and streamlined as possible so things don''t get too out of hand since our cultures are so different. I didn''t post pics cuz i don''t really have good ones, but we did the coins and lasso ceremonies for his family, and played tons of traditional music and dances at the reception.

-We were sooooo lucky the rain didn''t turn Houston into a sauna as it usually does. The thunderstorms came through with a cold frnt and cooled down Houston for a week after out wedding. It felt fabolous out and still does right now!

People are still sending me their pics, so if i find any good ones I''l post em up...if not, ya''ll will just have to wait along with me for our professional pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...incredible pictures! You are beautiful, and you and your hubby make such a wonderful couple!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger, simply amazing pics and I can sense the emotions you were feeling that day...you look absolutely stunning. I must say that I really love the pic of you and your hubby kneeling in front of the monk...I have never seen pics of a ceremony like yours and I just love them.

If you don''t mind me saying, your hubby is HHHHHOOOTT...
9.gif

Congratulations on your marriage!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, Ginger, everything was sooooo perfect! It makes me want to tear up! LOL! You and A look soooo happy, I just love the pic where he''s got you bent back to kiss you and you''ve got your head thrown back with laughter...sooooo cute!!! Your traditional ceremony was gorgeous, the shot of the monks blessing you is so beautiful, and of course, your garden ceremony Reem Acra looked amaaaaazing!! Wow, everything looks so wonderful, thanks for sharing, and I''m so happy for you two!!! Congrats, sweetie!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ginger, what a delight to be able to see these pictures of your wedding. The way you presented it in sequence shows a real-life storybook wedding! *Everyone* looks so beautiful and happy -- but you and your husband look truly exuberant. I love your traditional wedding gown; I''m glad to hear it came out just the way you wanted.

Congratulations & thanks for sharing.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
From one Houston girl to another...

GORGEOUS WEDDING

GORGEOUS DRESS

BEAUTIFUL BRIDE AND GROOM

Where was your reception with the domed ceiling?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Both wedding dresses are gorgeous. I also had a spaghetti-strapped gown with a bouquet of red roses. I could feel the emotions at your wedding through these photos. Thanks so much for posting!!!!!
21.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 7:06:27 PM
Author: rms
Ginger, simply amazing pics and I can sense the emotions you were feeling that day...you look absolutely stunning. I must say that I really love the pic of you and your hubby kneeling in front of the monk...I have never seen pics of a ceremony like yours and I just love them.

If you don''t mind me saying, your hubby is HHHHHOOOTT...
9.gif

Congratulations on your marriage!
I don''t mind at all! I always tell him he''s my hot latin lover and he gets all embarrassed and blushes...such a cutie!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 8:35:46 PM
Author: Ann
From one Houston girl to another...

GORGEOUS WEDDING

GORGEOUS DRESS

BEAUTIFUL BRIDE AND GROOM

Where was your reception with the domed ceiling?

It was at the Parador, in the museum district. It''s a historic building that''s been "converted" into an events facility. Gorgeous place and worked really well with my old-world spanish thing I had going...even though architechturally its supposed to be Byzantine/Mediterrean.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger, I looove the pictures you posted! Your friends did such a wonderful job capturing the event. Everything and everyone looks so beautiful, just absolutely stunning
1.gif
Congratulations to you and your new hubby
9.gif

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
Oh Ginger,

Your wedding was spectacular... the details of the cake to your flowers and the flowers on the aisle... your cousins are adorable. I loved every part of it, including the peonies and the crystals in your BM''s bouquets!! You guys look so happy and hubby IS very very hot..

Congratulations and your wedding was absolutely gorgeous. I cannot wait to see pics of you in the Reem and more of the flowers! Peonies are my absolute fave!!!

30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your wedding looks like it was perfect! Really beautiful. Congratulations!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooooooh great pics!!!!!! I need to see more pics of that reem too ...
2.gif

I''m so glad you guys lucked out with the rain - we did too -
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

congrats!!!

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Yay, congrats! You were beautiful like I knew you would, and your dress is to die for! Your dress is the only Reem dress that I like actually, it''s stunning on you!
36.gif
Can''t wait for the pro pics - please do bombard us when they arrive!!!! How long will it take? Ours will take 4 weeks. . . . . *sigh*

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Ginger! Thank you so much for the detailed narrative and pictures--I almost feel like I was there! You looked absolutely radiant, just flawless! So happy that the weather turned out good!
36.gif

May you and your husband have a lifetime of love and happy memories!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone!

yay for flopkins! i'm glad ya'll lucked out too! now i look at the weather and just laugh cuz i feel like it no longer has power over me...isn't that weird?

DG - i have no idea how long the wait will be, but i'm sure it's longer than i'd like, since i want my pics like right now!
3.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger--my dresses were both pretty dirty on the bottom--was your''s too? The one from the LA wedding has red wine spilled down the front (just a few drops, thankfully) and a big blob of light orange something-or-other on the butt. I kept stepping on both of the dresses when I danced with my husband (I never get tired of saying that!!!). In fact, I kept slipping on the beads on the bottom of my dress in Slovenia and then the bustle broke when we were doing the conga line.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
You are beautiful. I really love the Buddhist ceremony. I never thought about or know that temple does anything like that. That is unique and special for you and your family. Congratulations!!!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
hi ginger,

i came back to admire your pictures again (they really are gorgeous!) and noticed that you honeymooned in maui. we''ll be going to either maui or the big island for our honeymoon, but we only have 5 days. can you tell me about your maui experience? would you recommend it?

thanks,
san diego bride

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ginger, welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looked like everything went so beautifully, and your wedding was just GORGEOUS! I''m just so happy for the 2 of you, and wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Misato-san

Rough_Rock
wow!!!

I love the pictures from the wedding!!! That red dress is gorgeous. Congrats to you both!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
YAYYYY!!! Everything is GORGEOUS.. you looked AMAZING.. you should be in magazines!!!!!!! What an amazing (but perhaps exhausting??) day you must have had with three ceremonies!!! and.. I may kidnap all of your nephews because they are just the cutest little boys EVER.. Wanna ship them up to be ringbearers in my wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results